Asparagus recipe- very simple, very easy!

Share your recipes and cooking techniques. Whether you grill, use a smoker, or deep fry. We've got it all here to make your mouth water!
House of Cards
Heavy Rain

Asparagus recipe- very simple, very easy!

Post by House of Cards »

As Chef Tell used to say, (Tim, WinterStormJoe, and a few others will get that!) here is a delicious recipe for Asparagus with parmesian that i learned the other day.
You need a bunch of Asparagus, cutting off the "wooden" end parts. Mix the oil, butter (I actually just used stick margarine), Garlic, Parmesian, salt, pepper, and Panko crumbs. (Again, I didn't have any Panko bread crumbs, instead i used some of those Texas Toast Garlic Bread seasoned salad croutons, put them in a plastic bag and smashed them to crumbs). Then add the asparagus to coat with the mixture as evenly as possible.

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Put your asparagus/cheese/crumb mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. You'll cook the asparagus for 10 minutes on your top oven rack, then broil for 3-4 minutes to finish.

2 pounds (1 kg) asparagus washed, dried and wood ends removed
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese)
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste (about 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)

If you try this and don't think it's the most delicious way to cook asparagus, I will personally come to your house and eat the rest. Enjoy!

I wish you good luck, and I see you! ;)
Located at intersection of Blue Rock Rd and I-275/SR 126 Hwy in Colerain
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Asparagus recipe- very simple, very easy!

Post by tron777 »

I love asparagus Dave and will be sure to try this out!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I remember Chef Tell! :) For a period of years, if memory serves me right, he was often featured on a show "PM Magazine" hosted on (then) WKRC-12 by met Ira Joe Fisher and a reporter Janet Davies. :) Janet Davies was married to met Steve Deshler, who was also with WKRC-12. :)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun May 08, 2022 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
House of Cards
Heavy Rain

Post by House of Cards »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:40 pm I remember Chef Tell! :grin: For a period of years, if memory serves me right, he was often featured on a show "PM Magazine" hosted on (then) WKRC-12 by met Ira Joe Fisher and a reporter Janet Davies. :) Janet Davies was married to met Steve Deshler, who was also with WKRC-12. :)
Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner, winner, chicken dinner Eric. Funny PM magazine story, Henry Hill, the mobster the movie Goodfellas was about, was living in Northern Kentucky in the FBI Witness Protection Program at the time, and he HATED the hiding out. He was apparently down on Fountain Square one day when PM Magazine was taping a segment and they stuck a mic in front of him and interviewed him. His handlers were furious!!!
Located at intersection of Blue Rock Rd and I-275/SR 126 Hwy in Colerain
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

House of Cards wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:36 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:40 pm I remember Chef Tell! :grin: For a period of years, if memory serves me right, he was often featured on a show "PM Magazine" hosted on (then) WKRC-12 by met Ira Joe Fisher and a reporter Janet Davies. :) Janet Davies was married to met Steve Deshler, who was also with WKRC-12. :)
Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner, winner, chicken dinner Eric. Funny PM magazine story, Henry Hill, the mobster the movie Goodfellas was about, was living in Northern Kentucky in the FBI Witness Protection Program at the time, and he HATED the hiding out. He was apparently down on Fountain Square one day when PM Magazine was taping a segment and they stuck a mic in front of him and interviewed him. His handlers were furious!!!
Hi Dave! :)

That is very interesting about Henry Hill! :)

That mic moment too is kind of like a "Smile, you're on Candid Camera!" ;)

Goodfellas along with The Godfather trilogy are some of my favorite mafia movies. :)