NFL 2023-2024 Season Discussion

Sports Talk of all kinds!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season Discussion

Post by MVWxObserver »

Great to see the Bengals have a commanding 31-14 win over the postseason Browns in the last game of the Cincy season! :)

Hopefully Cincy can get their defensive line e.g. strengthened for next season and then a 2025 postseason! :thumbupleft:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les you got the Lions-Rams game we spoke of many weeks ago. Should be a great game though I believe overall the Lions are just a better team but coaching you must give to the Rams at this time.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:17 pm Les you got the Lions-Rams game we spoke of many weeks ago. Should be a great game though I believe overall the Lions are just a better team but coaching you must give to the Rams at this time.
It'll be an awesome game Tim! I love Stafford but you know me... GO LIONS! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Postseason 2023

Super Wild Card Weekend

AFC

Sat Jan 13th

Cle @ Hou 45-14!! :o

Mia @ KC 26-7!! ;)

Sun Jan 14th

NFC

GB @ Dal 48-32!! :o

LAR @ Det 24-23! :)

Mon Jan 15th MLK Jr Day :waveusa:

AFC

Pit @ Buf 31-17!! ;)

NFC

Phi @ TB 32-9!! :o

Eric's Picks for Super Wild Card Weekend: Browns, Chiefs, Cowgirls, Les's Lions, Bills, and Eagles.

3 out of 6 for me for Super Wild Card Weekend! ;)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:47 am, edited 10 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Cleveland, Fishies, Josh Allen, Cowgirls, My Lions and Birds.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Houston we have a problem. Okay maybe not Houston but the NFL may have hit the turning point in terms of Greed. They have a great product and viewership is huge but the playoff game between Mia-Kc is exclusive only to peacock which is another streaming service. Sure they have been doing the Thursday night games on Prime but most of those games are horrible and most folks believe the 3 day turnaround hurts the game.

I guess the old phrase jumping the shark may apply here and when you lose customers for whatever reason they are hard to get back. So NFL be careful and sure most bars will pay the 5.99 as they will more than make that up in sales.

I can remember when baseball was king and if you become to greedy or change the game enough folks will tell you by not attending though baseball has other problem with the number one being these guaranteed contracts.

So the NBA and College Basketball will notice and if the NFL continues this those two will no doubt rearrange their schedule for bigger games during the NFL playoffs which they usually don't even try.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Greed is everywhere Tim even in high school and college sports. It is so sad. Playing for the love of the game seems to be dead.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Steelers / Bills game has been rescheduled for MLK Jr Day at 4:30 due to blizzard conditions in Buffalo this weekend.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:54 pm Steelers / Bills game has been rescheduled for MLK Jr Day at 4:30 due to blizzard conditions in Buffalo this weekend.
I'm watching a streaming video on YouTube from Buffalo Weather. Thundersnow going on...really bad conditions.

Link time sensitive:

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Never thought Cleveland defense would get run over like this
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:57 pm Never thought Cleveland defense would get run over like this
The 2 Pick 6's from Flacco didn't help either.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Never said it was a good or bad idea to postpone the game , but if it was done for player and fan safety, then the chiefs game should also have been postponed. Players exerting themselves as they do when playing and breathing in negative temp air wreaks havoc on the lungs and heart, let alone the normal out of shape beer drinking shirtless fan in the stands.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:57 pm Never thought Cleveland defense would get run over like this
They had such a different defense at home compared to the road. Matter of fact they were the worse defense in terms of points scored on the road this season. Usually the defense will travel but not with the Browns.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les good luck with the Lions. I like the new coach and he has changed the culture but so did Marvin Lewis and his record in the playoffs were horrible because he was so conservative but your new coach may be to risky.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:28 pm Les good luck with the Lions. I like the new coach and he has changed the culture but so did Marvin Lewis and his record in the playoffs were horrible because he was so conservative but your new coach may be to risky.
Thanks Tim! GB looks to win over Dallas and big time at that. If we can beat Matthew and Co. tonight, I believe we would face GB in the next round. We'll worry about that next week. We have a big task tonight ahead of us. I love Dan Campbell too! His leadership is wonderful! The only beef I have is what you eluded too. He can be too risky going for it on 4th down.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:07 pm
tpweather wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:28 pm Les good luck with the Lions. I like the new coach and he has changed the culture but so did Marvin Lewis and his record in the playoffs were horrible because he was so conservative but your new coach may be to risky.
Thanks Tim! GB looks to win over Dallas and big time at that. If we can beat Matthew and Co. tonight, I believe we would face GB in the next round. We'll worry about that next week. We have a big task tonight ahead of us. I love Dan Campbell too! His leadership is wonderful! The only beef I have is what you eluded too. He can be too risky going for it on 4th down.
Good Luck Les and you would face the winner of TB and Philly. Green Bay is 7th see and will face the 49er's.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:10 pm
tron777 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:07 pm
Good Luck Les and you would face the winner of TB and Philly. Green Bay is 7th see and will face the 49er's.
Oh ok. Thanks for that. I must have read the graphic online incorrectly. :lol: I'd rather play Tampa then Philly if I had my choice.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

The Lions were the better team and glad they won. Going into the game the coaches were my main concern. I thought the Rams had the upper hand but like so many coaches they have problems with the clock. He used 2 timeouts in the 2nd half which led to the Lions only needed 2 first downs to end the game. Hello Marvin Lewis who was known for using all his timeouts early . That was one reason Mr.Bill in New England won so many games and almost always he had 3 timeouts left with less than 5 minutes in the first half or 2nd half.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:11 am The Lions were the better team and glad they won. Going into the game the coaches were my main concern. I thought the Rams had the upper hand but like so many coaches they have problems with the clock. He used 2 timeouts in the 2nd half which led to the Lions only needed 2 first downs to end the game. Hello Marvin Lewis who was known for using all his timeouts early . That was one reason Mr.Bill in New England won so many games and almost always he had 3 timeouts left with less than 5 minutes in the first half or 2nd half.
One of the Lions ex coaches, Jim Schwartz was also terrible at clock management and it cost the Lions a lot of games back in those days as well. Soooo glad we won a play off game to get that monkey off our back,. On to Round 2! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:29 am
tpweather wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:11 am The Lions were the better team and glad they won. Going into the game the coaches were my main concern. I thought the Rams had the upper hand but like so many coaches they have problems with the clock. He used 2 timeouts in the 2nd half which led to the Lions only needed 2 first downs to end the game. Hello Marvin Lewis who was known for using all his timeouts early . That was one reason Mr.Bill in New England won so many games and almost always he had 3 timeouts left with less than 5 minutes in the first half or 2nd half.
One of the Lions ex coaches, Jim Schwartz was also terrible at clock management and it cost the Lions a lot of games back in those days as well. Soooo glad we won a play off game to get that monkey off our back,. On to Round 2! :)
Congratulations Les and to your Lions, Bro!! :thumbupleft: 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thank you Bro! I'm excited for the next round of the play offs! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

lol , never to dangerous to travel for a football game

IMG_1194.jpeg
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:45 pm lol , never to dangerous to travel for a football game

IMG_1194.jpeg
I saw LES Chasers on YouTube and there were a bunch of cars out over the weekend. A lot of people ignored the travel ban.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:37 pm
Bgoney wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:45 pm lol , never to dangerous to travel for a football game

IMG_1194.jpeg
I saw LES Chasers on YouTube and there were a bunch of cars out over the weekend. A lot of people ignored the travel ban.
That’s why Buffalo’ans live in Buffalo, to play in the snow