AV Pyrotechnics Thread

Everything Outdoors including gardening, landscaping, fishing, camping, hunting, and more!
tron777
Major Hurricane

AV Pyrotechnics Thread

Post by tron777 »

Fireworks, fireworks shows and all pyro related stuff! :D
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Re: AV Pyrotechnics Thread

Post by Mfitz730 »

Already working on 4th of July in my side of things! 2021 will hopefully bring a rebound to the professional show side of things for my business! On the other hand, the retail/consumer side for 2020 was incredible and I know at our store it was the biggest year we have had since we opened Queen City Fireworks a few years back!

Got a brand new line coming in, two containers of product are already on the way, we hope to have them late March. This will be a line of product exclusive to us which is awesome! We hope to have bulk and wholesale available too, we just have to see the stuff in person before we get to aggressive with sales (we may want to keep it for ourselves, lol).

We have videos available to start checking this new stuff out. We have 200 and 500 gram cakes coming in on the first couple containers, and hope to expand the line from there.

Check it out at www.hammerfireworks.com

AV members get 20% off discount, just tell them Fitz sent you in (I'll probably be there too, LOL)!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thanks Fitz for continuing to offer forum members discounts! :) Hopefully we can all celebrate this summer!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

No kidding! Even though I was lucky enough to do some shows last year, it just wasn't the same! There's something about running around like a mad man for the couple weeks leading up to the 4th that I just love! Lol!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mfitz730 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:42 am No kidding! Even though I was lucky enough to do some shows last year, it just wasn't the same! There's something about running around like a mad man for the couple weeks leading up to the 4th that I just love! Lol!
Hopefully a lot of folks can get their vaccine by then and more folks will have get togethers, etc I barely pulled off my party last summer lol
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Yesterday was new product day! Finally starting to see some new items come in. Looking forward to some testing soon to see how some of this stuff is. Lots of Pyro Demon and Pyro Diablo items came in, they are notorious for packing a punch, fingers crossed! :grin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Awesome! :thumbupleft: :extinguish:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Smohler
Rain Shower

Post by Smohler »

Ok folks- we do a decent show- last year about 2K. To some of you, that is small potatoes, but it is the most I am going to spend on blowing up stuff. I've always gone to Phantom in Bloomingburg, just up I-71 north from my house about 30 minutes. Just cause it is close and I don't know where else to go. I know several of you guys really know your stuff and so could you just tell me the better (best) places to go? Price wise of course. Last year was our first year setting them off remotely- this isn't my thing, my 2 nephews did it with racks and all that, it went well and I felt it was far safer. We like to do alot of "big" ones- ones that cost 100.00 to 200.00. Now Phantom regularly runs specials that are BOGO on those, that's how I justify that. Can anyone lead me in the right direction on best place to buy? We'd drive an hour at most I think. I really appreciate it. And do you all fear a big shortage this year?
Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

$2k is a SOLID budget for a "backyard show". It's all about making the money work for you in product selection, different effects, etc. You should have no problem filling the sky with a really nice display at that level.

That all being said, there are a lot of changes this year with prices, limited quantities, lack of "sales", etc. I can tell you that my store (Queen City Fireworks) in Greendale, IN is fully stocked now, and we have the same variety as in years past, but we have also seen price increases from suppliers, therefore shelf prices have gone up a bit. The big thing this year is finding places that aren't passing along huge increases to customers. I know there are some retailers that have doubled the price on some items, and frankly, that is just not right.

My best advice is to shop around. I'm not saying come see me (we greatly appreciate it if you do :) ), but definitely look around. Lots of stores run better deals than Phantom, but it's based on price structure vs. B1G1 deals. Not knocking Phantom at all, I shopped with them for years before going into the professional side myself.

PM me if you'd like more details!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We're about a month away from our favorite time of year foilks! My party is on 7/3 this year, Saturday. My neighbor bowed out this year, will be out of town, so it's back to my gig this year. :lol: Going to try and do an inventory here after work tomorrow and this weekend get my stash purchased! Hope all have a safe season this year and post a few pics of your stash, prep, show, set up.. whatever that you want in this thread. We are all here to discuss what we love... BOOM!!!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

It is heating up! Store is stocked and ready to go, and on the pro side, we are back to pre-covid levels! Strap in for the ride, this is a fun month!!!

PS - I'll try to get some pics of our pro show setups on here too!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thanks for sharing, Fitz! Folks... if you need some fireworks big or small for your party or get together, go see that guy at Queen City Fireworks! Send him a PM, thanks. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

Mfitz730 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:39 pm It is heating up! Store is stocked and ready to go, and on the pro side, we are back to pre-covid levels! Strap in for the ride, this is a fun month!!!

Hey man! I’m actually not going a show this year but will be attending Red, White, and Blue Ash. My mom is a council member in Blue Ash so I’ve been following her updates on what’s going to happen. Glad the show is a go! Will you be working it?
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Trevor wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:13 pm
Mfitz730 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:39 pm It is heating up! Store is stocked and ready to go, and on the pro side, we are back to pre-covid levels! Strap in for the ride, this is a fun month!!!

Hey man! I’m actually not going a show this year but will be attending Red, White, and Blue Ash. My mom is a council member in Blue Ash so I’ve been following her updates on what’s going to happen. Glad the show is a go! Will you be working it?
I can't believe I just read that! :o
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:34 pm

Lol! Yeah I’m gonna head to a pool party at my folks house and then a huge crew of us are gonna venture to our desired spot to watch the big booms at Summit Park. Takin the year off from doing my own show.

Edit: I have leftovers from last year so will of course pop off some stuff before the fourth. But yeah my racks are gonna be empty this year. I’m going to let a buddy of mine borrow them for his show since I have no need for them this fourth.
Silverton, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Changes for me too this year. My neighbor bowed out since they are out of town so it's back to my Gig for this year instead of a joint effort. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:12 pm Changes for me too this year. My neighbor bowed out since they are out of town so it's back to my Gig for this year instead of a joint effort. :lol:
Roger that. If my buddy doesn’t need my racks, I’ll gladly let you use mine this year. I know you already have plenty, but a few more wouldn’t hurt 👍
Silverton, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Trevor wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:14 pm
tron777 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:12 pm Changes for me too this year. My neighbor bowed out since they are out of town so it's back to my Gig for this year instead of a joint effort. :lol:
Roger that. If my buddy doesn’t need my racks, I’ll gladly let you use mine this year. I know you already have plenty, but a few more wouldn’t hurt 👍
I would probably have to buy more shells.... I have over 100 right now and they are all going to be used.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Got to pull out the flamethrowers and a couple other goodies yesterday for Louisville City FC! Man it was a hot one, but it was a great show!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

That would be one cool tool to own right there! :thumbsup: :extinguish:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

We are trying to find the Unicorn Fountain. It looks a bit childish but it's a solid little fountain. We usually go to Party at Trav's in Lawrenceburg and they didn't have it. We went across the street to Phantom and they didn't either.
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Angelika wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:14 pm We are trying to find the Unicorn Fountain. It looks a bit childish but it's a solid little fountain. We usually go to Party at Trav's in Lawrenceburg and they didn't have it. We went across the street to Phantom and they didn't either.
Fireworks shortages have been a thing this season. Some of the stuff I normally get for my show, I couldn't get and I'm trying a lot of new things this year as a result. I did some digging and that fountain is made by World Class Fireworks. That company has been having mass supply issues! I couldn't buy the Excalibur Mortar Shells this year (made by the same company). My fireworks guy that I deal with at my local Phantom location told me that the company charges Phantom too much for their products so they aren't really carrying their products anymore and they have issues with their supplies too as I mentioned.

Hey Fitz - Do you carry their products at Queen City Fireworks? If so, please let Ang know. Thanks. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

Hey Les, Party at Trav's had the Excalibur shells when we were there today. We bought a few things. We'll get more this Friday when we get paid.
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Awesome! Thanks for the tip! I may look for them there next year then. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page