AV Fishing and Hunting Talk

Everything Outdoors including gardening, landscaping, fishing, camping, hunting, and more!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: AV Fishing and Hunting Talk

Post by tron777 »

airwolf76 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:48 am I have been out a few times for trout and have done well each outing. I was just out Friday morning at my favorite creek and caught about 8 of them and kept 2 for eating one was 14 and the other almost 17 inches. I was actually on a hunt for morels which just happen to be near my favorite fishing spots. there were no morels to be found which was a huge downer. I may have been too late or maybe they dont come up every year I dont know.
We had a highly successful morel season in the Cincy area. Had a great hunt on a friends property out in Pike Co. The season here is done.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Leaving for st. Clair Thurs morning for 3 days. Kind of a spur of the moment thing.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:41 pm Leaving for st. Clair Thurs morning for 3 days. Kind of a spur of the moment thing.
Awesome! Good luck to you and your group. :thumbsup: I look forward to a lot of small mouth and walleye fun from you upon your return. :lol:

Meanwhile, my Brother is in Green Bay prefishing the MWC Green Bay tournament held later this week.. Rough seas and a tough bite is the current report. I hope that changes in the next few days.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Thursday was the best day for me , a personal high of 20 smallies and 11 rock bass. Caught just a few Friday as the winds were 20mph and gusting 25. It was pretty rough to holding to where you wanted to be , and my skill level just doesn't match those kinds of conditions , but my buddies still did pretty good.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:30 pm Thursday was the best day for me , a personal high of 20 smallies and 11 rock bass. Caught just a few Friday as the winds were 20mph and gusting 25. It was pretty rough to holding to where you wanted to be , and my skill level just doesn't match those kinds of conditions , but my buddies still did pretty good.
Awesome! Any size to 'em? My Brother and his tournament partner did very well at the Green Bay MWC Tournament this past week. They got 4th place out of 52 boats. In 2 weeks is Lake Huron, Oscoda, MI.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:59 pm
Bgoney wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:30 pm Thursday was the best day for me , a personal high of 20 smallies and 11 rock bass. Caught just a few Friday as the winds were 20mph and gusting 25. It was pretty rough to holding to where you wanted to be , and my skill level just doesn't match those kinds of conditions , but my buddies still did pretty good.
Awesome! Any size to 'em? My Brother and his tournament partner did very well at the Green Bay MWC Tournament this past week. They got 4th place out of 52 boats. In 2 weeks is Lake Huron, Oscoda, MI.
A few 4 and 4.25lb and lots of 2 and 3 pounders
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:40 pm
Outstanding! I have a monster smallie on the wall from Lake Erie. It went over 7 pounds! :o Any smallie over 4 pounds is a beauty to me.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:29 am
Outstanding! I have a monster smallie on the wall from Lake Erie. It went over 7 pounds! :o Any smallie over 4 pounds is a beauty to me.
Can't imagine fighting a 7 pounder, biggest one I've caught 5.50
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:01 am
tron777 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:29 am
Can't imagine fighting a 7 pounder, biggest one I've caught 5.50
It was a long time ago... probably been 20 years lol We were walleye fishing out by Kelley's Island. Got a little close to shore with the planer board and he hit. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

The only largemouth I've ever 'caught' was a Billy Bass one. :lol: :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

My Brother and his partner got 6th place at the MWC event in Oscoda, MI (Lake Huron)! :D It was a combo Michigan Walleye Trail / Masters Walleye Circuit event and there were over 100 boats in the contest. Not sure if we will go to Cass Lake in MN in mid Sept but I have a weeks vacation I can use if they decide to go. It'll depend on if they have a shot at the Team of the Year title which they won if you recall at Cass Lake last year. ;) We won't know until mid Aug. There is another tournament where other anglers will earn points. They aren't fishing that one at Lake Oahe.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:53 pm My Brother and his partner got 6th place at the MWC event in Oscoda, MI (Lake Huron)! :D It was a combo Michigan Walleye Trail / Masters Walleye Circuit event and there were over 100 boats in the contest. Not sure if we will go to Cass Lake in MN in mid Sept but I have a weeks vacation I can use if they decide to go. It'll depend on if they have a shot at the Team of the Year title which they won if you recall at Cass Lake last year. ;) We won't know until mid Aug. There is another tournament where other anglers will earn points. They aren't fishing that one at Lake Oahe.
Congrats to Larry Jr and Dan on their 6th place finish!! 8-)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:39 am
tron777 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:53 pm My Brother and his partner got 6th place at the MWC event in Oscoda, MI (Lake Huron)! :D It was a combo Michigan Walleye Trail / Masters Walleye Circuit event and there were over 100 boats in the contest. Not sure if we will go to Cass Lake in MN in mid Sept but I have a weeks vacation I can use if they decide to go. It'll depend on if they have a shot at the Team of the Year title which they won if you recall at Cass Lake last year. ;) We won't know until mid Aug. There is another tournament where other anglers will earn points. They aren't fishing that one at Lake Oahe.
Congrats to Larry Jr and Dan on their 6th place finish!! 8-)
Thank you Bro! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Wow congrats to them for winning 6th place! I would prob finish 100th place out of 100! :lol:
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:15 am
Wow congrats to them for winning 6th place! I would prob finish 100th place out of 100! :lol:
LOL! Thanks Mike! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

As mentioned elsewhere on the forum, leaving Sat for Cass Lake, MN. My Brother and his partner are vying for Team of the Year again in the MWC. The top 3 teams that can win those honors are:

1st place has a total of 597 points.
2nd place is my Brother with 592 points
3rd place team has 590 points.

MWC Cass Lake is the last regular season tournament of the year so the Team of the Year will be announced at this tournament. The tournament is Sept 16-17th and you can watch the action here:

https://masterswalleyecircuit.com/mwc-live/

Or on MWC's Facebook LIVE!

https://www.facebook.com/MastersWalleyeCircuit
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:40 am As mentioned elsewhere on the forum, leaving Sat for Cass Lake, MN. My Brother and his partner are vying for Team of the Year again in the MWC. The top 3 teams that can win those honors are:

1st place has a total of 597 points.
2nd place is my Brother with 592 points
3rd place team has 590 points.

MWC Cass Lake is the last regular season tournament of the year so the Team of the Year will be announced at this tournament. The tournament is Sept 16-17th and you can watch the action here:

https://masterswalleyecircuit.com/mwc-live/

Or on MWC's Facebook LIVE!

https://www.facebook.com/MastersWalleyeCircuit
Hope it is a successful trip, Les!! Have fun!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Hey Mike, thank you! I always have a great time going there! Oh... forgot to mention, the weight in's on 9/16-9/17 will start approx 4pm EDT.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Have an awesome time, Les, Larry and Dan!! :boating: 8-)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:46 pm Have an awesome time, Les, Larry and Dan!! :boating: 8-)
Thank you Bro! My folks are coming along as well this time. Dad will love the fishing there! :smilefish:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I have marked the tournament boundary in Red. Anything inside the Red area is fishable waters for the tournament. As you can see a lot of water to cover in various lakes.

CassLake Boundry.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We got second place for Team of the Year.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Congratulations, nice job!!!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Congratulations Les and Crew!! :thumbupleft: 8-)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:11 pm Congratulations, nice job!!!
Thanks! We just couldn't locate the bigger fish this year.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page