Solar Activity

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Re: Solar Activity

Post by Bgoney »

IMG_1029.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Solar Activity

Post by tron777 »

I am surprised no one has posted about this yet so I will. :lol: Check this out from spaceweather.com:
ARE WE ABOUT TO EXPERIENCE A NEW CARRINGTON EVENT? No. AR3664 is indeed a 'Carrington-class' sunspot, but the CMEs it hurled toward Earth over the past few days are not as potent as the monster CME of Sept. 1, 1859. NOAA says we might experience a severe geomagnetic storm when the CMEs arrive this weekend. If geomagnetic storms were hurricanes, 'severe' would be category 4. The Carrington Event was category 5 or greater. So this is no Carrington Event. Even so, category 4 is pretty intense--if it happens. Stay tuned for some great auroras! Aurora alerts: SMS Text
Basically, we have a good chance to see some Auroras this weekend if we can get clear skies and also if you're away from the city lights. Tonight maybe questionable for viewing as we should start out clear but get increasing clouds ahead of tomorrow's cold front. Sat. night looks much better for viewing as we should have clear skies all night long. Please post a pic if any of you do happen to witness the Aurora's. I have too many lights around me unfortunately.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page