Prayer Requests

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: Prayer Requests

Post by MVWxObserver »

My uncle was moved to a regular patient (private) room on Sat PTL!! :) :thumbupleft:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:40 am My uncle was moved to a regular patient (private) room on Sat PTL!! :) :thumbupleft:
Wonderful news Bro! Love the power of prayer esp when it works! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:31 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:40 am My uncle was moved to a regular patient (private) room on Sat PTL!! :) :thumbupleft:
Wonderful news Bro! Love the power of prayer esp when it works! :lol:
Same here Bro! :thumbupleft:

Hopefully today he can enjoy watching the flakes via his window and prayers for safe travel for my aunt and cousin as they go down to be with him today. :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

If all goes as planned this time around my Uncle Doug was scheduled to be transported from Miami Valley Hospital at 3 o'clock this afternoon and transferred to a room at the Brethren Retirement Community main facility here in Greenville. :thumbupleft:

Prayerfully can go as planned! :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My uncle arrived at the Brethren Ret Community at around 5 PM and is alert, talkative and is also eating again PTL!! :) Awesome to have him back in Greenville!! :thumbupleft:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:00 pm My uncle arrived at the Brethren Ret Community at around 5 PM and is alert, talkative and is also eating again PTL!! :) Awesome to have him back in Greenville!! :thumbupleft:
Awesome Eric! So glad to hear that! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:22 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:00 pm My uncle arrived at the Brethren Ret Community at around 5 PM and is alert, talkative and is also eating again PTL!! :) Awesome to have him back in Greenville!! :thumbupleft:
Awesome Eric! So glad to hear that! :thumbsup:
Thank you Les! :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My Uncle Doug, even though he's back in Greenville at the Brethren Ret Community main bldg facility, and because he had a massive stroke, the poor guy is still in bad shape as one side of his body is weak, also his ability to talk is labored as he's been having speech therapy where he is and he hasn't been able to eat any solid food as the kitchen staff at the BRC has to puree his food. Yesterday afternoon he had an another bad headache and was taken to our local hospital Wayne Health Care for an MRI of his head. He's also still on a catheter. He knows the Lord and many of us, his extended family and friends are praying that God according to His Will will either physically heal my uncle or heal him through heaven.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Eric... so sorry to hear this news. Prayerfully, the Lord will soon do what he feels needs to be done. :hugs:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:49 pm Eric... so sorry to hear this news. Prayerfully, the Lord will soon do what he feels needs to be done. :hugs:
Thank you very much Les. :hugs:

Aunt Donna who is Uncle Doug's wife, texted my Mom on Wed evening and said that the MRI (I mistakenly thought he had a CT scan) revealed that he has a brain tumor. :cry: That could be the cause of why he's had some brain bleeds over the past few months including his most recent in early Jan. Also when my folks visited with him last week they noticed that how he tries to focus visually on something that it appears that he may be blind in one eye. Might be the tumor is pressing against an optic nerve. He turned 78 last Aug 10th.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'm not a Dr. but I agree with that analysis Bro. Hopefully they can find a way to remove it.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:49 am I'm not a Dr. but I agree with that analysis Bro. Hopefully they can find a way to remove it.
Hi Les,

He's opted to not have it removed or have any chemo or radiation treatments either and is in hospice comfort care at the Brethren Ret Community. He and his wife, my Aunt Donna, are trying to maintain a good spirit with the Lord's help through it all. Yesterday afternoon they had a nice visit with a Greenville H.S. student friend named Christian whom he and his parents know Uncle Doug and Aunt Donna as they've hired him over the past several months for yard work and other jobs on their rural Greenville property. Christian's visit lifted their spirits as my uncle when he converses, he reminisces about his childhood and also talks about some things present day, too. :)

This morning my aunt and uncle went via a BRC shuttle vehicle to our local Wayne Health Care hospital for Uncle Doug to have a swallowing test and we learned from my aunt that as of today that he's now able to have soft solid foods. :)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

That's some good news Eric. I'm glad he is able to eat solid foods at this time. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My Uncle Doug who is being cared for at the Brethren Retirement Community (BRC) main facility here in Greenville is now in hospice comfort care as of yesterday (Fri). His hospice rep will come 2 to 3 times a week. Some of his medications have been reduced and he has started resting and sleeping better now as a result of that and he's not eating because his throat mechanism isn't working anymore. His and Aunt Donna's middle daughter Cherie and her husband Gary came up yesterday from their home in VA Beach to be with him, their Mom and with Cherie's oldest sister Cynnema. This afternoon, Aunt Donna texted my Mom and said that Uncle Doug is gradually shutting down and that it probably won't be long before he is called Home on his Highway to Heaven. :cry: :cyanangel:

UPDATE: Uncle Doug was taken to our local Wayne Health Care Hospital last (Sun) night because he's not able to swallow anymore and he's receiving an IV drip for any nutrition now.

He and Aunt Donna's youngest daughter Shannon is flying today from her home in Geneva, Switzerland to be with them and her flight is due in at KDAY sometime this evening. Cherie and Gary will be heading back home on Tues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

So sorry to hear that Bro. Praying that your Uncle Doug is at peace.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:07 pm So sorry to hear that Bro. Praying that your Uncle Doug is at peace.
Thank you very much Les. :thumbsup:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My Uncle Doug was called Home at 1:45 PM this afternoon and is now with the Lord. :cyanangel: :cry:

Prayers and thoughts with my Aunt Donna and cousins Cynnema, Cherie, Shannon and their families. :grouphug:

Also survived by his brother Don, sil Barbara, sister Sharon, bil Tom, and sil Kay and several nephews and nieces. His parents Ralph and Loetta and a brother Duane "Bud" preceded him in passing.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Prayers to you and your family Eric! :grouphug:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:50 pm My Uncle Doug was called Home at 1:45 PM this afternoon and is now with the Lord. :cry:

Prayers and thoughts with my Aunt Donna and cousins Cynnema, Cherie, Shannon and their families. :grouphug:
So sorry to hear that Eric. My guess he was a wonderful man and if anything like you then he was.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Thank you very much Les and Tim.

Hi Tim, Uncle Doug had farmed part of his life and then later he was a semi tractor trailer driver. Like us guys he was also a weather observer and in re to his agriculture and also during his hours on the road hauling freight. :) He was a longtime fan of Nascar racing and his favorite driver was the great (late) Dale Earnhardt Sr. 8-) He also loved the Bengals and Redlegs. 8-) He and Aunt Donna for several years also had a pony named Patrick which my cousins, their daughters took rides on, and my sister and I did occasionally ride him, too. :)

One of his favorite desserts was rhubarb pie with ice cream e.g. :) I have a whole lot of special memories about him! :thumbupleft:

I remember times, too, like when my sister Retha and I spent a day at LeSourdsville Lake amusement park (later Americana amusement park) which is on Route 4 just north of Hamilton, with he, Aunt Donna and the girls. 8-) Also one time our families rented neighboring cabins at Hueston Woods State Park near Oxford and went to the beach at Acton Lake and swam, played games in the arcade at the Hueston Woods Lodge and swam in the pool there e.g. 8-)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Wxlrnr
Heavy Rain

Post by Wxlrnr »

Eric, so sorry for your uncle's passing. Brain tumors are hard to understand. My prayers for you and your family.
Hyde Park, Cincinnati.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Wxlrnr wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:13 pm Eric, so sorry for your uncle's passing. Brain tumors are hard to understand. My prayers for you and your family.
Thank you very much Linn.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

A head pastor of Christ Baptist Church in Raleigh, NC, Rev Charlie Colgan is in a Raleigh hospital with a brain bleed. :cry: My folks and I worshiped at Christ Baptist Church for a while before the Lord called us back to Ohio. Pastor Charlie is that church's newest pastor and so prayers and thoughts with him, his wife Wendy, their children, Sarah, Paris, Fletcher, Noah, and Tommy, and their congregation. :grouphug:

Pastor Charlie suffered a hemorrhagic stroke. :cry: The brain bleed is close to his brain stem, so surgery is not an option. The next 24 hours are critical for both short term and long-term consequences. Here are the prayer requests we are asking God for: 1) Healing for the brain bleed. 2) Pastor Charlie's blood pressure to remain stable to lower the chance of further bleedings. 3) Reduced pressure on Pastor Charlie's brain stem. 4) Every 4 hours, the medical staff will reduce Pastor Charlie's sedation to see how he responds. Pray that he responds well, as this is an indication of how much damage there has been. 5) Strength and peace for Wendy, their children, and the rest of the family. 6) Safe flight for Sarah, Fletcher, and Paris from Ohio to RDU. They are due to arrive 2 PM today. 7) Ultimately, pray that God would preserve Pastor Charlie's life and bring complete healing to him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Pastor Charlie Colgan was called Home into the loving arms of Jesus on Easter Sunday afternoon. His family was by his side and many of those who loved him. :grouphug:

Romans 14:8 says "If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord." Today, Pastor Charlie not only belongs to the Lord, he is WITH the Lord. Amen!

This is a shock for all of us. But one thing we are encouraged by is that Pastor Charlie preached the Word until the Lord called him Home, even through challenging times and persecution. The fruit of his Christian leadership in his home is evident as we see how Wendy and their children Sarah, Paris, Fletcher, Tommy, and Noah continue to minister to us through their example of grace and faith.
:grouphug:

Pastor Charlie would want us to consider a point to ponder, 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 - Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.

The point to ponder is how we can lean on Christ and look to Him for comfort in this difficult time.🙏🙏💪👍

https://christbaptist.org/GetImage.ashx ... 71dc34ca28
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.