Prayer Requests

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Prayer Requests

Post by MVWxObserver »

My pastor named Jeff here in Greenville recently bought a motorcycle. On March 9th he took his 2nd ride on it and wiped out, making contact with some gravel. He sustained a broken left hand, some broken ribs, a sprained right hand, sprained right ankle, and a skinned up knee. Its a miracle in many ways, thankfully, that he wasn't seriously injured (head, neck, or spine involved i.e.) and that he was able to drive home on the cycle before going to the hospital. His crash bar is bent, mirror broken off and some scratches on the motorcycle framework but at least is still driveable.

Please keep him and his wife Colleen in your prayers as he recovers and for Colleen as she ministers to his needs.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Prayer Requests

Post by tron777 »

Prayers granted! :yellowangel: :greenangel: :flyingangel: :littleangel: :pinkangel:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Thank you, Les! :)
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Prayers bro!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Thank you, Mike! :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I have a second cousin on my Mom's side of the family named Ruth Ann, whom she and her husband Tom reside in Jeffersonville, IN which is across the river from Louisville, KY. In 2013 Tom had chemo treatment for colon cancer and it subsequently went into remission. Recently his colon cancer has returned. :cry: He will be having a 12-hour surgery to remove the cancer and much of his colon on Tues April 6th.

Please keep Tom, Ruth Ann, their kids Brent, Kyle and Kara and their families in your prayers.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

An update on my pastor Jeff. He is back to preaching again so that is great news! :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Awesome!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:38 am An update on my pastor Jeff. He is back to preaching again so that is great news! :)
Awesome bro! :thumbupright:
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Please remember a friend of my folks and myself from our Wake Forest / Raleigh days. His name is Jack and his wife Elaine had a series of minor strokes over the past several months. Yesterday morning Elaine had a massive stroke while at home and Jack could tell right away what the cause was after she had collapsed to the floor. She had a nose bleed, was incoherent i.e. etc. Last night, mercifully, the Lord called Elaine Home, as she has been healed through Heaven. Please be in prayer for Jack, and also for his and Elaine's children and grandchildren. We attended a church in Wake Forest with Jack and Elaine for a period of years.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Prayers with all the innocent citizens of Afghanistan and for their safety from the rapidly rebounding evil POS Taliban!! :cry:

Another yet colossal catastrophe of Brainless Byedone and Hyena Harris!! :evil: :fireface:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I have a friend from church and my SS class named Wendell who has been passing some blood in his stools and he will be having a colonoscopy tomorrow (Tues) morning at Reid Hospital in Richmond, IN.

He is in his 80s and is a Navy veteran. :usa: :waveusa:

His wife Linda passed away on July 25th of this year after a courageous battle with cancer. :cry:

They have 2 daughters, 1 elsewhere in OH and 1 in NC, also a son in TX.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Wendell's colonoscopy procedure itself went well. :) Haven't heard the result of it OR the endoscopy result that he had at the same time.

Now this is a 1st time I've ever heard of this occurring for a patient having an endoscopy is when one has false teeth, a partial plate, bridge plate i.e. Wendell has had a bridge plate for 67 years and due to the maneuvering of the tube probe for his endoscopy and ultimate removal of the device at the end of the procedure, somehow the doctor tech broke some of the teeth off of the bridge plate!! He had awakened after it was over in some pain and that damage done to his bridge plate is why he felt discomfort. :o :(

Wonder how many times during endoscopies, that other patients who have dental appliances, have been in dilemmas like that.

My Dad is staying with Wendell for 24 hours at his house, as that is the hospital's instructions for someone who is a senior citizen post-procedure patient in their 80s. :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Hi Les and others,

I've been having some trouble with my right eye of late and am going to see my optometrist this morning. From my own novice perspective I suspect a detached retina because some of the symptoms occurring are consistent with that aforementioned.

Depending on what happens today after that, I may not be back online for a while.

Thank you for your prayers,

Eric
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:09 am Hi Les and others,

I've been having some trouble with my right eye of late and am going to see my optometrist this morning. From my own novice perspective I suspect a detached retina because some of the symptoms occurring are consistent with that aforementioned.

Depending on what happens today after that, I may not be back online for a while.

Eric
Eric.... I am unfortunately an expert on this sort of thing. I have had numerous eye surgeries over the years and a lot of it was for a detached retina. My issues all stem from being born so premature. My lungs weren't fully developed yet so extra oxygen was needed so it messed up my eyes. But it's either that or death, right? So anyway... I have been blind in my right eye since the 9th grade. It takes a while to compensate and learn how to function in daily life but it can be done. I am living proof! I still drive and everything. The biggest thing is that it messes with your depth perception. That is the biggest thing for me still to this day. But I've learned to live with it for a long time now.

I pray for you Bro that God can assist the doctors with fixing your right eye so you don't have to go through everything that I have. With the technology today, if it is just partially torn they can fix it with laser surgery and you're as good as new. It just depends on how much the retina has been detached. Please keep me posted on this. Either in this thread or over private messaging.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Eric
Will def be in my prayers, Eric! I hope all goes well and they can figure out what is wrong with your eye.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:22 am Eric.... I am unfortunately an expert on this sort of thing. I have had numerous eye surgeries over the years and a lot of it was for a detached retina. My issues all stem from being born so premature. My lungs weren't fully developed yet so extra oxygen was needed so it messed up my eyes. But it's either that or death, right? So anyway... I have been blind in my right eye since the 9th grade. It takes a while to compensate and learn how to function in daily life but it can be done. I am living proof! I still drive and everything. The biggest thing is that it messes with your depth perception. That is the biggest thing for me still to this day. But I've learned to live with it for a long time now.

I pray for you Bro that God can assist the doctors with fixing your right eye so you don't have to go through everything that I have. With the technology today, if it is just partially torn they can fix it with laser surgery and you're as good as new. It just depends on how much the retina has been detached. Please keep me posted on this. Either in this thread or over private messaging.
Wow I didn't know that Les! I commend you for the outstanding work you do in analyzing these (sometimes hard to read with two eyes) weather maps and charts. :thumbupright:
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Back from the optometrist and some good news in that there is no retinal detachment PTL! :)

I do have a floater with the right eye and a slight flash of light, noticeably the slight flash is more visible in a darkened room i.e. But thankfully so far no ASAP case re any retinal detachment, but just will self-monitor daily and will let my optometrist know if any floaters become a lot more pronounced so to say.

Will be seeing the doc again for a followup in 4 to 6 weeks.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:22 am

Eric
Eric.... I am unfortunately an expert on this sort of thing. I have had numerous eye surgeries over the years and a lot of it was for a detached retina. My issues all stem from being born so premature. My lungs weren't fully developed yet so extra oxygen was needed so it messed up my eyes. But it's either that or death, right? So anyway... I have been blind in my right eye since the 9th grade. It takes a while to compensate and learn how to function in daily life but it can be done. I am living proof! I still drive and everything. The biggest thing is that it messes with your depth perception. That is the biggest thing for me still to this day. But I've learned to live with it for a long time now.

Les,

You're truly inspirational, brother! :thumbsup:

My dad had a detached retina repaired a few years ago at the Richmond, IN Whitewater Eye satellite bldg and is doing well. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:59 am
tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:22 am Eric.... I am unfortunately an expert on this sort of thing. I have had numerous eye surgeries over the years and a lot of it was for a detached retina. My issues all stem from being born so premature. My lungs weren't fully developed yet so extra oxygen was needed so it messed up my eyes. But it's either that or death, right? So anyway... I have been blind in my right eye since the 9th grade. It takes a while to compensate and learn how to function in daily life but it can be done. I am living proof! I still drive and everything. The biggest thing is that it messes with your depth perception. That is the biggest thing for me still to this day. But I've learned to live with it for a long time now.

Wow I didn't know that Les! I commend you for the outstanding work you do in analyzing these (sometimes hard to read with two eyes) weather maps and charts. :thumbupright:
Thanks Mike! It's not something I go around telling everyone you know. :lol: But I trust you all since we've all known each other for all these years. We're practically like family. :) But yeah, when you see my posts (like yesterday) when I am eye balling something on a weather map, I truly am! not a figure of speech. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:35 am Back from the optometrist and some good news in that there is no retinal detachment PTL! :)

I do have a floater with the right eye and a slight flash of light, noticeably the slight flash is more visible in a darkened room i.e. But thankfully so far no ASAP case re any retinal detachment, but just will self-monitor daily and will let my optometrist know if any floaters become a lot more pronounced so to say.

Will be seeing the doc again for a followup in 4 to 6 weeks.
AWESOME NEWS!!!! Yes I have floaters in my left eye too, have for decades now. Again, you'll get used to it and you won't even notice it occurring after a while.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:41 am
tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:22 am

Eric

Les,

You're truly inspirational, brother! :thumbsup:

My dad had a detached retina repaired a few years ago at the Richmond, IN Whitewater Eye satellite bldg and is doing well. :)
Thank you Bro! :thumbsup: Great news also for your Dad! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My dad has 2 sisters and his youngest one, my Aunt Neva who resides in Anderson, IN will be having a knee redone tomorrow (Wed) morning at 7 o'clock at a hospital in Indianapolis. The middle kid, my Aunt Velma, is driving down to Anderson today from her house in Michigan to stay with her for a period of days while she recovers and has rehab therapy. Dad will be leaving at 1 AM to go to Anderson and then will take his sisters to the hospital and he, himself, will be at the hospital for the day tomorrow. Aunt Neva has to be at the hospital at 5 AM to start the pre-op process as her surgeon has her 1st on the schedule since her knee redo job will be complex.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

As always Bro... Prayers for your Dad's Sisters and for your family! May the Lord bless the surgeons and give them the steady hands that are needed to make things right!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:30 pm As always Bro... Prayers for your Dad's Sisters and for your family! May the Lord bless the surgeons and give them the steady hands that are needed to make things right!
Thank you, Les! :)