White Christmas Blizzard 2022

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas 2022

Post by tron777 »

Pete1 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:09 pm It is almost showtime, Les!!! This might be a storm that we talk about 20 years from now

This temperature drop is going to be something epic!! Maybe a once in a lifetime event. I’m 52 and I can’t remember anything like this with a temp drop in all my life
Yep! I'm feeling it too! Going to take a dinner break here then I'll be back for the fun! It won't be long now... surface temp map.

fztp.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Oh and while I'm gone, get your friends, family, etc. to sign up for AV! It is free and you know how easy it is! Let's pack this joint! :waveusa:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

Christmas lights, outside spotlights to see the snow, charging 2 cell phones, a tablet and a battery pack, my electric meter is spinning out of control!
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
Browneyedgirl
Heavy Rain

Post by Browneyedgirl »

snowbo wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:31 pm Christmas lights, outside spotlights to see the snow, charging 2 cell phones, a tablet and a battery pack, my electric meter is spinning out of control!
It’ll really be spinning tomorrow!!
Lisa
Liberty Township, Butler County

Still learning all this weather stuff!
MJSun
Thunder Storm

Post by MJSun »

fyrfyter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:26 pm Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 17.24.24.png

I pulled up the IND radar and marked the separation between rain and snow that you can see on Dual-Pol Correlation Coefficient.
This won't bust our snow will it?

(Yes I admit I'm very sensitive to cold rain busting snow lol)
Mollie
Cincinnati: Batavia/Amelia (H), Norwood (W)

The extent of my weather knowledge is pointing at the sky and saying what color it is.

:bouncymulti:
mainevilleweather
Thunder Storm

Post by mainevilleweather »

RAP and HRRR still giving us a solid 6 to 9 inches each run!
fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Post by fyrfyter »

MJSun wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:38 pm

I pulled up the IND radar and marked the separation between rain and snow that you can see on Dual-Pol Correlation Coefficient.

Nope. it's literally just showing where the rain/snow separation currently is.
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions
fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Post by fyrfyter »

NWS Indianapolis says flash freezing occurring across their area now.

16 degree temperature drop in 90 minutes! Wow! That's about a degree every 5.5 minutes.
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions
Mjr
Rain Shower

Post by Mjr »

I just turned on our heat lamp in the chicken coop.
A few of my chickens are moulting now.. Mother Nature
Sure has a sense of humor! Currently 43 here.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm
cincy bud wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:52 pm I wonder if Rumpke will even pick up Friday.
I know in our neighborhood they do pick up even if its a holiday. Not sure how each city writes up their contract with rumpke.
Hi Tim and Bud, I believe that Rumpke employees are only off Christmas Day and New Year's Day. :thumbupright: Dedicated indeed! :)

Wx conditions like tomorrow e.g. I figure a driver + another guy or gal and no one riding along in the back. Don't know if they'll be getting around or not. Whenever ... ;)

Currently 39 here in G'ville, progged for -7 Fri morning and then 0 tops :lol: for Fri in general.
MJSun
Thunder Storm

Post by MJSun »

fyrfyter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:42 pm
MJSun wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:38 pm

Nope. it's literally just showing where the rain/snow separation currently is.
Cool. Sorry Once (or multiple times) bitten twice shy.
Mollie

The extent of my weather knowledge is pointing at the sky and saying what color it is.

fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Post by fyrfyter »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:51 pm
cincy bud wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:52 pm I wonder if Rumpke will even pick up Friday.
I know in our neighborhood they do pick up even if its a holiday. Not sure how each city writes up their contract with rumpke.
Hi Tim and Bud, I believe that Rumpke employees are only off Christmas Day and New Year's Day. :thumbupright: Dedicated indeed! :)

Wx conditions like tomorrow e.g. I figure a driver + another guy or gal and no one riding along in the back. Don't know if they'll be getting around or not. Whenever ... ;)

Currently 39 here in G'ville, progged for -7 Fri morning and then 0 tops :lol: for Fri in general.
We have done practice garbage truck emergencies in the past. They actually prefer filled to overfilled trucks in the snow. It makes them heavier so they are easier to drive in poor weather.
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

fyrfyter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:56 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:51 pm

We have done practice garbage truck emergencies in the past. They actually prefer filled to overfilled trucks in the snow. It makes them heavier so they are easier to drive in poor weather.
Thank you Aaron :) Interesting to know. :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'm back!!! Let's get this party started. Got my beer and I had to crack open the peach bird dog for this system! So before that all takes over later, let's get some analysis in. :lol: If you look at the surface map below from the SPC:

pmsl.gif

You'll notice our low continuing to deepen over the Ohio / IN border and the trough is starting to take on a negative tilt. Meanwhile, the East Coast low at 1006 MB, if you look at the pressure lines, (isobars) is that system already starting to get absorbed into the 500 MB trough coming in, ala the arctic front and OH / Indy Low? I'd seriously like some thoughts out there on this topic. Thanks!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Josh351m
Rain Shower

Post by Josh351m »

Just talked to a friend that lives in Vincennes and he said it was 45 at 5pm now it’s down to 13 degrees and ground is covered
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Josh351m wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:16 pm Just talked to a friend that lives in Vincennes and he said it was 45 at 5pm now it’s down to 13 degrees and ground is covered
Wow! Can't wait until it moves into our locations. Appreciate that report. Let's keep those kinds of reports coming in folks. As always if your location is not in your profile or signature already then let us know where you're at. Thanks so much! It is nowcast time! :mrgreen:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

610.PNG
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Post by fyrfyter »

It would appear that we are finally starting to cool. Weather station is at 44, but it has dropped a few tenths over the past couple of minutes.
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Hey Les and drinking a rum slush tonight that my wife made. I am usually a beer drinker but had this last night and what a punch lol. I will throw out a few takes here in the next 10 minutes or so. Just looking over some info
MJSun
Thunder Storm

Post by MJSun »

fyrfyter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:56 pm
That makes a lot of sense!! Never thought of it.
Mollie

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

This is soooo awesome! I have highlighted some cool features. Check it out! The red squiggly lines are ridges. The PNA ridge is right along the West Coast. Remember me hammering that point for days and days and days? We needed it there. Check. Weak ridging just off the East Coast and some nice blocking up top not shown in this image. Check. Massive trough that has really dug and is starting to take on that negative tilt we talked about. Check. Powerful jet streak that is beginning to strengthen as well. Check. Am I missing anything? :lol:

500mb_sf.gif
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

fyrfyter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:23 pm It would appear that we are finally starting to cool. Weather station is at 44, but it has dropped a few tenths over the past couple of minutes.
45 here with 0.02" of rain thus far IMBY. CVG has the same temp and 0.03" of rain.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:24 pm Hey Les and drinking a rum slush tonight that my wife made. I am usually a beer drinker but had this last night and what a punch lol. I will throw out a few takes here in the next 10 minutes or so. Just looking over some info
Awesome! Sounds good Tim! We need to get together one day. We've talked about it before but this year in 2023, we need to like really make it a point! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Josh351m wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:16 pm Just talked to a friend that lives in Vincennes and he said it was 45 at 5pm now it’s down to 13 degrees and ground is covered
My late maternal grandmother lived in Princeton, IN not far from Vincennes.

Still holding at 39 here in Greenville but of course not for long.