What's for dinner?

Share your recipes and cooking techniques. Whether you grill, use a smoker, or deep fry. We've got it all here to make your mouth water!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by MVWxObserver »

Today for lunch I had a Factor chicken Alfredo and roasted seasoned broccoli. :)
Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

Going to make Indian food this evening. Chicken tikka masala.
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We are having an old world meal. Stuffed cabbage or the polish word Golumpki.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Trevor wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:53 am Going to make Indian food this evening. Chicken tikka masala.
My niece likes Indian food, too. :)

Mom likes samosas. :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Had a wonderful Pre Easter church dinner fellowship today as I had a loose meat ground beef in sauce sandwich (similar to a Sloppy Joe), some Hillshire Farm sausage bites, green bean casserole, corn pudding, mac and cheese, a few celery sticks and broccoli florets w/ dip, a thin slice of sugar cream pie and a piece of yellow bundt cake w/ chocolate glaze. :)

My folks and I contributed the yellow bundt cake and a Waldorf apple salad. :)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

More Golumpki's tonight/ Froze the rest. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Today for lunch am going to have a Polish sausage sandwich and fries from season-opened Jim's Drive-In here in Greenville. :)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Having stuffed hot dogs for dinner tonight. Take a hot dog and slice it down the middle but not all the way thru, Stuff with mashed potatoes. Top with cheese and bacon slices. Bake in the oven. May need to put the broiler on for a few mins to get the bacon done. Put raw onion on it and some ketchup on our plate and yummy! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:41 pm Having stuffed hot dogs for dinner tonight. Take a hot dog and slice it down the middle but not all the way thru, Stuff with mashed potatoes. Top with cheese and bacon slices. Bake in the oven. May need to put the broiler on for a few mins to get the bacon done. Put raw onion on it and some ketchup on our plate and yummy! :)
Damn that sounds delicious! M

Doing spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, and a side salad for dinner today. I’ve been up since midnight for work so it’s going to be an early one for me today lol!
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Today had a Marie Callender chicken, cheese, rice and broccoli bowl. :) I added some real bacon bits for an extra tasty treat to it, too. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Had White Castle's for dinner tonight. Only have 'em 2 or 3 times a year. Dad's Birthday Week and he loves them so I went out and got them for dinner. :) I love 'em too! Cleans me out. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:50 pm Had White Castle's for dinner tonight. Only have 'em 2 or 3 times a year. Dad's Birthday Week and he loves them so I went out and got them for dinner. :) I love 'em too! Cleans me out. :lol:
I saw a White Castle in Hamilton years ago in an episode of "Undercover Boss." :) :lol:

Happy Birthday to your Dad, Bro!! :birthday: :cake: :birthdaymulticolor:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thanks Eric! It is tomorrow the 31st. Tonight for dinner we are having another old world polish meal, City Chicken and Dumplings! It is known as chicken paprikash. It is not made with chicken at all. Beef and pork. Flour, spices (lots of paprika) then use that to brown the meat. Make a sour cream and mushroom gravy. Mix all of that together let it cook for several hours. Continue to stir and watch for sticking!

To make the dumplings, it is just egg and flour that's it! Boil the dumplings for a few mins then add to meat / gravy mixture. Cook an additional 30 mins. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

For lunch on Thurs I had a Marie Callender Swedish meatballs stroganoff. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:44 am For lunch on Thurs I had a Marie Callender Swedish meatballs stroganoff. :)
I used to take Marie's meals for lunch when I had to go into the office all the time. :lol: Stouffers meals are good too. We are having a fish fry at my Brother's this evening. Going out there for the weekend. No wife, no kids. They are in Alabama for the kids Spring Break next week. :lol: So it'll just be the 4 of us to celebrate Dad's 70th Birthday! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:44 am For lunch on Thurs I had a Marie Callender Swedish meatballs stroganoff. :)
Other than Stouffer frozen meals, I think Marie Callender is about as good as it gets in the frozen food aisle IMO! I especially love her Country Fried Chicken meal.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:13 am
Other than Stouffer frozen meals, I think Marie Callender is about as good as it gets in the frozen food aisle IMO! I especially love her Country Fried Chicken meal.
I love her big pot pies (Beef) for dinner too! Can't beat that with some garlic, pepper and raw onion on top of it. I will even melt a piece of swiss cheese on it too to really jazz it up.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:36 am
I used to take Marie's meals for lunch when I had to go into the office all the time. :lol: Stouffers meals are good too. We are having a fish fry at my Brother's this evening. Going out there for the weekend. No wife, no kids. They are in Alabama for the kids Spring Break next week. :lol: So it'll just be the 4 of us to celebrate Dad's 70th Birthday! :lol:
My folks and I love Stouffers, too. :)

So did Kate and the kids go to Gulf Shores? :)

HAPPY BIG 70TH LARRY SR!!!! :birthday: :cake: :birthdaymulticolor:

Enjoy your special day Sir!! :thumbupleft:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:13 am
That and also her Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes w/ gravy and corn. :) Also her meatloaf entree e.g., too. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:25 pm

No they went to her sister's in north central Bama.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:11 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:25 pm

No they went to her sister's in north central Bama.
Looks like they're in the Slight / Enhanced? general zone, Bro.

Prayers for safety for them down that way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Had a pounded boneless baked pork steak, green peas, corn, brown rice and canned cherries for lunch today. :)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

For lunch today I had a Factor entree of grilled chicken breast w/ honey mustard dipping sauce, rosemary diced potatoes, garlic green beans and applesauce. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Had beef short ribs, mashed potatoes and gravy and carrots for dinner.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Had a med appt at UC Health West Chester campus today and then stopped at Hyde's Restaurant in Hamilton for brunch. :) Had some scrambled eggs, diced potatoes, wheat toast and 2 pancakes. :) Also bought a slice of stacked meringue chocolate cream pie to take home. :)

Had a very nice heavy t-storm between West Chester and Hamilton going to Hyde's and the storm continued for a while in Hamilton as my folks and I feasted. :)