MLB 2022 Discussion

Sports Talk of all kinds!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: MLB 2022 Discussion

Post by tron777 »

Tigers lose the game 9-7 and the series. We are 0 for 2 now in series wins. :( We are on the road as well to KC with a big 4 game series with the Royals. Thurs night at 8:10pm is first pitch. Casey Mize will get things cooking!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Tigers beat KC 4-2. Game 2 is tonight at 8:10pm with Tarik Skubal taking the mound.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

The guys started their West coast road trip on a crappy note as they got killed 9-3 last night! :roll:

Still currently in last place, now at 2-5.

Vladimir Gutierrez takes on Tony Gonsolin at 10:10 Fri.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Tigers win game 2 by a score of 2-1! Miggy has hit # 2,995 so he's close to getting to the 3K club. He already has over 500 homers. Game of 4 is today at 4:10pm. Matt Manning will get it going for Detroit.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

The guys lost another last night, this time 3-1! :x

Joey Votto, understandably, had some words with Dodgers starting pitcher Tyler Anderson after Anderson threw a ball near his head while Votto was at bat.

Now at 2-6. :roll:

Prayerfully Hunter Greene can have another great outing, as he did in his debut in Atlanta, vs Julio Urias at 10:10 Sat.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Let's hope MY Tigers can win 3 in a row and the Redlegs get back on the winning track! Come on man! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Tigers lose 3-1. We can win the series today at 2:10pm with Tyler Alexander getting the start.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Guys lost 5-2 last night. :roll:

Now at 2-7.

Hopefully can avoid getting swept as Tyler Mahle takes the mound vs Andrew Heaney in the rubber match at 4:10 Easter Sun.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Talk about getting rotten Easter egged big time in the face as the guys got splattered 9-1!! :roll:

So far swept in 2 by the "Indians" at home last week and now in 4 by the Dodgers in LA! :evil:

Now 2-8.

Next is a 3 game series @ the Padres to wrap up this so far puke n choke of a road trip.

Nick Lodolo squares away vs Sean Manaea at 9:40 Mon.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:42 pm Talk about getting rotten Easter egged big time in the face as the guys got splattered 9-1!! :roll:

So far swept in 2 by the "Indians" at home last week and now in 4 by the Dodgers in LA! :evil:

Now 2-8.

Next is a 3 game series @ the Padres to wrap up this so far puke n choke of a road trip.

Gonna be a long year bro..... :(
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:06 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:42 pm Talk about getting rotten Easter egged big time in the face as the guys got splattered 9-1!! :roll:

Now 2-8.

Gonna be a long year bro..... :(
Hi Mike,

Yep and currently in this early season our guys have the worst stats in the entire MLB. :(

Even though a lifelong fan of the Redlegs since the late 1960s, this year I'm considering following my cousins' Cards on the side (they live in O'Fallon, MO near St Louis) just to have a team to be cheerful and sane about this baseball season. :thumbupright:

I don't look for the stands to be very full this season at TGABP with Redlegs fans. A shame that Mediocre Castellini has made this team a small farm market for big market teams.

Cincy's last great owner was probably Marge Schott, despite her eccentricities.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

The guys lost 4-1 last night. :(

Now at 2-9 and the worst in the MLB. :oops:

Reiver Sanmartin takes the mound vs Joe Musgrove at 9:40 Tues.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

The guys dropped another one, this time 6-2. :x

Now at 2-10 ...

Vladimir Gutierrez squares away vs MacKenzie Gore in the rubber match at 4:10 Wed.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:11 pm
Hi Mike,

Yep and currently in this early season our guys have the worst stats in the entire MLB. :(

Even though a lifelong fan of the Redlegs since the late 1960s, this year I'm considering following my cousins' Cards on the side (they live in O'Fallon, MO near St Louis) just to have a team to be cheerful and sane about this baseball season. :thumbupright:

I don't look for the stands to be very full this season at TGABP with Redlegs fans. A shame that Mediocre Castellini has made this team a small farm market for big market teams.

All I hear from ownership is - we are a small market and we had no ticket sales in 2020 so we have to slash payroll. But in order for us to get competitive again you have to buy tickets and beer, pay full price to watch a AAA baseball team, and then in a few years we may dangle some free agents in front of your face.

So if this is a small market problem - why hasn't this affected teams like the Milwaukee Brewers? Last I saw their metro population was a lot smaller than Cincy's. Is their TV package a lot more than ours? The Brewers certainly seem to be able to get some pricey free agents.

And isn't there revenue sharing among all the teams? If the well is dry, where is this money going in Reds Land?
https://dodgerblue.com/mlb-teams-receiv ... %20sharing.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:15 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:11 pm
Hi Mike,

All I hear from ownership is - we are a small market and we had no ticket sales in 2020 so we have to slash payroll. But in order for us to get competitive again you have to buy tickets and beer, pay full price to watch a AAA baseball team, and then in a few years we may dangle some free agents in front of your face.

So if this is a small market problem - why hasn't this affected teams like the Milwaukee Brewers? Last I saw their metro population was a lot smaller than Cincy's. Is their TV package a lot more than ours? The Brewers certainly seem to be able to get some pricey free agents.

And isn't there revenue sharing among all the teams? If the well is dry, where is this money going in Reds Land?
https://dodgerblue.com/mlb-teams-receiv ... %20sharing.
I hear ya bro! :thumbupright:

Bob is so full of weak excuses! He's turned the team into a Bad News Bears "minor league" one.

Along with others, I've weighed in a lot on what Castellini has done via FB on the Cincy Reds pages.

I posted there an idea re fans start having stock shares in the Reds and owning the team, like what fans and their ownership of the Packers i.e. have been doing over recent years. ;)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

The guys got blanked 6-0 on Wed! 3 in a row series sweeps via the "Indians", Dodgers and Padres! :evil: :roll:

Now at an even more pathetic 2-11 / .154

Thank goodness for an off day Thurs!

Next is a 6 game home stand starting with 3 vs the leading Cardinals.

Hunter Greene takes on Steven Matz at 6:40 Fri.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Forgot to mention earlier about the other night in San Diego when Padres 1st baseman Luke Voit barreled into Redlegs catcher Tyler Stephenson at home plate! I don't agree at all with the umps and Bell saying what he did wasn't outside of MLB rules. Voit should definitely be suspended and heavily fined for that serious and ridiculous collision! As a result Stephenson is on a 7 day DL concussion watch.

Padres may, understandably, get an icy reception in Cincy next week. And Voit booed every time he's at bat in that series.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:34 pm Forgot to mention earlier about the other night in San Diego when Padres 1st baseman Luke Voit barreled into Redlegs catcher Tyler Stephenson at home plate! I don't agree at all with the umps and Bell saying what he did wasn't outside of MLB rules. Voit should definitely be suspended and heavily fined for that serious and ridiculous collision! As a result Stephenson is on a 7 day DL concussion watch.

Padres may, understandably, get an icy reception in Cincy next week. And Voit booed every time he's at bat in that series.
Eric I agree 100p/c. When they built this stadium it went up as a hitters ballpark. So trying to get a number 1 or even number 2 guy to come in here from somewhere else is almost impossible. We got rid of the hitters on the team this past season so even though its a hitters ballpark we are lucky to score 3 runs in our own ballpark. I miss Marge and though she could drive you crazy sometimes I really believed she cared about the team.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:18 am Eric I agree 100p/c. When they built this stadium it went up as a hitters ballpark. So trying to get a number 1 or even number 2 guy to come in here from somewhere else is almost impossible. We got rid of the hitters on the team this past season so even though its a hitters ballpark we are lucky to score 3 runs in our own ballpark. I miss Marge and though she could drive you crazy sometimes I really believed she cared about the team.
Agreed! The initial plan was to build Great American "Small" park to favor the bashers at the time in the Reds lineup (i.e. Griffey Jr and Dunn). A top caliper pitcher wouldn't think of pitching here as their ERA would likely increase 1 or 2 points in home games.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Hi Tim and Mike,

Totally agree bros!

I miss Marge, too.

My folks bought a brand new Buick from her and her husband's dealership in the late 1960s when we lived in North College Hill. :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Dropped their 10th in a row as they went down 4-2! :fireface:

Now 2-12 / .143

Tyler Mahle squares away vs Dakota Hudson at 4:10 Sat.

Castalossi truly IS a psychology case causing a team with so much potential to be so lowly due to his obsession with fire sales! :teeth:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Despite promising Reds' fans "We're buying the Reds to win. Anything else is unacceptable, "the Reds have the 22nd most wins during his ownership (record: 1193-1297), five winning seasons (tied for 22nd in the league),[when?] and are one of only seven teams to fail to make their league's championship series.

Following the end of the 2022 MLB lockout, the Reds went on an apparent fire sale, leading to several fan protests over Castellini's ownership of the team and asking him to sell.

A shame Bob can't strive like Mike Brown ~ via the 2021-2022 season i.e., to actually have a DRIVE TO WIN!!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Congrats to Les's Tigers as they blew away the Rockies 13-0 today!! 8-)

Great to see owner Christopher Ilitch on top of his game this season! :thumbupleft:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Got blanked 5-0!! :steamingears: Oldest team in the country via 1869 and Castalossi has made that team an absolute "laughingstock" embarrassment in the whole MLB this season!! :roll: :(

11th loss in a row!

Now at a meager 2-13 / .133

Nick Lodolo takes the mound vs Adam Wainwright in the blasted rubber match at 1:40 Sun!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Miggy also got his 3000th career hit. He also has over 500 homers!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page