NFL 2023-2024 Season Discussion

Sports Talk of all kinds!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season Discussion

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:25 am
tron777 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:47 pm Man oh man... I am SO EXCITED to be a Lions fan again! I have been one for what seems like forever and as you guys know, the news out of Detroit was never good. Head Coach Dan Campbell and the GM Brad Holmes, have put together a wonderful team of guys who want to win! If we can beat Lamar Jackson and company this Sunday at 1pm, then we can beat ANYBODY! It's true. If the Lions don't win the NFC North I'll be shocked. If we do not make it to the play offs this season, I'll be shocked. A lot of people can't believe it but I can. If have been paying attention, you saw it during the second half of last year. It is only continuing in this current season. :) :) :)
Very happy for you and your Lions, Les!! :thumbupleft: 8-)
Thank you Bro! It's good for the city of Detroit and for their loyal fans. Detroit fans are just like Cincy fans with respect to support their teams both in good years and bad years. As you know, we have had a lot of bad years so the second half of last season and so far for this season, it has been a real treat to watch a great football team at work. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Week 7

Thurs Oct 19th

Jax @ NO 31-24! ;)

Sun Oct 22nd

Det @ Bal 38-6!! :o :(

LV @ Chi 30-12!! :o

Cle @ Ind 39-38! :(

Pit @ LAR 24-17! ;)

Mia @ Phi 31-17!! ;)

Mon Oct 23rd

SF @ Min 22-17! :|

Eric's Picks for Week 7: Jaguars, Les's Lions, Les's Raiders, My Colts, Steelers, Eagles, and 49'ers.

Bengals and Panthers on BYE

3 out of 7 for me for Week 7! :oops: ;)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:04 am, edited 7 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Jags, My Lions, My Raiders, Brownies, Matthew Stafford, Fishies, and Niners
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

My Lions were embarrassed today losing 38-6. Ugh... They could not do anything offensively and could not stop Lamar Jackson defensively either. Horrible performance.

:banghead:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:11 pm My Lions were embarrassed today losing 38-6. Ugh... They could not do anything offensively and could not stop Lamar Jackson defensively either. Horrible performance.

:banghead:
So sorry Bro :(
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My Colts lost a heart breaker to the Dawgs 39-38!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Week 8

Thurs Oct 26th

TB @ Buf 24-18! ;)

Sun Oct 29th

Hou @ Car 15-13! :)

NO @ Ind 38-27!! :(

Jax @ Pit 20-10! :(

Cle @ Sea 24-20! ;)

Cin @ SF 31-17!! :)

Chi @ LAC 30-13!! ;)

Mon Oct 30th

LV @ Det 26-14!! :)

Eric's Picks for Week 8: Bills, My Panthers, My Colts, Steelers, Seahawks, My Bengals, Chargers, and Les's Lions.

6 out of 8 for me for Week 8! :thumbupleft:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:34 am, edited 12 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Josh Allen, Texans, Eric's Colts, Arm-Pitt, Geno Smith, Niners, Bolts, and My Lions.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Afternoon and made it to Wausau. Light rain and fog most of the time in Wisconsin though it has stopped. Thought I would try the NFL picks first before I get into the weather later today.

Bills,Texans,Colts unless the refs decide the game,Jags,Seahawks,,Bengals,Chargers and the Lions.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bengals beat the Niners 31-17! :)

Panthers got their 1st win of the season, finally, beating the Texans 15-13! :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Pitt and CLE lost but who can stop the Ravens? They look pretty tough in the division. The shocking upset of the day is Mahomes losing to Denver! WOW! :o
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:39 pm Pitt and CLE lost but who can stop the Ravens? They look pretty tough in the division. The shocking upset of the day is Mahomes losing to Denver! WOW! :o
The Ravens are good and one of the top 5 teams in football. The Chiefs need another receiver. The Bengals are no doubt back and when Joe is healthy they may be the best team in the NFL. Mixon is running better than ever and the defense once again is looking good. Cowgirls always when games in the regular season and like today by many scores but get in the playoffs and they fold. Les no doubt with the Vikings most likely losing Cousins for the season the Lions are going to run their the division.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:39 pm
tron777 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:39 pm Pitt and CLE lost but who can stop the Ravens? They look pretty tough in the division. The shocking upset of the day is Mahomes losing to Denver! WOW! :o
The Ravens are good and one of the top 5 teams in football. The Chiefs need another receiver. The Bengals are no doubt back and when Joe is healthy they may be the best team in the NFL. Mixon is running better than ever and the defense once again is looking good. Cowgirls always when games in the regular season and like today by many scores but get in the playoffs and they fold. Les no doubt with the Vikings most likely losing Cousins for the season the Lions are going to run their the division.
I agree Tim! I totally expect the Lions to have a nice bounce back game against the Raiders tonight.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

My Lions won 26-14 and go to 6-2 atop the NFC North. There were some negatives though. Goff played like crap. 3 turnovers for the offense as well. Typically you will lose games with that many turnovers but the Raiders are so bad it didn't seem to matter. We should have blown them out and would have without those miscues. Too many FG's in the Redzone too. Those need to be TD's. The positives were the running game! Even without Montgomery, Gibbs played fantastic! He rushed for over 150 yards and a TD. He had 187 total yards from scrimmage. The Raiders entire offense only accumulated 157 yards as a team! Our defense played wonderfully only giving up 7 points (the other 7 was on Goff for a pick 6). The defense had an INT, and 6 sacks on Jimmy G. So all in all, we escaped with a win and need to work on protecting the ball better and scoring in the Redzone. We are on a BYE in Week 9 so our next match up in Week 10 is @ The Chargers 4:05pm ET kick off. We should get David Montgomery back by then as well as a couple of offensive linemen that have also been out due to injury.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les the lions have a good team and should get at least 1 home game and maybe more in the playoffs. I agree they need to get better in the red zone and though I like Goff I believe when he gets out of the pocket he can have problems. Throws a great ball but again all QB's have something they are not great at. Still believe 3rd best in the NFC and that is if every team is healthy. Love the coach but want to see him coach a game in the playoffs because SF,Seattle and Phily have really good coaches and Dallas not so much. The NFC is almost set for the playoffs half way through the season and only the NFC south will probably be figured out in week 17. The AFC 5 teams set which include KC,JAX,MIA,BALTIMORE AND CIN. Yes Cincinnati because when Joe is healthy and their defense gets better as the year goes on they are no doubt one of the best in the league.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Great post Tim! Barring a miracle or the Lions totally falling apart, the NFC North division should be theirs for the taking. Then it boils down to playoff seeding in terms of home field advantage or not but we can worry about that when we get closer to the end of the season. The BYE Week for Detroit couldn't have come at a better time so players can heal from their injuries.

In terms of the Bengals, their defense has been playing very well and Joey B looks healthy once again. He was able to move around on the field and even run the ball when he had to and the calf injury looks like it is no longer of a concern. As long as the offensive line can protect Joe Cool from any further injuries I expect Cincinnati to make the play offs again. The Ravens at this time are the best team in the division so they will need to beat Lamar Jackson and crew later in the season.

The 49ers are beginning to show some weaknesses but they are on a Bye this week so that should give them time to correct their issues. One of the more impressive teams this season has been the Jags. Trevor Lawrence is playing some great football now and their running game with Etienne has been fantastic! The Dolphins are also playing very well with Tua T. playing masterful football at the QB position. They also have a great running game with Mostert and a decent defense as well. We should see some exciting football for the remainder of the season.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Thanks Les. Miami's problem will be later in the season especially if they play away from home where the weather may not be great plus the defense is not that good. Seattle has a great coach except for one call in a Super Bowl and though Geno Smith can only get you so far they can win a game in the playoffs. San Fran is so talented but need everybody to be healthy because again the QB is the weak link. Phily great lines and the QB is really good but he looks a little hurt.Dallas has talent but where would this coach be without Rodgers.KC I believe needs one more receiver but they are good enough with the QB,Defense and Head Coach. I agree Baltimore looks like the best this season. QB that has figured out he can stay in the pocket and win because he throws a great ball and really early this season the receivers were dropping balls and that has improved plus a coach that seldom calls a bad game. Jax is the team I am not sure because the QB is really good and of course the RB looks wonderful and a head coach that has one a Super Bowl with not the best QB. Jax and Det have a chance to get number 1 seeds because of the division they are located.

Again half the season almost over but this is how I see things at this point and again health is so key in the NFL and that includes line plays especially the offensive side of the ball
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Those look like good calls to me Tim! It's going to be interesting for sure as we've both eluded too. :) I'm just so happy to be a Lions fan again! We've had a lot of dismal years just like Cincinnati before they gave folks something to be proud of by going to the Super Bowl last season. Hopefully, we see Detroit in the SB this year!! Wouldn't it be awesome to see a Cincy / Detroit match up? :thumbsup: A low chance of occurrence just like us and big snow storms but eventually they do happen. ;)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les the Vikings picked up Dobbs from Arizona to replace Cousins. Not saying he will improve the Vikings but he is a decent QB. Still believe the Lions are the best team but the Vikings will make it a little tougher.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:04 pm Les the Vikings picked up Dobbs from Arizona to replace Cousins. Not saying he will improve the Vikings but he is a decent QB. Still believe the Lions are the best team but the Vikings will make it a little tougher.
I feel so bad for Kirk Cousins. I remember when he played for MI State in college. Cousins has never missed an NFL start due to injury in his entire career until now. Dobbs isn't bad as you said, but IMO Cousins is better.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Week 9

Thurs Nov 2nd

Ten @ Pit 20-16! ;)

Sun Nov 5th

Mia @ KC 21-14! ;)

Ari @ Cle 27-0!! :o ;)

Ind @ Car 27-13!! :)

NYG @ LV 30-6!! :)

Buf @ Cin 24-18! :)

Mon Nov 6th

LAC @ NYJ 27-6!! ;)

Eric's Picks for Week 9: Steelers, Chiefs, Browns, My Colts, Les's Raiders, My Bengals, and Chargers.

Les's Lions on BYE

7 out of 7 for me for Week 9! :thumbupleft: :cheerleaderguy:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Arm-Pitt, Tua T, Brownies, Eric's Colts, My Raiders, Eric's Bengals, and Bolts

As a side note: Prior to yesterday's trade deadline, My Lions traded a 6th round draft pick in 2025 to the Browns for WR Donavon Peoples-Jones. DPJ went to Univ of Michigan and is from Detroit so nice to see a local guy return home. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/sports/raiders-fir ... 2IYF5EWSA/

Raiders fired a coach and also their GM. :o
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Afternoon and forgot about the nfl pics. Lucky I had no ideal what would happen last night. I will pic the remaining games and considered last night a loss'

K.C,Clev,Carolina,Raiders,Bengals and Jaets
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Week 11

Thurs Nov 16th

Cin @ Bal 34-20!! :x

Sun Nov 19th

Dal @ Car 33-10!! ;)

Pit @ Cle 13-10! ;)

Chi @ Det 31-26! :)

LV @ Mia 20-13! :(

Min @ Den 21-20! :o

Mon Nov 20th

Phi @ KC 21-17! :o

Eric's Picks for Week 11: My Bengals, Cowgirls, Browns, Les's Lions, Les's Raiders, Vikings, and Chiefs.

My Colts on BYE

3 out of 7 for me for Week 11! :|
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:27 am, edited 10 times in total.