Southern OV Snowstorm? Jan 15-16

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
BookNerdCarp
EF0 Tornado

Re: Southern OV Snowstorm? Jan 15-16

Post by BookNerdCarp »

Are we down to no snow between now and Tuesday?
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

tron777 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:30 am
MattD41 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:25 am Bummer… in the mood for a good one.

Love that we are finally cold though so that is noice!
Things just aren't set up right Matt for a big one. We've got the cold now but it's too much of a good thing since it's suppressing the deeper moisture to the south. We will probably start up a thread this weekend at some point for the Thurs / Fri of next week system. The cold relaxes by then and a storm fires up on the leading edge of the next arctic blast. Hopefully we can do a little better with that set up.
Please, please, please don't start a thread on this. :) :) It's the kiss of death every time. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

BookNerdCarp wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:36 pm Are we down to no snow between now and Tuesday?
We won't see anything worth breaking out the shovels. The arctic front tonight should provide most folks with up to 1/2" of accumulation. Localized locations could get a bit more. The for Mon and Tues... our best chance will be late Mon night into Tues morning but again, it looks light. Maybe another covering type of deal. You are further SE so you could get a 1/2" or something to that effect.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

young pup wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:43 pm

Things just aren't set up right Matt for a big one. We've got the cold now but it's too much of a good thing since it's suppressing the deeper moisture to the south. We will probably start up a thread this weekend at some point for the Thurs / Fri of next week system. The cold relaxes by then and a storm fires up on the leading edge of the next arctic blast. Hopefully we can do a little better with that set up.
Please, please, please don't start a thread on this. :) :) It's the kiss of death every time. :)
Talk to Trev on that JP! :lol: I have not started any of these threads yet. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

allowat3
Rain Shower

Post by allowat3 »

Should the towel be thrown on this storm for us? It looks to me that the GFS has more friends on its side compared to the NAM. On to the next one.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z Euro continues to pretty much show a non-event. I am keeping the prospects in of getting a dusting to a 1/2" but that is probably going to be worst case scenario.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

DJKuo
Rain Shower

Post by DJKuo »

Me looking at the winter storm watches down south...

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good ole SREF is always good for a laugh. 15Z run has a 2.52" mean at CVG next week. No way that happens, but it is fun to look at it. There are some pretty weenie members in there too. It's just like the NAM model so we won't plan it this occurring but it is fun to look at.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Here it is for CVG - 15Z SREF Plume.

Screenshot 2024-01-13 144210.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

tron777 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:56 pm
young pup wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:43 pm

Talk to Trev on that JP! :lol: I have not started any of these threads yet. :lol:
LOL Just giving everyone some grief. Maybe if I took off my plow it would snow. :) :) Actually going to set up something this next week to get it transferred to a different truck anyway. So it will probably snow when it is in the shop.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

young pup wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:04 pm LOL Just giving everyone some grief. Maybe if I took off my plow it would snow. :) :) Actually going to set up something this next week to get it transferred to a different truck anyway. So it will probably snow when it is in the shop.
Hopefully that will get the job done and set us up for the Thurs / Fri system. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

DJKuo
Rain Shower

Post by DJKuo »

HRRR showing a top 10 snowfall event for Memphis, TN area...

BookNerdCarp
EF0 Tornado

Post by BookNerdCarp »

alert legend
INZ050-058-059-066-073>075-080-KYZ089>100-OHZ026-034-035-042>046-
051>056-060>065-070>074-077>082-088-140900-
Wayne-Fayette-Union-Franklin-Ripley-Dearborn-Ohio-Switzerland-
Carroll-Gallatin-Boone-Kenton-Campbell-Owen-Grant-Pendleton-
Bracken-Robertson-Mason-Lewis-Hardin-Mercer-Auglaize-Darke-Shelby-
Logan-Delaware-Miami-Champaign-Clark-Madison-Licking-Preble-
Montgomery-Greene-Pickaway-Fairfield-Butler-Warren-Clinton-Ross-
Hocking-Hamilton-Clermont-Brown-Highland-Adams-Pike-Scioto-
Including the cities of Richmond, Connersville, Liberty,
West College Corner, Brookville, Batesville, Milan, Versailles,
Osgood, Bright, Lawrenceburg, Hidden Valley, Greendale, Aurora,
Dillsboro, Rising Sun, Vevay, Carrollton, Warsaw, Florence,
Burlington, Oakbrook, Covington, Erlanger, Independence, Newport,
Fort Thomas, Highland Heights, Bellevue, Dayton, Alexandria,
Owenton, Williamstown, Crittenden, Dry Ridge, Falmouth, Butler,
Augusta, Brooksville, Mount Olivet, Maysville, Tollesboro,
Head Of Grassy, Camp Dix, Vanceburg, Kenton, Ada, Celina,
Coldwater, Wapakoneta, St. Marys, New Bremen, Minster,
Greenville, Sidney, Bellefontaine, Marysville, Delaware, Troy,
Piqua, Tipp City, Urbana, Springfield, London, West Jefferson,
Plain City, Downtown Columbus, Newark, Eaton, Camden,
Downtown Dayton, Kettering, Beavercreek, Fairborn, Xenia,
Washington Court House, Circleville, Lancaster, Pickerington,
Hamilton, Middletown, Fairfield, Oxford, Mason, Lebanon, Landen,
Springboro, Franklin, Wilmington, Blanchester, Chillicothe,
Logan, Downtown Cincinnati, Milford, Summerside, Mount Carmel,
Mount Repose, Withamsville, Mulberry, Day Heights, Georgetown,
Mount Orab, Ripley, Aberdeen, Hillsboro, Greenfield, West Union,
Manchester, Peebles, Seaman, Winchester, Waverly, Pike Lake,
Piketon, Portsmouth, and Wheelersburg
340 PM EST Sat Jan 13 2024

...LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS EXPECTED OVERNIGHT...

A fast moving system will bring light snow across the area
tonight. The snow will not last very long in once location, but it
will result in light accumulations, generally less than one inch.

The snow will likely lead to slick conditions on untreated
roadways tonight into Sunday morning. Motorists should exercise
extra caution
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

18Z NAM gives the Tri-state counties N of the river an inch on Monday and 1-2" S of the River 0.07" QPFG at CVG but with high ratios you could get 1-2" out of it.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

18Z RGEM has 1-2" for most folks Mon night into early Tues.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

18Z GFS continues to be a swing and a miss.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

tron777 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:06 pm
young pup wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:04 pm LOL Just giving everyone some grief. Maybe if I took off my plow it would snow. :) :) Actually going to set up something this next week to get it transferred to a different truck anyway. So it will probably snow when it is in the shop.
Hopefully that will get the job done and set us up for the Thurs / Fri system. :lol:
Let's hope. :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:06 pm
If Jason were here, we could use his snowblower luck, too! :lol: ;)
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and glad to be posting once again. My wife and I sold our Edgewood home and will be heading south. Yes south to Independence,KY. 38 years and Edgewood would not extend our visa. This was sort of planned as we decided to rent a town home to see if we can do the shared patios homes. We should know this within 1-2 years and then either move to a shared patio home of just a single patio home. We plan on building and most likely in Independence. I told my wife she is from Edgewood area and got to spend 38 years near her childhood home so the next 38 we are moving out to where I spent my childhood. After those 38 years maybe find someplace in between.

Btw the big move day is Tuesday though I have rented a U-Haul this week and taken care of the smaller stuff and believe me there is a lot of stuff after 38 years.

I will get back to the weather later today as I should be home after 1 or 2 today and explain my forecast several days ago and why I missed the forecast.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:24 am Good Morning and glad to be posting once again. My wife and I sold our Edgewood home and will be heading south. Yes south to Independence,KY. 38 years and Edgewood would not extend our visa. This was sort of planned as we decided to rent a town home to see if we can do the shared patios homes. We should know this within 1-2 years and then either move to a shared patio home of just a single patio home. We plan on building and most likely in Independence. I told my wife she is from Edgewood area and got to spend 38 years near her childhood home so the next 38 we are moving out to where I spent my childhood. After those 38 years maybe find someplace in between.

Btw the big move day is Tuesday though I have rented a U-Haul this week and taken care of the smaller stuff and believe me there is a lot of stuff after 38 years.

I will get back to the weather later today as I should be home after 1 or 2 today and explain my forecast several days ago and why I missed the forecast.
Good morning Tim! Good luck on your move my friend! :) It does not appear that snow will be a major issue just the cold temps for your move.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

This continues to look like a non-event folks. Another dusting maybe at best. Some of you may not even see a thing minus cold temps of course.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:06 am
tpweather wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:24 am Good Morning and glad to be posting once again. My wife and I sold our Edgewood home and will be heading south. Yes south to Independence,KY. 38 years and Edgewood would not extend our visa. This was sort of planned as we decided to rent a town home to see if we can do the shared patios homes. We should know this within 1-2 years and then either move to a shared patio home of just a single patio home. We plan on building and most likely in Independence. I told my wife she is from Edgewood area and got to spend 38 years near her childhood home so the next 38 we are moving out to where I spent my childhood. After those 38 years maybe find someplace in between.

Good morning Tim! Good luck on your move my friend! :) It does not appear that snow will be a major issue just the cold temps for your move.
Hope you have a number of younger backs to lend a hand. Moving is no easy endeavor
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Hi Tim,

The very best to you and your wife, Wxbuddy, on your transition. :) My folks and I resided in a townhouse / townhome in north Raleigh, NC from 2004 to the first part of 2013. :) My dad served on its HOA board for a while until he resigned due to infighting among some other board reps.

We can certainly relate to downsizing as its still hard to find some room in our catalpa for things we'd like to keep. ;) Also we still have two storage bins in town that are a cluttering 'nightmare'. :lol: ;)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z NAM gives our extreme SE counties a dusting but pretty much a swing and a miss for most folks.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z RGEM is a swing and a miss as well as the 12Z GFS. I am going to unpin this thread as it is pretty much a non-event for our coverage area minus a few folks seeing a dusting which is what we have all been seeing anyway as of late. :lol: Even in KY is isn't looking all that good unless you're down closer to the TN border or in the higher elevations of the App. Mountains.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page