Prayer Requests

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: Prayer Requests

Post by MVWxObserver »

Please keep my cousin McKenna in prayer along with her husband Dakota and their kids Aubrey and Jalen. McKenna sustained a knee injury and tore her meniscus. :( It happened just before their recent move to Hamilton from Monroe.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Pastor Charlie Colgan Celebration of Life Arrangements

Christ Baptist Church extends our deepest sympathy to the Colgan family upon the death of Charles Joseph Colgan III. Pastor Charlie unexpectedly passed away Easter Sunday, April 9, 2023. :cyanangel: He was our pastor and shepherd and a beloved husband, father, brother and son. A Celebration of Life service will be held at Christ Baptist Church on Tuesday, April 18th at 4:00 in the Worship Center. Prior to the service, the Colgan family will receive friends and guests in the Gathering Hall beginning at 3:00 p.m. :grouphug: In lieu of flowers for the service, the family requests donations be made to Mission Aviation Fellowship.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My folks and I have an elderly friend from church and neighborhood widow neighbor named Ms Helen and one day this past week she was 'dusting' away some spider webs in her house and afterward she had backed up and into her coffee table causing her to lose her balance and fall. :cry: She sustained a fractured right shoulder and will be having a shoulder replacement this coming Wed 4/26 at Grandview Hospital in Dayton. Prayers and thoughts with her, her surgical team, and her family members that she will have a successful and smooth surgery and recovery. :thumbsup: She's a very faithful servant in the church on the welcoming team, hospitality committee, and ushering. Ms Helen is like an Energizer Bunny as she is 90 yrs old! :thumbupleft:

She's been through quite a lot medically as a while back she sustained a broken wrist in a fall while on one of her neighborhood walks and she's also had both wrists operated on for meta carpal tunnel repair, too.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My Mom Joyce had a cataract in her right eye repaired yesterday (Tues) in Richmond. She also has some preexisting conditions like dry macular degeneration e.g. She is depressed and anxious because her vision in that eye hasn't improved with a new lens implant. Dad and I feel for her, too, of course. She will have a followup on Wed morning also there in Richmond. Her left eye also has a cataract and she'll have it worked on August 1st. She's naturally concerned that her right eye is now going blind after Tues's procedure.

She can't rub that eye at all or get it wet e.g. Please pray for her recovery and that the Lord can ease her depression and anxiety. Dad helps her with some Refresh eye drops every so often for the eye for any post-op discomfort.

Re Refresh eye drops ~ Avoid a brand called EzriCare that's put out by Global Pharmacy as there's been a history recently of horrendous bacterial infection associated with that brand that has even caused some users to lose their infected eye(s).

That and the way the Redlegs have been performing in this 2nd half of the season so far has me :( , also.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Eric... My Mom also has macular degeneration in one her eyes. It's a tough disease to deal with but with God you can and you will. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:23 am Eric... My Mom also has macular degeneration in one her eyes. It's a tough disease to deal with but with God you can and you will. :)
I know Bro :)

Mom's older sister, my Aunt Carol, also has macular degeneration but its become a wet kind and she has to have periodic injections in both her eyes at Richmond. My Mom, Dad and I are prayerfully hopeful that her cataract procedure yesterday hasn't sent that eye into wet macular. She will see a different doctor there today at the same office as the one who did her procedure is in Connersville, IN today.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:56 am
tron777 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:23 am Eric... My Mom also has macular degeneration in one her eyes. It's a tough disease to deal with but with God you can and you will. :)
I know Bro :)

Mom's older sister, my Aunt Carol, also has macular degeneration but its become a wet kind and she has to have periodic injections in both her eyes at Richmond. My Mom, Dad and I are prayerfully hopeful that her cataract procedure yesterday hasn't sent that eye into wet macular. She will see a different doctor there today at the same office as the one who did her procedure is in Connersville, IN today.
That's the same kind my Mom has, the wet kind. She has to get a shot as well every few months.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Great news and a big relief as my folks found out from the doctor that it is not wet macular and no permanent damage from the cataract procedure. :) Its just that since Mom is a Type 2 diabetic that her procedure yesterday was a bit more harder and the doctor reassured that her eye will clear up more by, prayerfully, early next week and she'll have a followup with the ophthalmologist surgeon here in the Greenville office during that same time period. :)
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

So I am not normally one to talk about myself when a health condition arises, but just wanted to bring up the topic looking for advice as this is new and scary for me. Recently, I had an episode in waking up not knowing where I was or what date it was. Went to the ER who then preceded to tell me that based on my symptoms I needed to be admitted for tests. After numerous tests, bloodwork and an MRI was completed, the doctor informed me I had suffered TWO minor strokes. This really scared me as I know strokes can be very bad and life changing events. Fortunately they were only considered "minor" and I have no major physical issues that I can tell. Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this or maybe has family this has happened to? I am just taking it easy for a couple days and hoping nothing else more serious will happen.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mike... if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Is there any family history of stroke? I know that it can be heredity. It runs in my family so that is why I am asking. If you want to take it to PM, I'm here for you Bro! Shoot. I should say WE are here for you Bro! :grouphug:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

I'm 51 which seems way too young for this. :) No family history either!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:53 pm I'm 51 which seems way too young for this. :) No family history either!
I agree, that does seem young. I am not far behind you at 47. :lol: Will keep praying that the Dr's can find some answers!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My folks and I will keep you in prayer, Mike! :grouphug: God bless you and your family, bro! :thumbsup:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I have a prayer request for my folks and I as this afternoon we contacted a realtor here in Greenville and are in the process of buying a catalpa-style house at the BRC (Brethren Retirement Community) Village with an in-date by Oct 1st. :) This last major transition of our lives is of course both exciting and overwhelming but the Lord is Good and he will get us through it. :thumbupleft: Its a real nice neighborhood and my aunt, Mom's older sister, is just down a side street from our location at the same BRC Village. :) We will be meeting with the realtor early next week and that will really get the process rolling along. :) Our realtor's name is Dustin and he's a nephew of my Mom's younger sister. 8-)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

You are surrounded by family and loved ones Eric. Everything will be fine, Bro! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:10 pm You are surrounded by family and loved ones Eric. Everything will be fine, Bro! :thumbsup:
Amen Bro! :thumbsup:
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:06 pm My folks and I will keep you in prayer, Mike! :grouphug: God bless you and your family, bro! :thumbsup:
Thanks, Eric! :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:15 pm I have a prayer request for my folks and I as this afternoon we contacted a realtor here in Greenville and are in the process of buying a catalpa-style house at the BRC (Brethren Retirement Community) Village with an in-date by Oct 1st. :) This last major transition of our lives is of course both exciting and overwhelming but the Lord is Good and he will get us through it. :thumbupleft: Its a real nice neighborhood and my aunt, Mom's older sister, is just down a side street from our location at the same BRC Village. :) We will be meeting with the realtor early next week and that will really get the process rolling along. :) Our realtor's name is Dustin and he's a nephew of my Mom's younger sister. 8-)
Everything will go great!! Will keep in my prayers.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:11 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:15 pm I have a prayer request for my folks and I as this afternoon we contacted a realtor here in Greenville and are in the process of buying a catalpa-style house at the BRC (Brethren Retirement Community) Village with an in-date by Oct 1st. :) This last major transition of our lives is of course both exciting and overwhelming but the Lord is Good and he will get us through it. :thumbupleft: Its a real nice neighborhood and my aunt, Mom's older sister, is just down a side street from our location at the same BRC Village. :) We will be meeting with the realtor early next week and that will really get the process rolling along. :) Our realtor's name is Dustin and he's a nephew of my Mom's younger sister. 8-)
Everything will go great!! Will keep in my prayers.
Thank you very much, Mike! :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My folks and I have been in the process of getting ready to move elsewhere in Greenville and PTL as our current house has been sold!! :) :thumbupleft: We have to be out by October 1st. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:14 pm My folks and I have been in the process of getting ready to move elsewhere in Greenville and PTL as our current house has been sold!! :) :thumbupleft: We have to be out by October 1st. :)
Awesome Bro! :thumbsup: Glad to hear that went well for you guys.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:39 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:14 pm My folks and I have been in the process of getting ready to move elsewhere in Greenville and PTL as our current house has been sold!! :) :thumbupleft: We have to be out by October 1st. :)
Awesome Bro! :thumbsup: Glad to hear that went well for you guys.
Thank you very much Les! :)