World news: Anything popular , amazing, or just plain stupid

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

World news: Anything popular , amazing, or just plain stupid

Post by Bgoney »

How bout those revelations from the cast-off royals . My first reaction is boo-hoo, and instead of naming the person who "brought up " the unmentionable, allegedly, she throws everyone under the double -decker.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: World news: Anything popular , amazing, or just plain stupid

Post by tron777 »

This thread ought to be hopping! Where should I begin positing? I mean you've got the Darwin Awards every so often for stupid criminals so there's that. :grin:

I did watch Oprah's interview with the Royal Cast-off's and I feel the same way you do Bgoney. I see this time and time again where I work, getting thrown under the bus. It's a shame too that it happens in real life so much.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Re the just plain stupid, the WOKE cancel culture.

Washington Redskins ~ deemed "racist" because of wonderful Native Americans.

Aunt Jemima pancake mix ~ deemed "racist" because of a beautiful African American woman image that had graced that product for decades.

Land O Lakes butter ~ deemed "racist" because of a beautiful Native American woman image that had graced those product for decades.

Uncle Ben's Rice ~ deemed "racist" because of a wonderful African American gentleman image that had graced those product for decades.

Cream of Wheat ~ deemed "racist" because of another wonderful African American gentleman image that had graced that product for decades.

Cleveland Indians ~ deemed "racist" because of wonderful Native Americans.

Mr Potato Head ~ now "gender neutral"

6 Dr Seuss books which have been on book shelves for decades ~ NOW banned and put out of further production.

My sister and I started enjoying and LEARNING from that collection of beloved books since the late 1960s when we lived in Cincy.

Pepe Le Pew ~ because they don't like how he pursued his Mademoiselle.

Peter Pan, Dumbo, The Aristocats, Swiss Family Robinson i.e. etc. ~ Because a flying boy, flying elephant, fancy kitty cats, and Swiss people along with Swiss cheese, chocolate and army knives all so deeply offend ... :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I didn't watch the Oprah interview with those ex-Royals but my Dad did.

Mom and I watched the latest installment of "Life, Liberty and Levin" of Mark Levin interviewing Jason Whitlock and Rep Byron Donalds (FL) re cancel culture etc.

Some families are better able to handle interracial marriage than other families.

I have two cousins (brother and sister) also from Ohio who both married African Americans and both couples have a baby daughter. :)

My nephew is dating a girl of Cuban American descent. :)

UPDATE: My nephew Jared recently got engaged to his gf Madison "Madi" and they're tying the knot in Oct 2022 in Nashville, TN! :adore: :thumbupright: She's really sweet and we're so very happy for them! :)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I don't really want this thread to be political, however, I will say that this cancel culture movement is BS. That is all.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:53 am I don't really want this thread to be political, however, I will say that this cancel culture movement is BS. That is all.
I'm sorry, Bro, I won't get any more political than that here. :)

I wholly agree and if our country doesn't rise up sooner than later on that insanity i.e. we'll end up totally losing our country.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Eric , I definitely feel ya, but I agree , as hard as it will be , we should try to keep the Us against them theme to a minimum.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:03 pm Eric , I definitely feel ya, but I agree , as hard as it will be , we should try to keep the Us against them theme to a minimum.
Hi Bgoney,

I agree and will do, Bro :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/amazon- ... R3LOAS4IU/

An Amazon driver got charged and arrested for OVI at a McDonald's drive-thru in Kettering, OH on March 4th. :swerve:
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:37 am This thread ought to be hopping! Where should I begin positing? I mean you've got the Darwin Awards every so often for stupid criminals so there's that. :grin:

I did watch Oprah's interview with the Royal Cast-off's and I feel the same way you do Bgoney. I see this time and time again where I work, getting thrown under the bus. It's a shame too that it happens in real life so much.
I saw the highlights, I wouldn't last 10 min trying to watch that stuff. Anyways, the Duchess knew exactly what she was doing throwing the Racial grenade under the Royal Institutions feet. Honestly, I didn't even know she was a woman of color. I suppose her feelings were hurt, why didn't she ask this person , what do you mean by that? Maybe they could have talked it out and been done with it. Instead she couldn't wait to air all her grievances, for millions of dollars , to the world.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:45 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:37 am This thread ought to be hopping! Where should I begin positing? I mean you've got the Darwin Awards every so often for stupid criminals so there's that. :grin:

I saw the highlights, I wouldn't last 10 min trying to watch that stuff. Anyways, the Duchess knew exactly what she was doing throwing the Racial grenade under the Royal Institutions feet. Honestly, I didn't even know she was a woman of color. I suppose her feelings were hurt, why didn't she ask this person , what do you mean by that? Maybe they could have talked it out and been done with it. Instead she couldn't wait to air all her grievances, for millions of dollars , to the world.
Completely agree. I didn't know Meghan's ethnicity either. Oprah should make a bundle too for the interview. She did it at a friend's house too. It wasn't even done at Oprah's mansion. LOL
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I've known about Meghan's ethnicity since her and Harry's engagement.

I feel for Prince William as he and his bro have been close-knit and even more so since the tragic death of their mother.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:44 pm I've known about Meghan's ethnicity since her and Harry's engagement.

I feel for Prince William as he and his bro have been close-knit and even more so since the tragic death of their mother.
The Royal Family is full of corruptness and scandals just like our Govt is. Heck, it's a global issue IMO.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:53 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:44 pm I've known about Meghan's ethnicity since her and Harry's engagement.

The Royal Family is full of corruptness and scandals just like our Govt is. Heck, it's a global issue IMO.
Yep, like Prince Charles's bro Andrew i.e. and his scumball associating with the late scumball Jeffrey Epstein and Slick Willie.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:11 pm

Yep, like Prince Charles's bro Andrew i.e. and his scumball associating with the late scumball Jeffrey Epstein and Slick Willie.
Charles is a POS esp when he cheated on Diana with that whore Camila. Excuse my language.... :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Here's another "interesting" headline for today. It's about an Amtrak employee accused of selling $50K worth of chainsaws and accessories. :jason:

https://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/ ... iLa0j2Pe90
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:38 pm Here's another "interesting" headline for today. It's about an Amtrak employee accused of selling $50K worth of chainsaws and accessories. :jason:

Yea that kind of stealing from the Government is commonplace.

Love the chainsaw Emoji . WOW i didn't know there were 10 pages of them. I have to spend a couple hours and look threw them, lol
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:53 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:38 pm Here's another "interesting" headline for today. It's about an Amtrak employee accused of selling $50K worth of chainsaws and accessories. :jason:

Yea that kind of stealing from the Government is commonplace.

Love the chainsaw Emoji . WOW i didn't know there were 10 pages of them. I have to spend a couple hours and look threw them, lol
Aaron has added some good ones! You'll love it! :beavisbutthead: <--- One of my favs!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:31 pm

Charles is a POS esp when he cheated on Diana with that whore Camila. Excuse my language.... :lol:
No apology needed, Bro. That fits him and her to a tee. :lol:
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:57 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:31 pm

No apology needed, Bro. That fits him and her to a tee. :lol:
Lol, :greatbritain:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Not a big fan of this guy, but pretty much agrees with our thoughts.

http://news.sky.com/story/piers-morgan- ... n-12241501
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:19 am Not a big fan of this guy, but pretty much agrees with our thoughts.

If it's not published in "The Sun" then it isn't true, right? :lol: Same can be said for the internet too I suppose. When will all of the insanity end?
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:37 am
Bgoney wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:19 am Not a big fan of this guy, but pretty much agrees with our thoughts.

If it's not published in "The Sun" then it isn't true, right? :lol: Same can be said for the internet too I suppose. When will all of the insanity end?
Honestly - I try to avoid as much exposure to social media and news as much as possible. Pretty much relegated to weather. Even sports has become too politized for me! (Of course it also doesn't help that my teams suck!) LOL
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king: