Re: April 2022 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: May 2022 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

Got a few cells out there now. Good luck to all! Hope everyone who needs it for their lawns and newly planted gardens can get in on a little action. If you have outdoor plans, send a cell my way. Thank you. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

So far, The Dome is holding. It's been occurring in almost all directions. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

On and off rain showers with some thunder. Glad to see the rainfall.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Okay I would consider this a thunderstorm. Big strike and some heavy rain falling.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Thunder no longer an issue but a nice steady light to sometimes moderate rain. Just what the doctor ordered.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Wow Tim! A lot of noise here but so far nothing.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

It's looking very dark here.
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Long live the dome! Back to normal summer stuff here where it rains cats and dogs a mile away and here nary a drop lol
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The Dome has broken here! Not a lot of rain it is light. But I'll take whatever I can get lol. Only 0.10" so far but radar has a nice cell near by raining itself out so we'll see how long it keeps going.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Dome finally broke here as well - albeit light but I’ll take it !
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

86 for my high today. Rain cooled me down to 63 now. Picked up a nice drink 0.46" total! That'll work for me! Should see some locally dense fog tomorrow morning now. I think the 50/50 call was a little under done per radar coverage but the call was halfway decent nonetheless. I think an isolated storm is possible tomorrow but most should stay dry after the fog mixes out. Best chance again to me still looks like Sun night after midnight, ending Mon morning. Severe wx to me isolated due to bad timing of the front.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

Camping at John Bryan State Park near Yellow Springs, Ohio. Been a pretty consistent rain for over 2 hours. Nice lighting display too!!
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Picked up a tenth in my gauge for Sat.

CVG 83, DAY 85 and CMH 84 today.

:offtopic: Prayers / thoughts with families of those who were viciously slaughtered this afternoon and with the injured and their families at the hands of a white supremacist at a Buffalo, NY supermarket. :cry: :cry:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG cashed in with 0.85" I received 0.46" We'll see what happens as we approach midnight tonight. Slight risk has been trimmed back to a marginal risk. Probably due to poor frontal timing which we've already mentioned here. Look for a toasty 85 today.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and yesterday was interesting as we seldom see that kind of day with showers and thundershowers. We had the leftover boundary from the storm 1 week ago moving west and then another boundary that was to the west. These two got together and did a little dance which in turn provided some nice thundershowers in the afternoon and early evening. You see this all the time in Florida with the two different wind energy's meeting up and forming thunderstorms.

Late tonight like Les mentioned is the next chance but timing is so key. I will still look at the 4am-9am on Monday and hopefully we are still southeast of the front and if so expect a nice round of showers and thundershowers. The problem is the timing is going to be so close and if this moves faster then we may end with very little. I do believe this front though is going to produce some decent storms to the east on Monday over W.Virginia,Maryland and Virginia and areas nearby. Timing for them may end up perfect for a decent outbreak of severe weather.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Tim, I agree. The better severe chances due to the timing, will be West and again East of us, as you mentioned. Look SW for the better severe threat today and we'll see what happens as we approach the late evening into early overnight period tonight. By the AM Rush, things should be winding down across the region from NW to SE.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Didn't get rain Yesterday but I didn't want or need any , so it worked out pretty good . Some that wanted the rain, seems like they got it.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:05 am Didn't get rain Yesterday but I didn't want or need any , so it worked out pretty good . Some that wanted the rain, seems like they got it.
Hey Bgoney, I believe it worked out pretty good yesterday. I know folks had received quite a bit that first week of May but I got about half of what the CVG airport received and I live 10 miles away. A good .75 yesterday which worked out perfect and would love to see another .75 or so overnight but that will no doubt do with timing.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:05 am Didn't get rain Yesterday but I didn't want or need any , so it worked out pretty good . Some that wanted the rain, seems like they got it.
It def worked out perfectly for this area. 6-7 days of no rain and 80s, then get light to mod rain in an hour that totals a half inch. Absolutely perfect! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:46 am Good Morning and yesterday was interesting as we seldom see that kind of day with showers and thundershowers. We had the leftover boundary from the storm 1 week ago moving west and then another boundary that was to the west. These two got together and did a little dance which in turn provided some nice thundershowers in the afternoon and early evening. You see this all the time in Florida with the two different wind energy's meeting up and forming thunderstorms.

Late tonight like Les mentioned is the next chance but timing is so key. I will still look at the 4am-9am on Monday and hopefully we are still southeast of the front and if so expect a nice round of showers and thundershowers. The problem is the timing is going to be so close and if this moves faster then we may end with very little. I do believe this front though is going to produce some decent storms to the east on Monday over W.Virginia,Maryland and Virginia and areas nearby. Timing for them may end up perfect for a decent outbreak of severe weather.
Hey Tim,

The boundaries got together and did a weather waltz. :)

Currently for Mon there's an Enhanced risk for much of NY to northern VA.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

* Primary threats include...

Scattered damaging wind gusts to 65 mph possible

Isolated large hail events to 1.5 inches in diameter possible
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Eric that is a great map and storms should start to fire in the boxed area over the next few hours. Can these stick around to bring us some showers and thundershowers later tonight. How quickly does the front come through and can it slow down enough where we are still involved with some rainfall in the morning.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I hit 85 today right on the dot! CVG also 85. Line of storms developing over Central IN and ILL. We are watching that for us late this evening / after midnight.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

airwolf76
EF0 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

today is a bad weather day for my area. they have severe thunderstorms listed with gusty winds large hail and possibly tornado's? this is pretty rare . can anyone take a look and tell me what paramitors are in place or why they have such extreme weather in the forecast today . they are saying after 11 am , i will have my camera and phone charged and ready. you never know when you might get lucky and get that once in a lifetime tornado captured on film
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I picked up 0.29" overnight. CVG got 0.25" A pretty day today and Tuesday expected with the 70s. We are still watching Wed and Thurs for storm chances. We crank up the heat Fri. 90 anyone? Then storm chances again this weekend on Sat. Sun looks dry right now..
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page