July 2022 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Re: July 2022 Weather Discussion

Post by young pup »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:57 am
Bgoney wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:48 am Just what the doctor ordered for ailing landscapes and crops. 1.6" imby of light to moderate rains. 1.5" also in Indian Hill
The corn and soy ought to be perking up this week after some heat has been applied. Silver Queen has been coming in though from a local farmer and man it is primo stuff! :thumbsup:
Oh yes, the crops definitely needed this rainfall in some areas. This was a soaking in type of rain. No runoff from this.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

young pup wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:29 am
tron777 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:23 am
young pup wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:20 am Just dumped the gauge. 1.40 yesterday. 2.10 for Saturday and Sunday. Hoping this rain coming my way slides southeast of me. No that I don’t appreciate it I’m already behind on the week. Sunday is the start of my week.
You guys have seen a months worth of rainfall in the past 5 days or so. :lol: You've def seen enough.

EDIT: Over 2" at CMH just since the 15th alone.
Let's tack on .30 more here. 6.88 at cmh for the month. I'm at 7.80 here. Just need the pavement to start to dry and I am heading out. :)
Oh wow! I didn't even realize it had been that much. :lol: You're ready to break out the boat now.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mjr
Rain Shower

Post by Mjr »

2.1 event total here
Have a couple area's of standing water next to our garden.
I’m a retired school teacher,but work with my middle son in lawn care.
Much needed rain for sure.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mjr wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:53 am 2.1 event total here
Have a couple area's of standing water next to our garden.
I’m a retired school teacher,but work with my middle son in lawn care.
Much needed rain for sure.
Nice to see you posting a bit more lately. Hope that continues. Thanks for the report! A nice soaking over the last 2 days for most folks. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

NAM keeps Wednesday evening interesting for possible storms. Some descent parameters there if storms can fire for Ohio mostly
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

LaNina rolls on as.do the trades

qoQiGuO.jpg
Screenshot_20220718-113426_Drive.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
Woolyworm
Rain Shower

Post by Woolyworm »

Just got back to the woodpile from Hilton Head, SC. Left on the 8th with the gauge empty. This is now. Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Wed evening and into the overnight is def gaining some interest. 12Z GFS also showing scattered storms developing along a front Wed evening and as late as midnight for some folks... So mainly an after dark thing for those S of I-70. SPC has a marg to slight risk out for the region at this time.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:55 am NAM keeps Wednesday evening interesting for possible storms. Some descent parameters there if storms can fire for Ohio mostly
SPC in agreement

OH_swody3.png
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:05 pm Wed evening and into the overnight is def gaining some interest. 12Z GFS also showing scattered storms developing along a front Wed evening and as late as midnight for some folks... So mainly an after dark thing for those S of I-70. SPC has a marg to slight risk out for the region at this time.
Always use some more rain but like we see many times in mid-summer the system may be to far north and the further northeast you go the better chances. We may be on the southwest end and we have already seen that happen in recent weeks. Way too early and of course will be more of a now cast once we get into Wednesday afternoon.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:12 pm
tron777 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:05 pm Wed evening and into the overnight is def gaining some interest. 12Z GFS also showing scattered storms developing along a front Wed evening and as late as midnight for some folks... So mainly an after dark thing for those S of I-70. SPC has a marg to slight risk out for the region at this time.
Always use some more rain but like we see many times in mid-summer the system may be to far north and the further northeast you go the better chances. We may be on the southwest end and we have already seen that happen in recent weeks. Way too early and of course will be more of a now cast once we get into Wednesday afternoon.
I agree, there is going to be a limit to how far SW the storms build ahead of the front since you'll be too far away from the lift, support, wind shear, etc. CAPE won't be an issue but a cap could limit convection for some until late. A few details to be worked out for sure, but it does bear watching.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Couple more downpours showing on radar just to my north drifting south.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The better action is to my south but wonder if we all won't have a shot at a few more showers thru this evening?
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z Euro is not on board, showing anything popping well SE of our coverage area. So if the Euro is not as interested like the NAM and GFS... then it'll probably happen, right? :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

So I did get under one of those brief downpours. Brings my storm total to 2.85".
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:53 pm So I did get under one of those brief downpours. Brings my storm total to 2.85".
Wow! :o You're trying to make a run at JP now! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Great to hear that many have cashed in nicely!! :thumbupleft:

:offtopic: Home Run Derby tonight and 92nd All-Star Game classic on Tues night. 8-) The only Redleg selected for this year's one is pitcher Luis Castillo. :)

Currently 82 here in G'ville.
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:17 pm
cloudy72 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:53 pm So I did get under one of those brief downpours. Brings my storm total to 2.85".
Wow! :o You're trying to make a run at JP now! :lol:
He can have it. :) lol
airwolf76
EF0 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

looks like the heat ridge is shifting further to the east now. the next 2 weeks will probably be the hottest of the year.
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

airwolf76 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:13 am looks like the heat ridge is shifting further to the east now. the next 2 weeks will probably be the hottest of the year.
No doubt for the east coast this should be the hottest period so far this summer.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and tons of moisture outside this morning. Yes heading into another period of heat but again not seeing temps getting above 95 any day and very possible we stay mainly in the 90-93 range most days though today and Thursday should see upper 80's. So yes another so called heat wave but again not seeing those temps anywhere near 100 plus this time of year records for high temps are at their highest and they are above 100. Can we get a strong storm Wednesday afternoon or evening is the next question and love to see a nice thundershower but again now cast will be needed but I will take more rain. Mowed the grass yesterday afternoon because I knew that was probably the coolest day we were going to see for the next week. Was not that hot yesterday but with the ground filled with moisture a good way to sweat off a few pounds.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning! Cannot disagree with any of Tim's post this morning. We have both been lock n step with our temps over the next week. We shall see on Wed evening if any storms can get going and if yes, how much. Sunday into early next week offers up the next chances. Still going with 95 as max temp at CVG.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'm still going with 50% coverage on Wed. More NE and less to the SW you go in the OV. My guesses on days when we hit 90 are: Wed, Fri, Sat, and possibly Sunday too. Depending on how quickly and not quickly, storms pop. So we should have 3-4 days at 90 or above upcoming. This is for CVG so local areas and other locations, results may vary. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

I know the national news will be all over the heat and they have talked about western Europe which has no doubt been very hot. The problem is when parts of Australia saw their coldest temps ever in June I never saw a story on that with the national media. Must give both sides if you want folks to believe your crap. Of course eastern Europe in western Russia is very cool at the moment so yes once again mother nature will balance itself out and only wish the national media could live by the standard.