Re: April 2022 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Re: May 2022 Weather Discussion

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:34 pm So much for not making a thread for this system eh? :lol: The front is coming into the region now. Severe threat is low now. The line from about Dayton on north is still strong looking so it needs to be watched but for everyone else, it is much weaker and more scattered.

We can almost put this system to bed. The front sinks south for a cloudy and cooler day tomorrow in the low to mid 60s. Then the front comes back north as a warm front Thurs. Rain is likely Thurs night, Fri, Fri night and into Sat as the upper low comes right thru the area. I'm not concerned with a severe threat here but with most folks getting 1-2" of rain today, we'll have to see if any localized flooding issues develop with an additional inch possible or more coming with the next multiday event.

Hopefully... a dry and pleasant Mother's Day in the 70s. 80s return early next week
That’s the key - no thread means more action :)

0.99” total here.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all and It looks like the SPC has added a marginal risk for Fri now so we'll have to watch the position of the warm front in the afternoon. Otherwise, wet weather returns Thurs afternoon thru the day on Sat. Ugh...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I think we'll see a summer preview next week with widespread 80s. Could even see mid 80s plus across KY. Locations as close as LOU could get close to 90 degrees. Our upper low on Sat looks to stall off the SE Coast next week so it'll keep a big ridge in place here and a trough with the cooler air over the West. I think the pattern breaks down and we're back to garbage again around mid month, but a break in the storminess and some summertime warmth for a few days is looking more and more likely as time goes on.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

LaNina and the trade winds roll on. The ONI went down to -1.0C for FMA. This is the 3rd time in the last 20 La Ninas that the Feb-Apr ONI is cooler than the Jan-Mar ONI.

Screenshot_20220504-082257_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220504-082740_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thanks Bgoney for the update. I see no changes to what we've already talked about in terms of La Nina. It's effects TBD though since it is a triple dip Nina and we haven't seen too many of those. Still not seeing the MJO coming out of the neutral circle either. We roll on with the same ole, same ole pattern wise. I think the upcoming "heat" for next week is temporary and still going with a below normal temp regime again for the mid month period. If correct, we could see it last into late May as well but not ready to fully commit to that just yet.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Clouds will rule today per the latest visible shot... Going to be hard to see temps get too high past 60 IMO. Low 60s I can see but that's probably going to be it. Some of you will stay in the 50s today esp northern posters.

1kmv.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

tron777 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:53 am Clouds will rule today per the latest visible shot... Going to be hard to see temps get too high past 60 IMO. Low 60s I can see but that's probably going to be it. Some of you will stay in the 50s today esp northern posters.

1kmv.gif
Les, I just wish that the models are wrong for Saturday as I have outdoor plans that afternoon. I hope we at least see some peaks of sun?
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:53 am
tron777 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:53 am Clouds will rule today per the latest visible shot... Going to be hard to see temps get too high past 60 IMO. Low 60s I can see but that's probably going to be it. Some of you will stay in the 50s today esp northern posters.

1kmv.gif
Les, I just wish that the models are wrong for Saturday as I have outdoor plans that afternoon. I hope we at least see some peaks of sun?
I have plans too! Wanted to mushroom hunt one last time before the heat next week comes and the under growth explodes and takes over. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

GFS is still faster then the Euro for the rain exiting on Sat. If the Euro is right we'll see on and off light showers / drizzle for most of Sat. If the GFS is right, we may eek out a dry Sat afternoon. Unfortunately, I'm going slower. Have to. It fits the pattern and overall trends.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

May The Force be With You! May The 4th Be With You! Stars Wars Day or whatever it's called. I believe it started in 1994. :lol: funny stuff! Anyway, good evening folks! A quick post here tonight. Rain and storms still likely Thurs night, Fri, Fri night and a light rain and drizzly showers on Sat. I see no changes on this. Sigh...

We do see an improving Mother's Day with the heat coming next week. Middle 80s and maybe U80s by mid week???? :o Speaking of an early warm spell... Don't forget to enter the 90 degree day contest. May 90 degree days do not count in our contest should one occur. But come June 1st they do. So you've got a few weeks to think about how you think the summer may go. Good luck to all, thanks!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

Pretty bad bust by the guys and gals down at SPC. Yikes lol.
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Yikes Trev, I'd say :lol:

For us... more gloomy skies today with rain coming back by the evening commute. A marginal risk for severe wx is out for everyone Fri afternoon as a warm front pushes in. Then we're on the backside of the low on Sat. Mother's Day is improving then summer hits us next week on into next weekend. Could see 5 days plus in a row in the 80s. :o
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

3km NAM brings up the potential for some flash flood issues later Friday esp in the Cincy metro area and along 71 corridor. Need to watch this scenario.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

It's going to be interesting to see where the warm front stalls Fri afternoon... for severe and hvy rain potential. We should be close to both zones.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Sunshine is close yet so far away... :lol:

1kmv.gif
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Exactly Les, I still have the low clouds at my house.Hopefully at least able to get an hour or two of sunshine before the clouds return this afternoon. So far about 1 1/3 inches of rain since last Saturday. I was calling for 1-2 inches through Mother's Day. My guess is that forecast will more than likely not work as the chances of staying below .67 over the next two days is slim. Good to see the rain though as we get rather toasty next week. No doubt temps will probably be in the mid 80's but the dew points near 70 is my guess so its going to feel like a greenhouse.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:55 am Exactly Les, I still have the low clouds at my house.Hopefully at least able to get an hour or two of sunshine before the clouds return this afternoon. So far about 1 1/3 inches of rain since last Saturday. I was calling for 1-2 inches through Mother's Day. My guess is that forecast will more than likely not work as the chances of staying below .67 over the next two days is slim. Good to see the rain though as we get rather toasty next week. No doubt temps will probably be in the mid 80's but the dew points near 70 is my guess so its going to feel like a greenhouse.
Tim, if the position of the high is over New England that we'd get an Easterly flow off the Apps for lower dews and more comfy air. It depends on where the center of the high is for our wind direction and flow.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

It's trying to brighten up here some now.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:20 am
tpweather wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:55 am Exactly Les, I still have the low clouds at my house.Hopefully at least able to get an hour or two of sunshine before the clouds return this afternoon. So far about 1 1/3 inches of rain since last Saturday. I was calling for 1-2 inches through Mother's Day. My guess is that forecast will more than likely not work as the chances of staying below .67 over the next two days is slim. Good to see the rain though as we get rather toasty next week. No doubt temps will probably be in the mid 80's but the dew points near 70 is my guess so its going to feel like a greenhouse.
Tim, if the position of the high is over New England that we'd get an Easterly flow off the Apps for lower dews and more comfy air. It depends on where the center of the high is for our wind direction and flow.
No doubt Les and where does the system over the next two days stall over the Atlantic. Temperature should be okay but how high will those dew points be locally. If we get a more southerly flow then those dew points will be higher but like you mentioned if the flow off the Apps can stay around a few days then yes dew points more likely in the lower 60's. Either way a taste of summer and though not a big summer lover I will gladly take several summer like days next week.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:44 am
tron777 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:20 am
No doubt Les and where does the system over the next two days stall over the Atlantic. Temperature should be okay but how high will those dew points be locally. If we get a more southerly flow then those dew points will be higher but like you mentioned if the flow off the Apps can stay around a few days then yes dew points more likely in the lower 60's. Either way a taste of summer and though not a big summer lover I will gladly take several summer like days next week.
I'm looking forward to it also to help my new bean seeds to sprout. :lol: Then bring back more normal temps. :lol: I'd say a week of 80s is doable attm though so a decent stretch.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Sargent51
Rain Shower

Post by Sargent51 »

HBD Les!
Morrow/Maineville
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Sargent51 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:20 amHBD Les!
Thank you Sir! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

tron777 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:30 am
Sargent51 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:20 amHBD Les!
Thank you Sir! :)
Oh my...is someone having a birthday? If so, happy birthday Les and thanks for all you do!!
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor