Joe Lieberman

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
tpweather
Hurricane

Joe Lieberman

Post by tpweather »

Joe Lieberman died on March 27th after a fall. Very few Politicians that I have high regards for but Mr. Lieberman imo was one of the best and though I was not always in the same camp as him he earned respect from everyone. The only other one that I really have high regards for is the prime minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu. His leadership in Israel is wonderful in a place that all your neighbors hate you.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Joe Lieberman

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm Joe Lieberman died on March 27th after a fall. Very few Politicians that I have high regards for but Mr. Lieberman imo was one of the best and though I was not always in the same camp as him he earned respect from everyone. The only other one that I really have high regards for is the prime minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu. His leadership in Israel is wonderful in a place that all your neighbors hate you.
I feel the same way about Netanyahu. He won't rest until Humus has been eliminated and that is the kind of leadership a successful country needs, You mess with us, it's the last thing you'll do. That kind of thing. Because right now, if you mess with the US, then okay, whatever. That's dangerous so hopefully nothing happens while our current leadership (or lack thereof) are in charge. RIP too Joe Lieberman. He was a Dem yes, but he was willing to compromise to work with the other side to get things done so I'm with you on that aspect as well Tim.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Amen regarding Lieberman and Netanyahu e.g.

I heard that Joe Lieberman was on John McCain's potential VP list during his 2008 campaign but he opted for Sarah Palin instead.

RIP Mr. Joe Lieberman and prayers / thoughts with his family.

I had a 2nd cousin who died from a fall several years ago.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm Amen regarding Lieberman and Netanyahu e.g.

I heard that Joe Lieberman was on John McCain's potential VP list during his 2008 campaign but he opted for Sarah Palin instead.

RIP Mr. Joe Lieberman and prayers / thoughts with his family.

I had a 2nd cousin who died from a fall several years ago.
If I recall, he became an Independent after leaving the Dem. Party.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page