AV Pyrotechnics Thread

Everything Outdoors including gardening, landscaping, fishing, camping, hunting, and more!
Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Re: AV Pyrotechnics Thread

Post by Mfitz730 »

Sorry I didn't get back sooner! We do carry some World Class products, but prices from their wholesaler went up quite a bit this year, so we did a lot of spot picking from their catalog. We have a lot of fountains, etc., I'd have to see the exact one to be sure. Like you said Les, lots of supply issues going on. We did just get some Death shells, Bam Bam tubes, and other odds and ends in this weekend, so we are still in good shape supply wise!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mfitz730 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:21 pm Sorry I didn't get back sooner! We do carry some World Class products, but prices from their wholesaler went up quite a bit this year, so we did a lot of spot picking from their catalog. We have a lot of fountains, etc., I'd have to see the exact one to be sure. Like you said Les, lots of supply issues going on. We did just get some Death shells, Bam Bam tubes, and other odds and ends in this weekend, so we are still in good shape supply wise!
No problem! It's your busiest time of year. :lol: I couldn't even get the Brew Ha Ha fountains this year. Def a lot of supply issues out there but the up side is... I am trying a lot of new things out this year so that part of it, I do like.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

https://local12.com/news/local/ohio-bil ... cincinnati

Big news for Ohio Pyros! DeWine is expected to sign the bill. Hopefully he doesn’t get cold feet lol
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Trevor wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:46 am https://local12.com/news/local/ohio-bil ... cincinnati

Big news for Ohio Pyros! DeWine is expected to sign the bill. Hopefully he doesn’t get cold feet lol
Awesome! Here in KY, they passed a state law years ago making consumer fireworks legal, however, local govt's can still say yes or no. Boone Co of course said No. But around the 4th, no one is going to stop you unless someone gets hurt or property damage occurs, etc.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

This is huge news for Ohio and the retail stores in and around the state! An industry insider told me recently that Gov. DeWine wouldn't sign it, but due to the overwhelming majority passage in the house, he won't even have to for it to become law. We will see how it goes!

Hopefully this is just the first step in rationalizing some of the fireworks laws in the state. On the professional side, I'd like to see them lift the moratorium on magazines for storage, currently no new magazines are permitted. On the retail side, it would be nice to be able to have more store fronts.

I may just be dreaming though!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Great news for the buckeye pyro's out there indeed! Keep us informed. Even though I am in KY, I'm still interested in hearing about this.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

Mfitz730 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:21 pm Sorry I didn't get back sooner! We do carry some World Class products, but prices from their wholesaler went up quite a bit this year, so we did a lot of spot picking from their catalog. We have a lot of fountains, etc., I'd have to see the exact one to be sure. Like you said Les, lots of supply issues going on. We did just get some Death shells, Bam Bam tubes, and other odds and ends in this weekend, so we are still in good shape supply wise!
In my original comment there is a picture. Adding it again. I hope you have it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Hope everybody had a safe and awesome show! Same goes if anyone else is doing theirs tonight. Hey Fitz... I think I am going to contact you in the off season. See if we can make a deal on a bunch of Excalibur shells. :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Sorry Angela! That was one we don't carry, but I will look into it for next year for sure. If I can get the factory code for it, I'll be able to see every wrap it has and see if we can order it in from somewhere!

On another note, yesterday was travel, today was set-up for the City of Paducah's fireworks! 5 firing positions, shells ranging from 3"-6"! Time to paint the sky tonight!

Everyone be safe celebrating! Enjoy the fireworks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

tron777 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:16 pm Hope everybody had a safe and awesome show! Same goes if anyone else is doing theirs tonight. Hey Fitz... I think I am going to contact you in the off season. See if we can make a deal on a bunch of Excalibur shells. :thumbsup:
Sounds good Les! We'll see what we can do for you!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mfitz730 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:18 pm
tron777 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:16 pm Hope everybody had a safe and awesome show! Same goes if anyone else is doing theirs tonight. Hey Fitz... I think I am going to contact you in the off season. See if we can make a deal on a bunch of Excalibur shells. :thumbsup:
Sounds good Les! We'll see what we can do for you!
Awesome! I don't think Phantom is going to carry them anymore and I had some leftover from last year. Those shells simply go higher up then the other ones I had this year. Those are a must have!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mfitz730 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:17 pm Sorry Angela! That was one we don't carry, but I will look into it for next year for sure. If I can get the factory code for it, I'll be able to see every wrap it has and see if we can order it in from somewhere!

On another note, yesterday was travel, today was set-up for the City of Paducah's fireworks! 5 firing positions, shells ranging from 3"-6"! Time to paint the sky tonight!

Everyone be safe celebrating! Enjoy the fireworks!
That is going to be so kick ass! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

City of Greenville is doing theirs tonight at the Great Darke Co Fairground. :unclesam: :usa:
Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

I really only got 3 pics from yesterday, one is above. But here are 2 more!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Wow! Now that's what I'm talking about! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

House of Cards
Heavy Rain

Post by House of Cards »

Mfitz730 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:08 am I really only got 3 pics from yesterday, one is above. But here are 2 more!
Very cool pics for those of us who are just the amazed bystanders! Glad everyone had great weather and safe shooting.
Located at intersection of Blue Rock Rd and I-275/SR 126 Hwy in Colerain
Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

A little 1.4 & 1.3 private party show tonight. Squeezed it in just before the heavens opened, which worked out! Got our cakes cooled down real quick post show!

Now we finally get a couple days off, then back at it for more pyro fun!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Awesome having the show right by the water. Perfect setting!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Working on a "little" show for the Labor Day weekend in Pennsylvania. For your pyro pleasure I have some pictures! I'll try to get some more as the weekend rolls on!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Little??? :lol: I'd hate to see what a big one looks like! :lol: Awesome job, Fritz, as always!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Dealt with some light sprinkles most of the day yesterday, but aside from a touch of smoke, the show was awesome! Only had a chance to grab a couple more photos due to working on waterproofing and quadruple checking said waterproofing. So here you go! Second one is a bit tough to see since it was getting dark, but it shows the fountain garden we were shooting inside of. It rivals the Bellagio, no joke! An incredible show!!!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Oh wow! That is so awesome! What a fantastic idea to do one of those. :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Pyro Season 2022 is upon us guys with Memorial Day Weekend coming up! With the inflation issues and supply chain issues... fireworks prices are going up. Hopefully all can score some good deals this year. Even I will be exploring other avenues for my party this year. :) Got to try and find some good deals here.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Queen City Fireworks is stocked and ready! On our Pro side, we have more shows than ever!

Oh! Angela! I found your Unicorn fountain and should have it soon! I ordered 3 cases of them! I'll let you know when we get it!

Looking forward to another successful, pyro packed year!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I will be coming tomorrow around midday! See you all there. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page