Prayer Requests

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: Prayer Requests

Post by MVWxObserver »

snowbo wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:41 pmPrayers to all!!!
Thank you very much, Bo! :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:40 am
tron777 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:13 pm Prayers from me as always too Eric! My Dad is on dialysis so we know all about kidney issues around here! Prayerfully, this is something that you will never, ever have to go thru.
Thank you very much, Les! :)

God bless your Dad with his dialysis sessions! :thumbsup:

My new nephrologist here in Greenville whom I got established with in early Nov of this year after having seen another one in the Galbraith Rd area of Cincy, said that usually one's kidneys, if they are about at 50% functionality or lower of course then that's time to consider dialysis. Thankfully mine are at 60% and so I have to be careful like re aspirin e.g. and refrain from Aleve etc. But Tylenol is safe if taken in a reduced dosage if needed.
Thank you Bro! I really appreciate it. :thumbsup: Tylenol kills your liver and ibuprofen kills your kidneys. It's like UGH... you can't win sometimes! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Yesterday my folks and I's family practitioner called with a referral for a Rheumatologist for Mom in Lima, OH for her Polymyalgia Rheumatica (akin to arthritis in the muscles) which truly is a Godsend answer to prayer! :thumbupright: So prayerfully we should know an appt date with Dr. Vivian Hobayan by sometime next week for 2023. ;) She is taking some old Prednisone that my Dad has given her from him having had gout for her to have some relief.

I feel truly blessed also for my new Hepatologist Dr. Kenneth Sherman who is with U.C. Health whom I got established with this past Wed! :thumbupleft:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:11 pm Yesterday my folks and I's family practitioner called with a referral for a Rheumatologist for Mom in Lima, OH for her Polymyalgia Rheumatica (akin to arthritis in the muscles) which truly is a Godsend answer to prayer! :thumbupright: So prayerfully we should know an appt date with Dr. Vivian Hobayan by sometime next week for 2023. ;)

I feel truly blessed also for my new Hepatologist Dr. Kenneth Sherman who is with U.C. Health whom I got established with this past Wed! :thumbupleft:
UC has some good Dr's. My Dad sees a few of them too for his various issues. :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:13 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:11 pm Yesterday my folks and I's family practitioner called with a referral for a Rheumatologist for Mom in Lima, OH for her Polymyalgia Rheumatica (akin to arthritis in the muscles) which truly is a Godsend answer to prayer! :thumbupright: So prayerfully we should know an appt date with Dr. Vivian Hobayan by sometime next week for 2023. ;)

UC has some good Dr's. My Dad sees a few of them too for his various issues. :thumbsup:
:)

I had my tonsils out at The Christ Hospital in Nov 1972 and my Dad got a degree in Special Ed from U.C. in the early 1970s. :)

My room had a beautiful view of the Cincy skyline and even of the Ohio River and I wore some Bengals PJ's. :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My sister Retha's mil Shirlene caught the latest Covid variant this past week and has had a high fever, head congestion and some nausea / vomiting. They live in the northwest NC city of Mt Airy which is the native home of actor Andy Griffith and the city is the model community for Mayberry and Pilot Mountain near there is the model for Mt Pilot. Prayerfully Shirlene will have a speedy recovery and that Retha and my niece, her daughter Janae won't get it as she lives with them, too. This is Shirlene's 1st time to get Covid. :( Shirlene was also diagnosed with Alzheimer's a while back. :( Thankfully the Covid hasn't gotten into her lungs. Her doctor recommended for her (Shirlene) to do some walking at times to keep the virus from entering her bronchial system. :thumbupright:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My sister Retha texted my Mom this evening and said that a friend of her and her mil urged my sister to get tested for Covid since she is her mil Shirlene's prime caretaker. Yesterday (Sat) Retha came down with Covid, too, as she has a sore throat, body aches, fever and a cough. Anyway she has officially tested positive after having gone to an Urgent Care today. :( They are taking meds like Dayquil and Nyquil for relief.

My niece Janae who resides with her mother and grandmother is heading back home to Mt Airy from Roanoke Rapids this evening. Prayers for a veil of protection for her from Covid. She is a psychologist at Easter Seals and works with clients there in Mt Airy. Her boss told her to wear a mask and to social distance while at work there in her ES office.

***********************************************************************************************************

BLASTED CHINA FOR EVER HAVING UNLEASHED THAT VIRUS AND ITS VARIANT STRAINS INTO THE WORLD!! :fireface: :tappingfoot:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

RSV is making a big come back too! Usually you only see it with children but adults are now getting it too. A friend of our family tested positive for RSV a few days ago. So we've got COVID, the normal flu, and RSV floating around this winter. How's that for a trifecta? :(
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:31 pm RSV is making a big come back too! Usually you only see it with children but adults are now getting it too. A friend of our family tested positive for RSV a few days ago. So we've got COVID, the normal flu, and RSV floating around this winter. How's that for a trifecta? :(
Prayers and thoughts with your family friend, too, Bro! :thumbsup:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:48 pm
tron777 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:31 pm RSV is making a big come back too! Usually you only see it with children but adults are now getting it too. A friend of our family tested positive for RSV a few days ago. So we've got COVID, the normal flu, and RSV floating around this winter. How's that for a trifecta? :(
Thanks Bro! Same with your family / friends too! Hopefully, we can all maintain our health this winter.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Also my folks and I have some friends from our church named Art and Joanne. This past Mon Art had a heart attack at his home and so tomorrow (Mon) he and Joanne will see a cardiologist surgeon to set up a date for a heart bypass for him. On top of that Art's side of the family has a history of blood clots, so that's an added concern for his upcoming surgery.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:52 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:48 pm
Thanks Bro! Same with your family / friends too! Hopefully, we can all maintain our health this winter.
Yes indeed and thank you very much, too, Bro!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I received a Christmas card and letter today from a friend of mine named Lela whom I've known since our days in Roanoke Rapids, NC. She has been supervising a group home in Greensboro, NC for the past few years. She thanked me for my Christmas card and letter and for how much it touched by my relating of my liver situation to her. Lela and her family have been going through some challenges, too, this year. She lost her son-in-law Anthony who was only 36 yrs old to suicide in early March after a long courageous battle with mental illness. :cry: Her only daughter named Mary is left with being a widow and between the 2 of them they have 2 sons Seth, 12 and Ethan, 11. Lela has 3 sons and her youngest one Fred is a military veteran and a Wounded Warrior. :waveusa: :waveusa: Among his health issues are PTSD and a TBI. :cry:

Mary, her 2 sons, and Fred are residing with their mother and grandmother Lela. Seth and Ethan look up to their Uncle Fred as a surrogate father figure. Please keep Lela and her beautiful family in your prayers and thoughts. :thumbsup:

Mary and Fred also have 2 older brothers who are twins, Aaron and Charlie and they and their families live elsewhere.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Prayers to all of our AV Members, their families / friends and our Vets for good health not only now, but in 2023 too! Amen. :grouphug:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:57 pm Prayers to all of our AV Members, their families / friends and our Vets for good health not only now, but in 2023 too! Amen. :grouphug:
Yes indeed and thank you very much Bro! :grouphug:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Prayers that the House vote will go well for the GOP today despite bickering amongst Andy Biggs (AZ), Matt Gaetz (FL), Ralph Norman (SC), Matt Rosendale (MT) and Bob Good (VA) who are being whiny holdouts re the next Speaker and the 118th House agenda.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My Uncle Doug from here in Greenville is in serious condition at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton with a brain bleed. His doctor calls it a stroke but thankfully he isn't paralyzed. His wife, my Aunt Donna and their oldest daughter Cynnema (pronounced like cinema) are with him. They also have 2 other daughters, Cherie and her family in VA Beach, VA and Shannon and her family in Geneva, Switzerland. According to the latest text from my Aunt Donna it said that Uncle Doug is conscious and is comfortable and that he has a favorite nurse. They all know the Lord and will appreciate prayers for comfort, grace and strength.

UPDATE: Uncle Doug had been in the ER dept from about late morning upon his admittance Tues to around 2 o'clock or 2:30 this morning (Wed) when an ICU room became finally available for him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'm so sorry Eric! Prayers that your Uncle and for the entire family my friend!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:35 am I'm so sorry Eric! Prayers that your Uncle and for the entire family my friend!
Thank you very much Les! :thumbsup:

We hope to sometime today find out how his night went.
snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

Prayers for your family. Tough times so rely on your faith Eric!
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

snowbo wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:04 am Prayers for your family. Tough times so rely on your faith Eric!
Thank you very much Bo! :thumbsup:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Miraculous healing has started taking place in my Uncle Doug as this morning the bleeding stopped and he's alert and talking!! :thumbupleft: He will be in the ICU another 2 days and then transferred to a regular patient room for 2 or 3 days for some more observation then after that to a nursing facility for 3 weeks as he does physical therapy e.g. etc!! :)

THANK YOU JESUS!! :clappingyellow:

My folks and have been praying and we also said a special prayer for him, Aunt Donna and their girls this morning. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We are helping here too on AV, aren't we? :lol: All kidding aside... wonderful news Bro! So glad to hear it. :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:05 pm We are helping here too on AV, aren't we? :lol: All kidding aside... wonderful news Bro! So glad to hear it. :thumbsup:
Yes siree Bro, your and Bo's etc prayers also! :thumbupleft: You're quite welcome! :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My Uncle Doug has been in the MVH ICU for 9 or 10 days so far. He was sitting up and enjoying a meal this past Wed 1/17 and talking with his nurses etc. A lot of people including my folks and myself were hoping he'd be able to be transferred back to Greenville to a room at the Brethren Retirement Community (BRC) yesterday (Thurs) BUT staff at MVH have had a problem with trying to stabilize his BP and his heart rhythm as his BP is way low and his cardiac rate is way high. He also has bad headaches and probably from a vessel which miraculously stopped bleeding a few days ago but don't know if its from pressure building in that vessel from more blood circulating. My folks and my Mom's older sister, my Aunt Carol were with Aunt Donna and Uncle Doug yesterday during the afternoon hours into early evening. ICUs nowadays have paid sitters to help watch patients vitals e.g. and Uncle Doug has a favorite day sitter named Natalie. He also drank a bowl of tomato soup yesterday which is some good news.

Thankfully his BP and heart beat rates are some improved from yesterday. Pain meds that he's on cause him to understandably be out of it at times but thankfully he hasn't been as agitated as yesterday. He's got a UTI and subsequent fever due to the catheterizing over the past days. Since then his catheter has been removed. He, thankfully, was more alert this morning. Also he's on an oxygen line again because he's been having some wheezing in his lungs. Yet after a chest x-ray today the film showed his lungs to be clear.