AV Fishing and Hunting Talk

Everything Outdoors including gardening, landscaping, fishing, camping, hunting, and more!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: AV Fishing and Hunting Talk

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:29 pm Congratulations Les and Crew!! :thumbupleft: 8-)
Thanks Bro! They are off to Green Bay for the World Walleye Championship in about a week from now and that'll wrap up the 2022 season.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:19 pm We got second place for Team of the Year.
Awesome, congrats Les!!! :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:55 am
tron777 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:19 pm We got second place for Team of the Year.
Awesome, congrats Les!!! :)
Thanks Mike! Hopefully we can find the bigger fish next time. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

My Brother and his partner Dan are there in Green Bay, WI for the World Walleye Championship! It's the final event of the year for the MWC on Green Bay. Weigh in starts at 4:30pm our time. They are boat # 25. There are only 38 boats total. Winner is guaranteed 20 Grand! It is a three day event.

Link to watch Weigh in: (If it doesn't work go to their Facebook page, Masters Walleye Circuit)

https://masterswalleyecircuit.com/mwc-live/
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Hey Les,did you the story about the guys who were caught cheating in a fishing contest.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:53 am Hey Les,did you the story about the guys who were caught cheating in a fishing contest.
Yes! I used to fish that circuit too year ago with my Dad and my Brother. Did you see the YouTube Video of the weigh in? Here it is! There is bad language so no kids in the room esp towards the end when they get busted., They cut the fish open and find the lead weight and walleye fillets inside. Truly awful and a despicable thing to do. It really upset me.

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

That guys lucky his own belly wasn't sliced open. What an A-hole. Are they going to s have to start running?these fish through a metal detector
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:19 am That guys lucky his own belly wasn't sliced open. What an A-hole. Are they going to s have to start running?these fish through a metal detector
I've seen metal detector's used at other tournaments before. Here is another podcast with the LEWT Tournament Director, Jason Fischer and Walleye Slam Director, Craig Lewis, owner of Erie Outfitters bait and tackle shop. I know both of these guys.

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Man this is spreading like wildfire on social media.

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Man I hope the DNR or Fish and wildlife or whatever else organization comes down hard on these guys . No holding back, this is cheating in a professional sport!!!!!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:49 pm Man I hope the DNR or Fish and wildlife or whatever else organization comes down hard on these guys . No holding back, this is cheating in a professional sport!!!!!
From what I've heard, ODNR is in a meeting today with police and are discussing this investigation.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I heard it about, too, on the news and am also shocked. First time in my life that I'd ever heard of an angler / anglers in that kind of event setting trying to bamboozle rules by doing that kind of thing.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:53 am I heard it about, too, on the news and am also shocked. First time in my life that I'd ever heard of an angler / anglers in that kind of event setting trying to bamboozle rules by doing that kind of thing.
I've heard of it happening before but it has never hit this close to home so to speak.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:25 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:53 am I heard it about, too, on the news and am also shocked. First time in my life that I'd ever heard of an angler / anglers in that kind of event setting trying to bamboozle rules by doing that kind of thing.
I've heard of it happening before but it has never hit this close to home so to speak.
Hopefully for starters, those guys Chase and Jake get banned from future fishing tournaments in general!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:10 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:25 am
Hopefully for starters, those guys Chase and Jake get banned from future fishing tournaments in general!
They are black balled for life on the tournament circuit. You can count on that!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I found an update on this.... Chase's boat was seized as evidence. Possible criminal charges forthcoming in OH and PA. We'll see!

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:00 pm I found an update on this.... Chase's boat was seized as evidence. Possible criminal charges forthcoming in OH and PA. We'll see!

I saw a report, too, about those guys a few minutes ago at the WHIO7 website and posted it at my FB wall.

Glad they're being thoroughly investigated and hopefully will get tried and punished for that 'stunt' they tried to pull over on tournament officials!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Eric, Bgoney, and anyone else who is following this story... these two guys no doubt, will be made an example of. I cannot wait to see what happens with this!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Looks like the boys have been indicted on Attempted Grand Theft Charges.

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending/fish ... TSBLGYDHY/
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:53 am Looks like the boys have been indicted on Attempted Grand Theft Charges.

I saw that, hope even more charges can be piled on. You know these SOBs have done this before after seeing some of their other tournament finishes.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:26 pm
tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:53 am Looks like the boys have been indicted on Attempted Grand Theft Charges.

I saw that, hope even more charges can be piled on. You know these SOBs have done this before after seeing some of their other tournament finishes.
It's been long thought that they have been doing this for at least a couple of years. Cheated winnings may total in the hundreds of thousands of dollars if they can uncover everything.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:42 pm

It's been long thought that they have been doing this for at least a couple of years. Cheated winnings may total in the hundreds of thousands of dollars if they can uncover everything.
Have to wonder if that pair were dishonest a lot during their childhoods, too. Cheating at tests, game playing e.g. etc.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:01 pm
tron777 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:42 pm

Have to wonder if that pair were dishonest a lot during their childhoods, too. Cheating at tests, game playing e.g. etc.
I'd have to dig to find it, but I saw a video where Jake was caught cheating on his wife. Well he spoke of doing it with other women basically when talking with a bunch of other fishermen one time a long time ago. These guys are total scum IMHO...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Cheating sandal update... they both plead not guilty and were released on $2500 bond.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/loc ... tournament
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:56 am Cheating sandal update... they both plead not guilty and were released on $2500 bond.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/loc ... tournament
Yea I also heard the most they could get was 1 year in prison, whooptee doo and 2500 in fines , another whooptee doo