June 2022 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: June 2022 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! I think I did good with the storms yesterday in terms of thoughts and coverage but I will def bust hard on the heat. I said 88-92 Tues thru Thurs and we already hit 92 yesterday so we can toss my temp call in the trash can. :lol: No rain at all from yesterday / overnight's storms here but everything is still fine. Glad the plants will dry out a bit so they can be fertilized later this week.

Next chance for rain most likely will be Thurs with the front working thru. Storm coverage looks to be scattered at this time. We lose the heat this weekend briefly. Fathers Day weekend is actually awesome with highs in the U70s to L80s and lows in the 50s for most folks. The 90s look to return for a bit next week as well. GFS is looking more active and troughy again after 6/23. Is it correct or does the heat continue? We'll see!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

House of Cards
Heavy Rain

Post by House of Cards »

So went to see the new Top Gun Maverick at Western Hills Cinemark last night; Tickets for the 5:30 showing. Heard some rumbling while inside but couldn't tell if that was outside or noise from another theatre. Came out to see pieces of tree all over and the strip up Cheviot Rd by White Oak Shopping Center was dark. Luckily got home and all was OK here in Blue Meadows. Praying for those who are still without power right now.
I still have big time doubts about the hi temp getting that high today and tomorrow with the now even more freshly soaked ground. Guess we'll all find out together.
Located at intersection of Blue Rock Rd and I-275/SR 126 Hwy in Colerain
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

A couple of neat tidbits for this morning - just to show what kind of heat dome we are dealing with!

Louisville SDF only dropped to 83 this morning.
My old stomping grounds RDU (Raleigh-Durham NC) only fell to 80 tying the ALL TIME warmest low temp at that location.

Not sure what the warmest low at SDF is, but it can't be much higher than 83!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Regarding Outages, Ohio still sitting at around 340,000. Holmes County is the hardest hit with 74% out. Around 100,000 outages in West Virginia and Wirt County WV seems to be the hardest hit with about 92% of that county out.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

House of Cards wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:13 am So went to see the new Top Gun Maverick at Western Hills Cinemark last night; Tickets for the 5:30 showing. Heard some rumbling while inside but couldn't tell if that was outside or noise from another theatre. Came out to see pieces of tree all over and the strip up Cheviot Rd by White Oak Shopping Center was dark. Luckily got home and all was OK here in Blue Meadows. Praying for those who are still without power right now.
I still have big time doubts about the hi temp getting that high today and tomorrow with the now even more freshly soaked ground. Guess we'll all find out together.
I have heard great things about that movie! Def need to see it.
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

I definitely busted yesterday. We got hit hard up in Montgomery at work.
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Trevor wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:35 am I definitely busted yesterday. We got hit hard up in Montgomery at work.
Well you are spot on many many times and often see things that we do not, so one bust is no big deal! :) I definitely have my shares of busts! My problem is separating my passion for wanting to see every storm hit my hood which I know is impossible. I do have this dome that wins about 70% of the time. :lol:
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

CVG already at 81 and it's not even 9:00 yet. Will be interested to see how high we go! I'm going 94 let's see how bad I do! LOL
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Soupy is a good word to stress today's weather. Sun is trying to break through the dark clouds this morning and will though it will be quite hazy all day. Rain chances much less today but an isolated storm is still possible though probably less than 5p/c of folks will see any rain. Concerning busts and we probably bust on here in the same % as met's and models. Sometimes going outside the norm makes you look really smart and other times very dumb. There are certain patterns that are very easy and one like we have at the moment that is somewhat rare. Of course most of us on here know the bias of weather models which are more noticeable in the winter months. We have such a diverse group and how we forecast which imo makes this forum so good. Once again I am downstairs in the basement with my frosted windows once again. How high will the dew point go today is the question.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Trevor wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:34 am
House of Cards wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:13 am So went to see the new Top Gun Maverick at Western Hills Cinemark last night; Tickets for the 5:30 showing. Heard some rumbling while inside but couldn't tell if that was outside or noise from another theatre. Came out to see pieces of tree all over and the strip up Cheviot Rd by White Oak Shopping Center was dark. Luckily got home and all was OK here in Blue Meadows. Praying for those who are still without power right now.
I have heard great things about that movie! Def need to see it.
I am seeing it today in about 90 mins. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:47 am
Trevor wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:35 am I definitely busted yesterday. We got hit hard up in Montgomery at work.
Well you are spot on many many times and often see things that we do not, so one bust is no big deal! :) I definitely have my shares of busts! My problem is separating my passion for wanting to see every storm hit my hood which I know is impossible. I do have this dome that wins about 70% of the time. :lol:
Same here... I am probably guilty of it more so with snow then severe wx. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:22 am Soupy is a good word to stress today's weather. Sun is trying to break through the dark clouds this morning and will though it will be quite hazy all day. Rain chances much less today but an isolated storm is still possible though probably less than 5p/c of folks will see any rain. Concerning busts and we probably bust on here in the same % as met's and models. Sometimes going outside the norm makes you look really smart and other times very dumb. There are certain patterns that are very easy and one like we have at the moment that is somewhat rare. Of course most of us on here know the bias of weather models which are more noticeable in the winter months. We have such a diverse group and how we forecast which imo makes this forum so good. Once again I am downstairs in the basement with my frosted windows once again. How high will the dew point go today is the question.
I was hoping we'd shave a little off the dews but no such luck. As of 9:35am, CVG was sitting at 82 / 79. I have 83 / 78 as of this post. Gonna be a sauna just like yesterday minus higher temps. The peak HI yesterday I believe was around 108. I expect 110+ this afternoon if yesterday's trends are to be believed. Low clouds are mixing out and the sun is going to take over. Naturally as you said we'll see some haze and probably some puffy CU later in the day but there isn't really anything stopping us from hitting the mid 90s now. CVG got no rain to help offset the heat from yesterday. 850 MB temps are currently around the +23 to +24C range at CVG with 500 MB heights around the 592 DM range. The center of the 594 DM heights are over Western KY / TN down into N MS and AL.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

As far as alerts and advisories go... I expect Air Quality alerts that are already out for today to most likely be extended thru Thurs. The excessive heat warning will probably be re-issued for tomorrow as well. For Thursday, a see a heat advisory at the very least.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

I about 2/10ths of an inch yesterday and the yard was soaked this morning. Those dew points can reach 80 again I believe. I need to get my mulch out but it has been to wet and not going to do it in the heat. Hopefully Saturday will be the day as temps looks rather nice. Thursday and though models are having trouble seeing tons of rainfall I believe over the next day or two the rain totals will go up. With this heat and humidity combined with a nice cold front I expect some nice storms later Thursday.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

10am report from CVG. Temp 84 Dew Point 79 Heat Index 96
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:55 am I about 2/10ths of an inch yesterday and the yard was soaked this morning. Those dew points can reach 80 again I believe. I need to get my mulch out but it has been to wet and not going to do it in the heat. Hopefully Saturday will be the day as temps looks rather nice. Thursday and though models are having trouble seeing tons of rainfall I believe over the next day or two the rain totals will go up. With this heat and humidity combined with a nice cold front I expect some nice storms later Thursday.
For Thurs.... the SPC has a marginal and slight risk out for the Eastern half of our coverage area. Going to be a day or two before we can get the timing of the front down.

day3otlk_0730.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Most dew points in the low-mid 70's across the Ohio Valley. Locally we are higher just because we have been so wet the past month.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Current dews:

Dews.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:06 am Most dew points in the low-mid 70's across the Ohio Valley. Locally we are higher just because we have been so wet the past month.
Hey Tim, so looking forward to the cooler temps and lower dews in the upper 50's and lower 60's for this weekend with camping. :)
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

winterstormjoe wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:11 am
tpweather wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:06 am Most dew points in the low-mid 70's across the Ohio Valley. Locally we are higher just because we have been so wet the past month.
Hey Tim, so looking forward to the cooler temps and lower dews in the upper 50's and lower 60's for this weekend with camping. :)
Joe it looks great. Friday may start a little muggy but the rest of the weekend will feel great. Monday temps will start to rise but you will be out of beer by then.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Great Map Les. Really shows the heavy rains to the east took some bite out of those dew points. For us though very little taken out of atmosphere so we are just getting killed by the moisture content
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Record Highs and Warm Record Lows for CVG: We could easily tie or break a couple of these.

For today: 95 set back in 1976. Low was 73 set back in 2015
For Wed: 97 set back in 1952. Low was 74 set back in 1976
For Thurs: 96 set back in 1913. Low was 76 set back in 1873.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:12 am
winterstormjoe wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:11 am
Joe it looks great. Friday may start a little muggy but the rest of the weekend will feel great. Monday temps will start to rise but you will be out of beer by then.
The Euro actually had this solution correct before the GFS for the weekend. It's about time that model got something right. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:13 am Great Map Les. Really shows the heavy rains to the east took some bite out of those dew points. For us though very little taken out of atmosphere so we are just getting killed by the moisture content
Yes Sir... it is awful! You either need to be by some water or stay in the A/C for the next few days. It's about all we can do until it passes.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

BG's Heat Talk! Blog Update from a couple of hours ago:

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page