NFL 2023-2024 Season Discussion

Sports Talk of all kinds!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season Discussion

Post by tpweather »

The Lions had a great season and hopefully a good learning experience for the head coach. No doubt the missed points they could of had instead of going for it on 4th down. I know its worked often this season but guess what you are playing the best team in the nfc so take any points available. Coaches always try to out think the other team and quit doing that . The lions had control of this game but you let the other team back in during the 3rd quarter as SF got a field goal and you had a chance for one as well which would extended the lead back to 3 scores. When that failed not only gave SF a boost but the fans became louder and louder. We had Marvin Lewis for 7 playoff losses and one reason Marvin was not a good game day coach though who knew talent.

My line for super-bowl is SF a 2 point favorite. Again betting is not about which team is favorite by a certain amount but the betting sites want a line where 50p/c bet one way and 50p/c the other so you make up that line where that should end up.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I'm going with SF to spite the overrated wigwam! :P
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Probably going to see that line change in the coming week because I have no doubt people are going to jump on that and bet KC with that line
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Dan Campbell should have kicked both FG's. We had a chance to tie the game. That really upset me. I will be a Niners Fan in the SB. Cannot stand KC and Mahomes.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:10 am Dan Campbell should have kicked both FG's. We had a chance to tie the game. That really upset me. I will be a Niners Fan in the SB. Cannot stand KC and Mahomes.
Same here Bro
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:10 am Dan Campbell should have kicked both FG's. We had a chance to tie the game. That really upset me. I will be a Niners Fan in the SB. Cannot stand KC and Mahomes.
Yep, it’s one thing to take a calculated risk but another to be reckless
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:06 am Probably going to see that line change in the coming week because I have no doubt people are going to jump on that and bet KC with that line
Normally I would agree but SF over the past 40 years or more has always got more money bet on them than any team. For years it was Vegas that ran the show and being on the west coast SF was highly over bet. I am not sure where the betting services are located and if that still works. I am not a bettor but if you are hitting 54p/c of the time that is regarded as wonderful.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les I hoped he would have learn from the Dallas game. Emotions are part of the game but when you are the boss making the final decision you need somebody on the staff to throw up the stop sign. Yes they did well this year on making some wild decisions but you need to know who you are playing and where you are playing.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:38 am
Yep, it’s one thing to take a calculated risk but another to be reckless
Bingo! I gave him a pass on the first one but to not tie up the game? That was definitely reckless!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:16 pm
Les I hoped he would have learn from the Dallas game. Emotions are part of the game but when you are the boss making the final decision you need somebody on the staff to throw up the stop sign. Yes they did well this year on making some wild decisions but you need to know who you are playing and where you are playing.
I love the fact that he is a passionate and emotional coach. My favorite type of coach. But it does get to a point where it clouded his judgement.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Well my money would still be on the chiefs. Don’t really have a preference who wins , just the best team. Only two QBs to beat Mahomes in the playoffs is Brady and Burrow , the killer B’s. So unless Purdy changes his last name before the game, I’m not changing my bet
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patrick- ... hpriver_23

Patrick Mahomes Sr. was arrested on a DWI charge this past weekend in Texas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and the last game of the season. I believe SF should destroy the Chiefs and I have no skin in this game. Final score SF 34 KC 20
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:09 am Good Morning and the last game of the season. I believe SF should destroy the Chiefs and I have no skin in this game. Final score SF 34 KC 20
Sounds good to me Tim! I am hoping for a similar outcome.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

What a boring game
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bgoney wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:25 pm What a boring game
For a while but then didn't get boring later as the Chiefs got their 3rd SB win and in OT 25-22!! 8-)

Congratulations KC! 8-)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

:heart: :lol: T -N- T at it yet again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

First half was boring. Went to bed at half time and luckily feel asleep before the halftime show was over. With the Chiefs winning in OT, it sounds like I didn't miss a thing. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Purdy should have changed his last name after all. I thought chiefs would win but it certainly wasn’t because Mahomes played well .. Both teams looked out of sorts, a strange one for sure.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

A very messy game to say the least and a missed extra point was the difference. Mahomes saved the day in the second half and almost by himself. The good thing is I will get to see him and Kelce in more commercials lol
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Purdy and calllahan couldn’t handle the blitz the second half . KC defense saved the day. Mahomes was Mahomes when it mattered most
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:00 am Purdy and calllahan couldn’t handle the blitz the second half . KC defense saved the day. Mahomes was Mahomes when it mattered most
San Fran gave up on the run game early almost like Baltimore did against Kc. Kc has 2 great young corners and most teams are lucky to even have 1. San Fran has more weapons but the coach of San Fran sometimes believes he is smarter than everyone and that has hurt him.Not a big fan of him and never liked his dad at Denver
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:21 am First half was boring. Went to bed at half time and luckily feel asleep before the halftime show was over. With the Chiefs winning in OT, it sounds like I didn't miss a thing. :lol:
USHER will seat you now! :lol: Or ZZZZ now. :lol:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:17 pm
tron777 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:21 am First half was boring. Went to bed at half time and luckily feel asleep before the halftime show was over. With the Chiefs winning in OT, it sounds like I didn't miss a thing. :lol:
USHER will seat you now! :lol: Or ZZZZ now. :lol:
Zzzzzz is more like it! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I can fully understand a player's passion for the game but at halftime last night in front of scores of fans to make a public spectacle via one's temper and being a TOTAL JERK! :nono: ;) He also pushed Coach Reid during his tirade! :o :x **SMH**

Hopefully Taylor also took notice as that kind of a temper could lead to an abusive relationship!

In hindsight makes you wish the Wigwam would have LOST! :tappingfoot: :screaming:

God bless the teammate for having the sense and decency to intervene. He's the real MVP. Kelce should have been tasered then carted off to the locker room and confined for the rest of the game. Any other player would have been ejected. Just because you're dating someone famous doesn't give you a pass.