Lawn & Garden Thread

Everything Outdoors including gardening, landscaping, fishing, camping, hunting, and more!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Lawn & Garden Thread

Post by tron777 »

I'm going to cut the rest of the spinach after work today. Then, I hope to maybe this weekend get some of the garden planted. We'll see how things go!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

My back is broke LOL but it's done! Bush bean, wax bean, and KY White 1/2 runner bean seeds are in the ground. I have three beef steak tomato plants in.... the usual spice rack that I post about every year, garlic chive pot is out (just add water and you're done), and flowers are also in! Also spread some mulch and sowed some more grass seed / straw. Cleaned the shed gutters out too! Everything has been watered minus the grass seed, which is being watered now via the sprinkler. I still need to mow the lawn but that will have to wait until after work tomorrow as long as the t-storms hold off of course. ;) I am completely exhausted and need to rest for the rest of today. I'm even too tired to take some pics and post 'em in this thread! :lol: I will do so down the road.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

I got all the tomato stakes in the ground and will probably plant tomorrow evening. We’ll see about the peppers and cucumbers for tomorrow. The ground is worked up and ready.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:56 pm I got all the tomato stakes in the ground and will probably plant tomorrow evening. We’ll see about the peppers and cucumbers for tomorrow. The ground is worked up and ready.
Awesome! :thumbsup: The best of luck to you this year for a bountiful harvest!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Planted everything last evening. Cucumbers, tomatoes , zucchini’s, peppers, some more peas and lettuce . Light rain overnight just about perfect for watering in. Never thought I’d be planting tomatoes and peppers in April but there’s a first time for everything
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I agree! The rainfall totals are absolutely perfect as well as the intensity of the rain with a few mod to hvy pockets at times. I'd love to see 70s and 80s continue all summer with rain every 3-4 days. Of course that will never happen but one can dream! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

The landscape plants are taking off , things are really lush. Lettuce has been awesome for 3 weeks now. Head lettuce ,carrots and cabbage look great. Azaleas have been beautiful
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Everything that I have planted seems to be doing well. just waiting on the beans to start sprouting here shortly.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

IMG_1721.jpeg
IMG_1722.jpeg
IMG_1716.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Gorgeous pics Bgoney!!! Your landscaping is always top notch! I will eventually get around to posting some pics too.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Been seeing quite a few snakes the past week . Mostly black snakes, a couple of 4footers and yesterday a good 6 foot monster
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:31 pm Been seeing quite a few snakes the past week . Mostly black snakes, a couple of 4footers and yesterday a good 6 foot monster
Noooooooo thank you! :lol: I saw a little gardener snake down by the creek when I was mowing last week. That was enough for me. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bgoney wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:31 pm Been seeing quite a few snakes the past week . Mostly black snakes, a couple of 4footers and yesterday a good 6 foot monster
I wonder perhaps rat snakes?

I had a snake of that kind enter my finished basement bedroom when I resided in Raleigh, NC from a nearby woods through a hole somewhere and I thought at first that it was a water moccasin, but thankfully was just a non venomous rat snake. My folks called the police and an officer woman came and retrieved it out from under my chest of drawers bureau. She put it in a carton for transport and I was so relieved and very grateful to her for having helped my Dad and I. :) We patched up the hole where it had entered. :thumbupleft:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:50 pm
Noooooooo thank you! :lol: I saw a little gardener snake down by the creek when I was mowing last week. That was enough for me. :lol:
I'm not a snake fan either bro. :lol:

My Dad ran over and killed a copperhead one time in southern VA on some property of some friends of ours. :)