April 2024 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Re: April 2024 Weather Discussion

Post by winterstormjoe »

tron777 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 am Good morning all! 0.23" at CVG so far from this system. 0.21" at the Boone Co mesonet site and I have 0.24" here. Most of the rain is done minus our SE counties. Temps are around 60 this morning and will remain steady or rise into the low 60s at best today. The front will kick up the winds out of the NW as well once it passes. 50s and low 60s this weekend with lows in the 40s and U30s can be expected but dry. Monday looks nice in the mid 60s with sunshine before our next front and rain chances arrives by Tues afternoon sand night.

Happy Friday to you all!
Morning Les, I was planning to get the fire pit going this evening, but do you see the winds kicking up to the point that smoke and ashes will be blowing around a lot? I can always do this some other time! Thanks
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:20 am
tron777 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 am Good morning all! 0.23" at CVG so far from this system. 0.21" at the Boone Co mesonet site and I have 0.24" here. Most of the rain is done minus our SE counties. Temps are around 60 this morning and will remain steady or rise into the low 60s at best today. The front will kick up the winds out of the NW as well once it passes. 50s and low 60s this weekend with lows in the 40s and U30s can be expected but dry. Monday looks nice in the mid 60s with sunshine before our next front and rain chances arrives by Tues afternoon sand night.

Happy Friday to you all!
Morning Les, I was planning to get the fire pit going this evening, but do you see the winds kicking up to the point that smoke and ashes will be blowing around a lot? I can always do this some other time! Thanks
The wind should lessen a bit this evening but I still think NW winds around 10 mph are still possible. We will see gusts to 20 mph this afternoon.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We hit our high this morning, around 60. Temps continue to fall behind the front as gusty N and NW winds usher in cooler air. 54 as of this post at CVG.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Dry air continues to filter into the region. Visible satellite shows the back edge of the clouds pushing into our SE IN counties. We should slowly start to see a little sunshine this afternoon. We will see the sun in our NW counties first, and in the SE counties last. We shall see if temps can recover towards 60, or if CAA keeps us in the 50s.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Today's 12Z GFS in the extended range has backed off on the cold, but it's still very active as far as rainfall is concerned. I understand that the farmer's could use a break, but from an IMBY perspective, I like it, I like it! :) That KY clay dries out so fast that getting rain every 3 or 4 days is good for my lawn.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'm starting to see some blue sky showing up mixed in with the clouds here in Mason. Most of the thicker clouds are SE of I-71 per the latest visible satellite imagery.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 71, DAY 68 and CMH 67 in the predawn today.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and a nice period of dry weather expected over the next week or so. Looks like the only chance we have is later Tuesday and really not sure how much rain falls. Good for the farmers to plant and then we expect another uptick in storminess next weekend into the following week. That is what you want in spring and hopefully we can continue this through the month of May.

Yes starting to get hot in Florida and southern Texas with 90's showing up but that is normal this time of year as summer starts working northward. Good thing is the wet weather looks to remain over the southern plains and yes some rain to the northern plains and this is nice as well.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! A frost advisory is in effect for counties north of Cincinnati tonight. Otherwise Tim's post has your forecast covered!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Man.... That wind is rude tho morning! I'm at the soccer fields near my brother's since It is picture day and also a game here shortly for Cooper and the wind just cuts right through!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:54 am Man.... That wind is rude tho morning! I'm at the soccer fields near my brother's since It is picture day and also a game here shortly for Cooper and the wind just cuts right through!
At least the kids work up a sweat so the wind will feel good to them. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

They won 2-0. They won last week also. Coop had a nice defensive stop and one really nice shot on goal that almost went in.

A nice day if it weren't for the breeze. It's fine for the kids as you said Eric, just a bit nippy for the spectators.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and nice and cold but no frost this morning but some likely Monday morning. Not many changes in the long term as late Tuesday expect some showers to invade but most folks stay below 0.25. Cooler behind that and then Friday and Saturday could bring a nice soaking to the area. Not sure on severe weather at this moment but will watch over the next few days.

Longer terms and really into early May wet weather continues and yes will watch for severe weather with each system as we will be bringing in some moisture from the gulf states. Overall the plains and Ohio Valley looks quite wet during the next two weeks and this could lead to a rather pleasant May in terms of temps and nothing getting out of hand.

Summer and I have no idea what may happen and a big part of the summer forecast is what happens leading up to summer. If the rains continue here and to the west over the next 30-60 days then most likely the summer may turn out nice with below or near normal temps but we have plenty of time to figure that out. Getting tons of vegetation is a key in keeping temps down and you can see this in the southwest as a few years of rains are keeping the temps from getting out of hand so far this spring though they will go up because of the natural landscape.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:26 pm They won 2-0. They won last week also. Coop had a nice defensive stop and one really nice shot on goal that almost went in.

A nice day if it weren't for the breeze. It's fine for the kids as you said Eric, just a bit nippy for the spectators.
Congrats to Coop and his team, bro! 8-)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Both CVG / CMH got to 55 and DAY 53 yesterday.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

48 and clouds here , not very pleasant.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 53, DAY 52 and CMH 51 today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Had an awesome day mushroom hunting again. My brother and I found between 300-400 morels. Our best day ever!!! :). I'll be back to talk weather tomorrow.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

36 this morning at CVG with a frost advisory in effect. Otherwise a nice day with sun and low 60s. A little rain late Tues into Tues night with warmer air returning by the end of the week as the 70s reappear! However, we will see rain and t-storms Friday and Saturday at this time. Some decent rains still look to be possible.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:47 am 36 this morning at CVG with a frost advisory in effect. Otherwise a nice day with sun and low 60s. A little rain late Tues into Tues night with warmer air returning by the end of the week as the 70s reappear! However, we will see rain and t-storms Friday and Saturday at this time. Some decent rains still look to be possible.
Good Morning Les and looks like some folks will be below 32 this morning. Forecast looks good and yes late in the week better chances of rainfall though at the moment the best flow is into the central and northern plains and we tend to get the leftovers as they move east. Good to see the plains getting rainfall as they are still having some short term drought conditions but improving. So probably won't be a washout later this week into the weekend you can expect some periods of wet weather and again as temps rise we will need to look at severe weather as well. Next week looks unsettled as more chances of rain continue heading into May.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning Tim! I was down to 32 when I left for work this morning. CVG was down to 33 as of the 5am and 6am readings. Concerning rainfall for late week, I did notice modeling backing off on the coverage so if that trend continues, I will also need to back off some as well. I am going to give it a couple of days though before doing so. I think we have one more frost threat too for Thurs morning (behind our next frontal system for Tues PM / Tues night). After that, hopefully.... we are done with that until Fall. I did notice that modeling has also backed off on the cooler weather that was once shown for late April and early May so if correct, after this week, could we finally begin to plant? That would be nice.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

At the freezing mark here in G'ville and progged to top out at around 60 today.

Sure looking forward to the 70s again this weekend! :thumbupright:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:34 am At the freezing mark here in G'ville and progged to top out at around 60 today.

If modeling is correct on lower coverage of rain this weekend, down Cincy way, we could be looking at 80+ again.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:36 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:34 am At the freezing mark here in G'ville and progged to top out at around 60 today.

If modeling is correct on lower coverage of rain this weekend, down Cincy way, we could be looking at 80+ again.
I agree but I will be in Wisconsin where the rain looks likely. My son said is pond is still about 3 feet below what it should be so hopefully the rain will help. Are plan was to go up there and work in the yard but it may be to soggy. Leaving Thursday and coming back Sunday so a quick trip.