Customer home delivery service

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Customer home delivery service

Post by MVWxObserver »

If anyone here at AV ever orders an appliance from Home Depot i.e. to be home-delivered, you'd be wise to mark that franchise off your list of options. My folks and I had a new oven range delivered this afternoon but the customer-'friendly' 'service' wasn't much to write home about.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Customer home delivery service

Post by tron777 »

Did anything happen as in damage or leaving a mess in your home? Does the range not work properly? Or were the installers just assholes?
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:27 pm Did anything happen as in damage or leaving a mess in your home? Does the range not work properly? Or were the installers just assholes?
In our case, the installers attitude chips re any customer observation of them installing the new appliance. They put in the oven range and hooked it up correctly, thankfully. We had never ever encountered such an attitude before when it came to customer service from anyone. We've used Home Depot in the past and their customer service was much better. But since the Covid pandemic, customer service has gone downhill. No user manual was offered either for our new oven. So my dad ordered one from the Home Depot we used in Piqua, OH.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

So they were just rude? I agree that cust service has gone down the tubes unfortunately. It is all about profit anymore.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:04 pm So they were just rude? I agree that cust service has gone down the tubes unfortunately. It is all about profit anymore.
Yes, they were downright rude. One of the guys was the boss and so, unfortunately, there was no supervisor of theirs to contact.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

That sucks... but it is all too common anymore.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

That sucks Eric, I consider myself lucky when it comes to Appliance shopping , we've used the same mom and pop Appliance store for the last 30 years and i think they've been in business for 50 +. No complaints from me
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:53 pm That sucks Eric, I consider myself lucky when it comes to Appliance shopping , we've used the same mom and pop Appliance store for the last 30 years and i think they've been in business for 50 +. No complaints from me
I miss those kind of places that they used to have around here when I was a kid. It was like that. Now you're still with the big corp giants. :( That personal touch is gone.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:10 pm
Bgoney wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:53 pm That sucks Eric, I consider myself lucky when it comes to Appliance shopping , we've used the same mom and pop Appliance store for the last 30 years and i think they've been in business for 50 +. No complaints from me
I miss those kind of places that they used to have around here when I was a kid. It was like that. Now you're still with the big corp giants. :( That personal touch is gone.
It really is. This place is really small , guessing about a 1500 SQ ft "showroom" and stuff is crammed in there, barely enough room to walk. Choices are few, but there smart, they have the low cost plain choice in a couple designs, a medium cost upgrade in a couple designs and of course the expensive with all the bells and whistles design . You're not overwhelmed with choices, but have the top name models. Usually go with middle
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

You're quite fortunate, Bgoney.

We may use Menard's i.e. in the future.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:31 pm
You're quite fortunate, Bgoney.

We may use Menard's i.e. in the future.
In hindsight my folks should have used a mom and pop store called Hansbarger Home Solutions here in Greenville. They've used that store in the past, but for some strange reason dad doesn't like that business.

We test-tried to use the oven self-cleaning feature this evening and it failed. A while later we smelled a metallic burning odor coming from it. Going to call Home Depot on Wed and talk with them about this appliance.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My dad printed out instructions for our new oven and so this morning he and mom turned on the blower feature and aerated it out as the metallic odor that I mentioned last night was just the newness smell of the oven. My folks got the hang of it how to operate it now and so all is good. :) I'll gradually learn how to operate it as well. :) It is a GE model.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Cool! Glad it all ended well at least. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page