NFL Divisional Round

Sports Talk of all kinds!
tpweather
Hurricane

NFL Divisional Round

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and thought why not talk about the 4 games this weekend and hear everyone's thoughts on those four games.

1st game JAX @ KC- Most folks considered this to be the least contested game of the week. KC of course has Mahomes and plenty of fire power on offense. The KC defense does have problems in the secondary and why many high scoring teams have a chance. Jax with the new coach got hot late in the year and beat the Chargers whose coach was terrible in the second half. Jax will score but the defense is not good enough to hold Kc from scoring. Final KC 35 JAX 24

2nd game NYG @ PHIL. The Eagles were the number 1 team in the NFL most of the year and play well on both sides of the ball. The problem the QB got hurt and I believe its his shoulder. The Giants imo was the surprise of the league this year and the coach has a good feel of game conditions and never seems lost. The Giants probably keep it close because of that and will go PHIL 24 NYG 20

3rd game CIN @ BUF Most on here know the Bengals and how Burrow is such a great QB. He has plenty of weapons in receivers but a decent running game. The problem is 3 starting offensive linemen are out and the blocking is going to be a problem. The defense in the middle is one of the best imo and the best 2 linebackers in the league. The problem is outside with the corners and you have a QB on the Bills that can throw it a mile. The Bills early on seemed to be the best AFC team but lost a key member on defense when Von Miller a great pass rusher was lost for the season. The running game is not great and they do not have a great offensive line or has many good receivers as the Bengals. I believe the Bengals will blitz more often this game with Mike Hilton being the main guy and though he is small in terms of NFL players he knows how to tackle at the ankle.
Good go on and on about this game but at the end I believe the final score will be Buffalo 31 Cincinnati 28 on a last second FG.

4th game Dallas @ SF. Dallas is starting to peak and though they had the one bad game at Wash a few weeks ago they are talented on both sides of the ball. Dax Prescott though talented can throw pics at the wrong time. SF and a rookie QB is usually not a good formula to win playoff games but he has some talent and they have enough offensive players to score without him being the main person. SF imo has the best defense in the league and combine that with a offense that can score they are a scary team. I believe Dallas will blitz the young QB to shake him up This should be a great game and at the end of the day expect Dak to be Dak and throw a late 4th QT interception and the final SF 27 DAL 21

Love to hear other comments on the game
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: NFL Divisional Round

Post by tron777 »

JAX @ KC: Jacksonville sure plays with a lot of heart and KC had better be ready. Momentum is high for the Jags coming into the game with their win last week. You would expect Kc to win this game because of Maholmes, but the Jags defense as long as they show up, will make it a close game. Expecting KC to win 28 to 21.

Giants @ Eagles: The Eagles are absolutely the best team in the league this year. However, this has always been a good rivalry game! Daniel Jones at QB for the Giants has improved. As long as he can hold on to the football and now throw any INT's the Giants will hang in there for a closer game then you might think. I have to favor Philly though because they are just so good on offense with Hurts at QB, AJ Brown at WR, and at RB Miles Sanders. Their defense has also played well. Going to go with 42 to 28 in favor of the Eagles.

For our game, Cincy at the Bills... this by far is the game of the week. Both teams know what's at stake. Both teams are wonderful on offense. The biggest question for Cincinnati is can they win the battle in the trenches? Can their offensive line protect Joe Cool and stop the outstanding pass rush that you usually get from the Bills defensive front. That, IMO will determine who wins the game. I also think this one will be close. Evan McPherson had better be on top of his game! Buf's kicker Tyler Bass is much more accurate in the kicking game. Going to go with Cincy here in a close one 24-21.

For the last game, the Cowgirls at the Niners, Two very good offences here. I really like watching Brock Purdy play the QB position for San Fran. He is calm, cool, and collected in the pocket and remains me of a young Tom Brady. Niners D is also way better then Dallas's. Dallas's defense had better show up if they are to win this game and Dak Prescott and company had better not turn the ball over if they are going to have a chance. They need to run the ball too with Zeke and Tony Pollard but IMO that is going to be tough against the Niners D. Going to go with San Fran winning 35 to 21.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Divisional Playoffs

Sat Jan 21st

Jax @ KC 27-20! ;)

NYG @ Phi 38-7! ;)

Sun Jan 22nd

Cin @ Buf 27-10!! 8-)

Dal @ SF 19-12! ;)

Eric's Picks for Divisional Playoffs: Chiefs, Eagles, My Bengals and 49'ers.

4 out of 4 for me for Divisional Playoffs! :thumbupleft:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:27 am, edited 6 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Wow! I had 28 to 21 Chiefs and the score ended up being 27-20 Chiefs. Why can't my weather forecasts be that good? :lol: Even though Maholmes rolled his ankle the team rallied around him and the back up Chad Hennie was fantastic! Great D by KC as well. The Jags had their chances but too many turnovers did them in.

Next game up should be another good one with the Eagles and Giants.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Wow Tim... we may bust bad on the Eagles / Giants game. So far it is all Eagles 21-0. The giants must have stayed at home. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:18 pm Wow Tim... we may bust bad on the Eagles / Giants game. So far it is all Eagles 21-0. The giants must have stayed at home. :lol:
Les I gave so much credit to the head coach and then is does a bonehead call on 4th down instead of punting and after that say goodnight.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:42 pm
tron777 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:18 pm Wow Tim... we may bust bad on the Eagles / Giants game. So far it is all Eagles 21-0. The giants must have stayed at home. :lol:
Les I gave so much credit to the head coach and then is does a bonehead call on 4th down instead of punting and after that say goodnight.
Yep. 28-0 at the half. Probably lights out for the Giants at this point.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Now 31-7 Eagles with 5 minutes left in the 4th.

UPDATE: Eagles 38-7 final!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Man... if Philly continues to play at that level, they will be tough to beat!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:32 am Man... if Philly continues to play at that level, they will be tough to beat!
I believe the main question going into the game was the QB and he answered that question. They are well rounded as a team and the coach seems like he knows what the heck he is doing.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Horrible officiating and the Bengals still kicked butt! Whodey!!!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Snow-covered field got a bit crazy but was pretty! :)

WHODEY as Joe and Crew got it done despite 3 offensive linemen sidelined!! :thumbupleft:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:30 pm Snow-covered field got a bit crazy but was pretty! :)

WHODEY as Joe and Crew got it done despite 3 offensive linemen sidelined!! :thumbupleft:
WHODEY!!!!!!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Championship Playoffs

Sun Jan 29th

SF @ Phi 31-7! ;)

Cin @ KC 23-20! :x

Eric's Picks for Championship Playoffs: Eagles and My Bengals.

1 out of 2 for me for Championship Playoffs! :|
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Eric, I'll have to go with the same. Both the Eagles and the Bengals are the best teams in football at this time. No doubt about it.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page