Blue Ash tornado (22 years ago today)

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Blue Ash tornado (22 years ago today)

Post by winterstormjoe »

https://www.weather.gov/iln/19990409_BlueAsh

I remember this day as well as 1974 with the sirens blowing at 5:30 am on that Friday morning. That tornado came over my house in the Cheviot/White Oak area but didn't touch down till it reached Blue Ash.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Blue Ash tornado (22 years ago today)

Post by tron777 »

Paging Trevor...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I thought about Trev today, given that wx anniversary. A tornadic event is terrifying, somber i.e. etc. for any age, but for a young kid, along with his bros and folks, miraculously and physically unscathed, but seeing your home reduced to rubble, the emotional trauma had to be nearly unbearable for quite some time.
Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

Here’s a post I made regarding this on my FB page. I’m the youngster in the middle of the picture. I was in 1st grade at the time, but remember everything like it happened yesterday.

————

April 9, 1999. Twenty-two years ago this day. The odds of getting hit by a tornado for any one person is slim to none, let alone an F4 borderline F5 packing 200 mph winds in the pre-dawn hours in early April. It doesn’t get much more rare than that, folks. But alas it happened due to an unfortunate amount of “perfect” atmospheric ingredients in place over the tri-state on that day. It is a day that forever changed my life. For better or for worse.

Pictured is Jill Cole, Steve Cole, Brandon Cole, Adam Cole, our wonderful Golden, and myself. Wandering down Cornell Road with little expectation of what to do or where to go. But we’re Cole’s and we made it. ❤️
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513