December 2022 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: December 2022 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

Glad you made it back safely Tim! I went out for a while this morning myself for the first time since the blizzard hit. Couple of icy patches but roads are mainly back to normal now. 31 as of 3pm at CVG. I got another hour maybe 90 mins for a jet to take off :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

31 as of 4pm. We may see an intra hour reading of 32 at most. So Tim... barring some miracle here I believe you've got it! I will verify it with the 5pm climate report to make sure but it is looking like I'll have to buy the first round. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I darn near forgot to wish WinterStormJoe a very Happy Birthday today! Hope you had a wonderful day Joe! :birthdaymulticolor: :birthday: :balloons: :cake:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:49 pm I darn near forgot to wish WinterStormJoe a very Happy Birthday today! Hope you had a wonderful day Joe! :birthdaymulticolor: :birthday: :balloons: :cake:
Happy Birthday Joe. Hope everything is going well my friend.
winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

tpweather wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:57 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:49 pm I darn near forgot to wish WinterStormJoe a very Happy Birthday today! Hope you had a wonderful day Joe! :birthdaymulticolor: :birthday: :balloons: :cake:
Thanks guys, just going to take it easy tonight as it was a busy Christmas weekend. We usually celebrate my bday on NYE which just adds that extra beer to the mix. LOL

Today's contest with the 32 degree reading reminds me of the 89'd in the summer time. :)

I finally had a white bday!
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Joe that is a great ideal next summer and we can have a beer contest for the 89'd. Enjoy whenever you celebrate and have a cold one for me.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:08 pm
tpweather wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:57 pm
Thanks guys, just going to take it easy tonight as it was a busy Christmas weekend. We usually celebrate my bday on NYE which just adds that extra beer to the mix. LOL

Today's contest with the 32 degree reading reminds me of the 89'd in the summer time. :)

I finally had a white bday!
No doubt! :lol: 31 officially as of 5pm, we didn't even hit 32. Tim you've got it my friend. Great job! The first pitcher of your favorite beer is on me! : :drinkingcheers: IMBY 32, I didn't even get above freezing either. Low clouds due to the warm air coming in over the frozen ground won the day! Only melting and thawing I saw today was on my driveway which is fine by me. :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:24 pm Glad you made it back safely Tim! I went out for a while this morning myself for the first time since the blizzard hit. Couple of icy patches but roads are mainly back to normal now. 31 as of 3pm at CVG. I got another hour maybe 90 mins for a jet to take off :lol:
Les if its Southwest Airlines I will no doubt win the contest lol
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Look how I close I got. :lol:

fztp.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:20 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:24 pm Glad you made it back safely Tim! I went out for a while this morning myself for the first time since the blizzard hit. Couple of icy patches but roads are mainly back to normal now. 31 as of 3pm at CVG. I got another hour maybe 90 mins for a jet to take off :lol:
Les if its Southwest Airlines I will no doubt win the contest lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning! The Big Thaw begins today. We should see some sun this afternoon and temps getting up into the 40s. Should hit 50 tomorrow with rain Friday and esp on NYE. I am going with a 1/2" of rain with this system.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les did you sneak into the airport with your blow dryer last evening as the temp did hit 32. I was almost tasting the beer lol
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:41 am Les did you sneak into the airport with your blow dryer last evening as the temp did hit 32. I was almost tasting the beer lol
LOL! You still won anyway in my book since it did not break that 32 degree mark.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mid to upper 30s out there right now. ILN has me in the upper 40s this afternoon. I don't think we'll get that warm. Low 40s easily...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z GFS has 0.65" for CVG rain wise for Fri and NYE. Still hoping the rain ends by the evening hours for party goers. We'll see on that later.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Temp at 44 for the 1pm update. So rising quicker today and much stronger south wind helping raise temps. Thursday should be a wonderful day in terms of melting snow and ice and then just need a good dose of rain to clean the streets. Not much salt was put down with this storm as that was a waste of salt and really was not until I got on I-40 east of Knoxville that I ran into leftover salt on the roads. Car wash was taken care of today.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Car is covered in salt so will probably do that soon myself. Mother Nature will rinse the roads off nicely in the coming days. :lol: But yeah, temp did get much warmer then I thought today. Upper 40s within reach for sure. Going to try and see if I can wrap up some of the Christmas Lights tomorrow before everything gets soaked with rain. North facing in front of the house, so we'll see. Stuff might have to wait until the ground thaws if it's frozen in too badly.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Euro coming in as the wettest model for Fri / NYE with a low rolling right up the front and thru the area. However, the timing is such that if correct, maybe we can salvage some of the late afternoon and certainly will see much better conditions during the evening hours on NYE if this is correct. Rainfall amounts at CVG for this system are coming in at 1.26"
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

AddisonJM
Rain Shower

Post by AddisonJM »

Sitting at 50 just east of Dry Ridge. Boy, did that sunshine do a number on the snow cover today. Even the pond that was walkable yesterday afternoon is thawing in the middle.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

51 imby... way over performing in temps today. 49 as of the 3pm reading at CVG.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

The Sierra's for Thursday through Saturday are expecting 6-9 " of qpf. Not sure what the ratios will be bit some higher locations no doubt will see 8-10' of snow......in three days!!! With much more next week. Can you say drought busting
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:11 pm The Sierra's for Thursday through Saturday are expecting 6-9 " of qpf. Not sure what the ratios will be bit some higher locations no doubt will see 8-10' of snow......in three days!!! With much more next week. Can you say drought busting
I've seen some weenie GFS runs showing 360" of snow over the next 7 days in parts of the Sierra! :o
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

It's a shame the cold pattern has ended. We had a good thing going too. Peak snow cover on Christmas Day

ims2022359_usa.gif

As of 12/27:

ims2022362_usa.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Chance of spotty showers in SE Indiana tomorrow as the rain shield has trouble moving eastward. Most the rain comes in overnight Friday into Saturday. Go with along and north of 71 .50"-1.25" and along and south of 71 .30"-.75"
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all and wow! What a mild night. 49 IMBY right now, with CVG checking in at 47 as of the 7am ob. 60 anyone for today? It is possible since temps have been overachieving as of late anyway. It will be breezy today too but out of the south so a mild wind. That's a nice trend in the guidance for Friday keeping the bulk of the rain NW of us over Indiana. We'll have our turn though as expected on NYE. Hope to see the rain exit for evening plans. We still have a chance with that, Good call Bgoney on those rainfall totals. Looks good! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page