Rocktober 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: Rocktober 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:03 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:57 am Where should I go on the NWS ILN page for rainfall totals in Darke County e.g.? :) Greenville preferably. ;)

My gauge is MIA somewhere in our Fred and Lamont "junkyard" garage. :lol:

Currently 41 here in G'ville and progged to top out around 44.
Go here: https://www.weather.gov/wrh/Climate?wfo=iln Click on the NOWDATA tab and select Greenville WP, Ohio from the location box. In the next box select the product you want.
Thank you very much, Les! :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

From Sat through Mon morning a combo of 2.25" here in G'ville. :)

Currently 43 shy 1 degree of ILN's forecast high.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The max daytime high at CVG is 48. Currently sitting at 47 as of the 2pm reading.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

A whopping 30 degrees here in Wausau. The system bringing the light snow is in North Dakota and heading southeast. Not sure in the best area for the heaviest band of snow and its a learning curve up here as I have never spent a lot of time looking at these systems heading into Wisconsin. The systems lately though have been a little stronger than earlier in the fall which again is common. The good thing is most of the snow will fall at night and temps well below 32. I can tell you being outside today its very cold with a windchill. Heavy frost this morning as well.

Les can I count the snow totals in Wausau while I am in town to the snowfall contest lol
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:32 pm A whopping 30 degrees here in Wausau. The system bringing the light snow is in North Dakota and heading southeast. Not sure in the best area for the heaviest band of snow and its a learning curve up here as I have never spent a lot of time looking at these systems heading into Wisconsin. The systems lately though have been a little stronger than earlier in the fall which again is common. The good thing is most of the snow will fall at night and temps well below 32. I can tell you being outside today its very cold with a windchill. Heavy frost this morning as well.

Les can I count the snow totals in Wausau while I am in town to the snowfall contest lol
Only if I can count Fairbanks, AK. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Temps are finally dropping... 45 as of 3pm at CVG. Clearing is noted across the Western half of IN and as long as we can see that ourselves early on tonight, temps should have no issue dropping below freezing if not into the U20s.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

A special weather statement up here with 1-2 inches likely and some spots higher. I will take pics Tuesday morning. Timing is everything and lucky to up here for this system. I plan on coming up here sometime during the winter when a major storm is expected but for Oct 31st I will gladly take this system. Just to add info on this system a snow sqall warning in parts of North Dakota. This is not lake effect but the system has some very strong winds and with the snow falling white out conditions are possible. When you see energy like this systems tend to outdo model runs. Again 1-2 inches seems correct but they are saying some areas could see more.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

ILN has 50% POPS for us tomorrow evening for some snow showers associated with that same system. For us, it will be an arctic frontal passage. No accum. obviously is expected in the Ohio Valley minus the LES belts away from Lake Erie of course.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good evening all! 39 with a dew of 35 here. Skies are clearing and the wind is calming down so temps dropping below freezing by morning should not be too difficult. Upper 20s to the lower 30s looks good for city areas and low to mid 20s for rural areas. Then for Halloween, we'll see what happens with the arctic front in terms of snow shower action for the Trick-or-Treaters.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 52, CMH 54 and DAY 48 today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

My high was 54 as of midnight last night. 38 / 35 currently... :) Getting ready to watch My Lions kick some Vegas Raider butt!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Currently 36 here in G'ville and progged for around 23 early Wed morning.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Happy Halloween to you all and good morning! 25 IMBY right now so the growing season is 100% over! A nice frost on the grass, car tops, roof tops, etc. :) DO NOT FORGET to enter the snowfall contest for CVG if you have not already done so. Today is the LAST DAY to enter!!!

Speaking of snow... we shall see what happens late this afternoon with the arctic front. A few rain / snow showers are still on tap for that 5-7pm window. This is for Cincinnati. Winds will be gusty to 35 mph this evening as well. Temps will drop into the 30s for the kiddies with wind chills dropping into the 20s.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG has dropped to 28 as of 8am.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Happy Halloween to all! Will def be a better trick or treat adventure tonight compared to the rainy one last year. My low dipped to 26 which is the coldest so far this fall/winter season. My rainfall for the Sat-Mon event was about 1.60".
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and here is what snow looks like in case some have forgot after last winter.
IMG_0336(1).jpg
we got between 1-2 inches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Oh wow Tim! That looks so GORGEOUS!!! That is definitely a picture postcard type of look. :wub: Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us snow starved weenies. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mjr
Rain Shower

Post by Mjr »

Beautiful picture!
Low of 23 here this morning.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:40 am Happy Halloween to all! Will def be a better trick or treat adventure tonight compared to the rainy one last year. My low dipped to 26 which is the coldest so far this fall/winter season. My rainfall for the Sat-Mon event was about 1.60".
Awesome Mike! :thumbsup: Happy Halloween to you and the fam, Sir! :happyhalloween:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Correction: 27 officially at CVG this morning.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

IMG_0337.jpg
Still snowing lightly. One last pick and the untouched snow just relaxes the body and mind. Yes that is a Bengals flag
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Wow that looks so peaceful, Tim! I love it when the snow is still untouched. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mjr wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:53 am Beautiful picture!
Low of 23 here this morning.
Please let us know how cold you get the next couple of mornings. I'm curious to see if somebody doesn't drop into the upper teens potentially? It would def. be in a rural / sheltered valley. A location that does very well with radiational cooling in other words.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

42 as of 1pm at CVG. Mid 40s should do it ahead of the arctic front. The band of snow we are watching is located just N and W of Chicago and that is dropping SE in association with the front. Cloudiness is pushing into Central IN now so only a couple more hours or so with mostly sunny skies are left.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

A band of mixed rain / snow showers exists from near I-70 on northward. Radar loop shows precip trying to form further SW along the cold front. Again this is not going to be a big deal but a few rain / snow flakes are possible especially north of Cincinnati with this feature.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page