AV Pyrotechnics Thread

Everything Outdoors including gardening, landscaping, fishing, camping, hunting, and more!
House of Cards
Heavy Rain

Re: AV Pyrotechnics Thread

Post by House of Cards »

How appropriate Les that you had one called "Hammer Time" in your stash from last year. That should be paying you a royalty for the name. :lol:
Located at intersection of Blue Rock Rd and I-275/SR 126 Hwy in Colerain
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

House of Cards wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:05 am How appropriate Les that you had one called "Hammer Time" in your stash from last year. That should be paying you a royalty for the name. :lol:
LOL! I have more of those for this year too! Fitz and the gang continue to expand their Hammer and Anvil product line. Check 'em out Dave. Seriously... you need to do this. :) I may even have a 4th neighbor wanting to get in on the action for 2024. I have a pyro crazy neighborhood so trying to send some biz over to Queen City since they have taken such wonderful care of me, my neighbors, etc.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Been working on fusing my racks together for the show on 7/1.... that is the date of my party this year! :) Got the 12 shot rack and 2 16 shot racks done today. Will do the 50 shot rack tomorrow. That one is my finale rack and this year Fitz and the Gang at Queen City have 6" shells. Yes... 6" shells. Arthur Rozzi 6" shells. A must see people!

When I get back from Lake Erie, I'll have a 10 shot rack and 5 8 shot racks left to do. Neighbor will take care of prepping the cakes. :lol: I have a total of 144 mortar shots in the show now... so 6 cases of shells. :lol: Then Lord knows how many cakes we bought. Eh Mike? :lol: It's gonna be freaking KILLER!!! I am so pumped!

I get to catch walleye on Lake Erie and compete for money in 2 weeks then in 4 weeks I blow shit up!!!! I love my life! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Folks...

QC Fireworks is having their annual raffle so please go check 'em out! You can win $1800 worth of fireworks!!! :o I have posted a link to their Facebook post for details.

https://www.facebook.com/Queencityfireworks

Here is a pic of what you can win (minus the Freedom Tree itself lol)

QC Fireworks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CHRISTMAS IN JULY!! :unclesam: :usa: :waveusa: :thumbupleft: 8-)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:43 am CHRISTMAS IN JULY!! :unclesam: :usa: :waveusa: :thumbupleft: 8-)
For us pyro's it is! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I have half of the fireworks show fused up and ready to go with ignitors attached. I am referring too my mortar racks... 10 of them! (5) 8 shot racks, (1) 10 shot rack, (2) 16 shot racks, a 12 shot rack, and a 50 finale shot rack for a total of 144 shells!!! :o Then, we will have a ton of 200G and 500G cakes wired up to my 32 cue system. This is gonna be LARGE!!!! No rain on 7/1, no rain on 7/1, repeat after me. No rain on 7/1 :lol: Thanks once again to Fitz and the gang at Queen City for assisting us in building a great show! Googly Moogly!

HammerTime.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Going to get with my neighbor this evening and get the order ready with regards to what cakes are being fired in what order and when to press a button on the other remote to fire off one of our many, many mortar racks. :lol: This is like the pregame to the Super Bowl for me. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'd like to thank Queen City Fireworks, Fitz and the gang, etc for providing us (and their other customers) with great quality fireworks at a great price! I added a third neighbor this year and we may have a 4th wanting to get involved too for next year! We love the quality of these cakes and shells! So much better then what Phantom sells up the road from us. I had so many positive comments after the show how much brighter the colors were, how much higher the shells went before breaking, and those 500 G Fountains are the best on the market today! Our finale this year was 4 500 G fountains (2 Hammers and 2 Anvils) that I kicked off at the same time. After they got cranked up for a moment, then we did the last 16 shot rack followed by the finale 50 shot rack which was loaded with the 6" Arthur Rozzi Shells / The Craftsmen. Those shells are the best I have seen to date! I am getting more next year for sure!!!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:13 pm I'd like to thank Queen City Fireworks, Fitz and the gang, etc for providing us (and their other customers) with great quality fireworks at a great price! I added a third neighbor this year and we may have a 4th wanting to get involved too for next year! We love the quality of these cakes and shells! So much better then what Phantom sells up the road from us. I had so many positive comments after the show how much brighter the colors were, how much higher the shells went before breaking, and those 500 G Fountains are the best on the market today! Our finale this year was 4 500 G fountains (2 Hammers and 2 Anvils) that I kicked off at the same time. After they got cranked up for a moment, then we did the last 16 shot rack followed by the finale 50 shot rack which was loaded with the 6" Arthur Rozzi Shells / The Craftsmen. Those shells are the best I have seen to date! I am getting more next year for sure!!!
I need to move to your hood Les. Sounds like your Firework shows are amazing! :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:10 am
tron777 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:13 pm I'd like to thank Queen City Fireworks, Fitz and the gang, etc for providing us (and their other customers) with great quality fireworks at a great price! I added a third neighbor this year and we may have a 4th wanting to get involved too for next year! We love the quality of these cakes and shells! So much better then what Phantom sells up the road from us. I had so many positive comments after the show how much brighter the colors were, how much higher the shells went before breaking, and those 500 G Fountains are the best on the market today! Our finale this year was 4 500 G fountains (2 Hammers and 2 Anvils) that I kicked off at the same time. After they got cranked up for a moment, then we did the last 16 shot rack followed by the finale 50 shot rack which was loaded with the 6" Arthur Rozzi Shells / The Craftsmen. Those shells are the best I have seen to date! I am getting more next year for sure!!!
I need to move to your hood Les. Sounds like your Firework shows are amazing! :)
Other people around me also add to the excitement! :) We'd be glad to have you Bro! Come on down! :lol: I am thinking of adding a total of 3 banks of 500 G fountains, the 50 shot finale rack and some cakes too for next year's finale! I am one crazy SOB! :lol: I love it! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Thanks again for coming out Les! I'm glad your show was a success!!!

I'm starting to get rested back up, had a long couple of weeks! I was personally on shows starting on June 29th through the 4th. Shot the City of Toledo's downtown show, then had to turn and burn to get back and reloaded to head to Lexington. We also had our big show in Blue Ash, that's a beast of it's own!

Time to get some rest and start prepping for the late summer shows and football season!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mfitz730 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:26 am Thanks again for coming out Les! I'm glad your show was a success!!!

I'm starting to get rested back up, had a long couple of weeks! I was personally on shows starting on June 29th through the 4th. Shot the City of Toledo's downtown show, then had to turn and burn to get back and reloaded to head to Lexington. We also had our big show in Blue Ash, that's a beast of it's own!

Time to get some rest and start prepping for the late summer shows and football season!
You guys are great to work with Mike! Looking forwards to next year already. :lol: Get some rest! You deserve it my friend.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:30 am
Mfitz730 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:26 am Thanks again for coming out Les! I'm glad your show was a success!!!

You guys are great to work with Mike! Looking forwards to next year already. :lol: Get some rest! You deserve it my friend.
Thanks Les, will do for sure! Just got an email telling me our next container is on it's way, so it will have to be quick rest, HAHA!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

You need a quick power nap then lol
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Hello all! The 4th of July is just 2 short months away so it's time to start thinking about your pyro plans for 2024! For me, the wheels have already been turning and I will be going out to see Mike (Fitz) and the gang at Queen City Fireworks tomorrow. My neighbors and I will be picking up our stash for this year's 4th of July Party! It is going to be EPIC! I can't wait! I am so excited!!! I'm always like a little kid on Christmas! :lol: Be sure to visit Queen City Fireworks for all of your celebratory needs!

Here is their YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@queencityfireworks5542

Also, you MUST check out their Hammer and Anvil line of fireworks! You WILL NOT be disappointed. And yes... there is a YouTube Channel for that also. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/@hammerfireworks

Most of you on here have known me for a long time and I don't endorse products or businesses that I do not fully believe in. These guys are Pros! You get good bang for your buck and the quality of their cakes and mortar shells are unmatched!!! They beat the absolute heck out of places like Phantom. Trust me, I know first hand. ;) Anyway, I hope you guys pay these folks a visit.

Here is their website and Facebook page for more information:

https://www.queencityfireworks.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Queencityfireworks
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Another side note... Queen City Fireworks carries a lot of Raccoon Fireworks products as well. Raccoon fireworks quality is awesome, just like QC's Hammer and Anvil line of products. I highly recommend picking up both for your celebrations this year! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Thanks again Les, it was good to see you as always! We have more on the way, hopefully we can get everything in and sorted quick! The season will quickly be upon us!!!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mfitz730 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:53 pm Thanks again Les, it was good to see you as always! We have more on the way, hopefully we can get everything in and sorted quick! The season will quickly be upon us!!!
Always good to see you also Mike! Thanks again! We lit off a few "test subjects" Sat night and WOW! The cakes are simply amazing! :) :) :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Heck yeah! Gotta have some pre-show testing!!!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mfitz730 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:24 pm Heck yeah! Gotta have some pre-show testing!!!
It is a rite of passage as you know! ;)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page