World news: Anything popular , amazing, or just plain stupid

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: World news: Anything popular , amazing, or just plain stupid

Post by MVWxObserver »

So yesterday Speaker McCarthy and our side of the aisle, rightfully, kicked Ilhan Omar off the Foreign Affairs Committee! :thumbupleft:

Then the popcorn came out as All Out Crazy, Rashida Tlaib and Eric "China Hugger" Swalwell went loco! :argument: :lol:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

How about that Chinese spy balloon? Since the govt isn't doing anything, you know China has Biden in their back pockets. Truly sad...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:37 pm How about that Chinese spy balloon? Since the govt isn't doing anything, you know China has Biden in their back pockets. Truly sad...
Totally agree Bro. :(

https://absolutevorticity.com/viewtopic ... &start=475
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thanks Eric! I didn't know that you guys were already talking about it. Just heard that there is another one over South America and another (although unconfirmed) potentially over Canada. This is very serious yet our Govt does nothing. Not good...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Who knows what the chicoms are up to. JC, first they manufacture a dead)y virus that the whole world has to deal with , are they releasing something new?? Don't laugh. Is this a trial run for something? Surely not the first time they've done it. Can you imagine how the press would be treating this if Trump was prez?
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:37 pm Who knows what the chicoms are up to. JC, first they manufacture a dead)y virus that the whole world has to deal with , are they releasing something new?? Don't laugh. Is this a trial run for something? Surely not the first time they've done it. Can you imagine how the press would be treating this if Trump was prez?
I completely agree. If Trump was President he would have shot it down immediately! Any country would. If we sent a spy balloon over there, China would of course shoot it down. I think they are testing how far they can go. How much can they get away with? A lot apparently. You would have thought with COVID that would have been enough to piss off most of the world, but it didn't. And now this? I just can't understand why so many people are scared of China. We know with the Dems and Biden that the Chinese have them in their back pockets. The Republicans need to grow some balls. A lot of the American people need to do the same. China wants to take over the world and the US are the only ones standing in their way that have enough resources to challenge them and put up a fight. Our lack of leadership in this country is downright sickening!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:01 pm Thanks Eric! I didn't know that you guys were already talking about it. Just heard that there is another one over South America and another (although unconfirmed) potentially over Canada. This is very serious yet our Govt does nothing. Not good...
You're quite welcome Bro and no problem. :)

Saw a few minutes ago on Fox News where the balloon was over Charlotte and then Myrtle Beach.

It should be intercepted over the Atlantic Ocean!! In fact should have been intercepted over a remote part of Alaska!

Too little too late as the damage has already been done with gathering of our intelligence via that balloon having been allowed to traverse the country and violating international law!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:56 am
Bgoney wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:37 pm Who knows what the chicoms are up to. JC, first they manufacture a dead)y virus that the whole world has to deal with , are they releasing something new?? Don't laugh. Is this a trial run for something? Surely not the first time they've done it. Can you imagine how the press would be treating this if Trump was prez?
I completely agree. If Trump was President he would have shot it down immediately! Any country would. If we sent a spy balloon over there, China would of course shoot it down. I think they are testing how far they can go. How much can they get away with? A lot apparently. You would have thought with COVID that would have been enough to piss off most of the world, but it didn't. And now this? I just can't understand why so many people are scared of China. We know with the Dems and Biden that the Chinese have them in their back pockets. The Republicans need to grow some balls. A lot of the American people need to do the same. China wants to take over the world and the US are the only ones standing in their way that have enough resources to challenge them and put up a fight. Our lack of leadership in this country is downright sickening!
AMEN Bro!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Balloon finally shot down offshore of Surfside Beach, SC!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Doug (dce) and I were having a PM talk about the balloon earlier this afternoon and here's an interesting assessment from him, too.

You got that right! China would never have attempted this if Trump was in office. In my humble opinion Eric, this has been mislabeled as a Chinese spy balloon. Maybe mislabeled intentionally by the government and media. I believe it is a "dry run", if you will, for an EMP device. I heard someone discussing this possibility and I think I agree. It was flying at the same altitude an EMP would need to detonate to be effective. China already has satellites that spy on us. They wouldn't need to use a balloon. The spy satellites that China and the US use are already very advanced and can see small details on the surface of the Earth. Just my opinion though. I think the US government was afraid to touch the device in case it wasn't just a dry run as to detonate the device over the continental US. I pray for the protection of God over our country. In my opinion, this should be considered an act of war.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I saw a chronological outline map this morning on Fox News where that balloon was near the Aleutian Islands and Alaska as early as Jan 28th!! There is NO way in heck that Joe and the Pentagon didn't know it was there but refused to do a blasted thing about it because Joe and Xi Jinping are bosom buddies and because Joe, his son Hunter and other members of their crime family have China in their pockets!!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Will be something tomorrow night how Joe will try to inflate everything and only digging himself further into a pit.

I wish the GOP were stronger and more tightly knit and everyone on our side of the aisle would just remain seated and not clap their hands during his ramblings. That would be a way to show the old buzzard how we feel about what he and his party are doing to OUR country!

Looking forward to new Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders' response afterward. :waveusa: :thumbupleft:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

A second balloon, about the size of a small car and at 40,000 feet, was shot down over the Arctic Ocean off of northeast Alaska about 2 hours ago. Watched a briefing via John Kirby in the past half hour and no word yet about what country where the balloon originated from or what kind of balloon it is.

Beijing Byedone has sadly said, not surprisingly, that the 1st balloon that was shot down offshore of SC was "no big deal". :tappingfoot:

The payload has been recovered from the first balloon but there's still some remaining material in the Atlantic that dive crews won't be able to check out until at least Mon due to turbulent waters.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:09 pm A second balloon, about the size of a small car and at 40,000 feet, was shot down over the Arctic Ocean off of northeast Alaska about 2 hours ago. Watched a briefing via John Kirby in the past half hour and no word yet about what country where the balloon originated from or what kind of balloon it is.

Beijing Byedone has sadly said, not surprisingly, that the 1st balloon that was shot down offshore of SC was "no big deal". :tappingfoot:

The payload has been recovered from the first balloon but there's still some remaining material in the Atlantic that dive crews won't be able to check out until at least Mon due to turbulent waters.
I don't know if it's been confirmed it was a balloon? I know they have reported it was a danger to aviation traffic so that would put it below 40000 ft. Maybe a drone? IDK
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bgoney wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:30 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:09 pm A second balloon, about the size of a small car and at 40,000 feet, was shot down over the Arctic Ocean off of northeast Alaska about 2 hours ago. Watched a briefing via John Kirby in the past half hour and no word yet about what country where the balloon originated from or what kind of balloon it is.

I don't know if it's been confirmed it was a balloon? I know they have reported it was a danger to aviation traffic so that would put it below 40000 ft. Maybe a drone? IDK
Thank you bro. Looking back I do recall the headline at the bottom of the Fox News screen saying an object but no specifics. So below 40,000 feet. Will be interesting to see / hear over the coming hours / days whether it is a balloon or drone.

UPDATE: I saw this morning (Sat) on Fox News where the object was at 40,000 feet.

The common cruising altitude for most commercial airplanes is between 33,000 and 42,000 feet, or between about six and nearly eight miles above sea level. Typically, aircraft fly around 35,000 or 36,000 feet in the air.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/nora ... 2JMPWUX7I/

This time over northern Canada.

After a while ...hmmm... sure does leave one wondering if WW3 is around the corner at some point ...?
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:26 pm https://www.whio.com/news/trending/nora ... 2JMPWUX7I/

After a while ...hmmm... sure does leave one wondering if WW3 is around the corner at some point ...?
This go around I don't think it was China. Russia perhaps? The entire world knows that we are weak as our leadership clearly shows. WW3 IMO is already happening. Maybe not militarily yet, but economically and politically it has.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:36 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:26 pm https://www.whio.com/news/trending/nora ... 2JMPWUX7I/

This go around I don't think it was China. Russia perhaps? The entire world knows that we are weak as our leadership clearly shows. WW3 IMO is already happening. Maybe not militarily yet, but economically and politically it has.
Hey Les,

Just saw where yet another object has been brought down, this time over Lake Huron! 3rd consecutive day that one has been intercepted over NA.

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/high ... N3LGWUJ2I/
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:56 pm

Hey Les,

Just saw where yet another object has been brought down, this time over Lake Huron! 3rd consecutive day that one has been intercepted over NA.

Wasn't there a 4th one also? This is getting crazy!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:25 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:56 pm

Hey Les,

Wasn't there a 4th one also? This is getting crazy!
Yes I forgot about that one. My Mom said she heard about that last night while watching Fox News.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Just watched that YouTube video that you posted Bgoney and Wow! The side effects from that controlled burn aren't going to be good. I've already heard of some people reporting issues and the EPA found three additional chemicals.

https://www.wfmj.com/story/48371423/add ... derailment

This is not good as the chemicals are still present in the air and water in that area as well. Just hope that it doesn't find its way into the OH river watershed.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2 ... 898564007/
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:34 pm Just watched that YouTube video that you posted Bgoney and Wow! The side effects from that controlled burn aren't going to be good. I've already heard of some people reporting issues and the EPA found three additional chemicals.

This is not good as the chemicals are still present in the air and water in that area as well. Just hope that it doesn't find its way into the OH river watershed.

The more I read about that chemical, let's just say those people nearby are screwed. This is the worst man-made disaster in decades . This will have far reaching effects as time goes by.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:21 pm
tron777 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:34 pm Just watched that YouTube video that you posted Bgoney and Wow! The side effects from that controlled burn aren't going to be good. I've already heard of some people reporting issues and the EPA found three additional chemicals.

The more I read about that chemical, let's just say those people nearby are screwed. This is the worst man-made disaster in decades . This will have far reaching effects as time goes by.
I totally agree. Norfolk Southern has a lot of explaining to do and I really hope that they are punished severely for this.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:07 pm
Bgoney wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:21 pm

I totally agree. Norfolk Southern has a lot of explaining to do and I really hope that they are punished severely for this.
Same here Bro

The East Palestine disaster the worst since probably the Love Canal situation from the 1970s. And also Pacific Gas and Electric Co's groundwater contamination from chromium in 1993 which Erin Brockovich investigated along with attorney Ed Masry in Hinkley, CA. Also during April 25, 2014–October 15, 2015, approximately 99,000 residents of the City of Flint, MI, were exposed to lead when the drinking water source was switched from the Detroit Water Authority to the Flint Water System (FWS).
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.