July 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: July 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by MVWxObserver »

* Primary threats include...

Scattered damaging wind gusts to 65 mph possible
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

My weather radio has barely stopped sounding for 20 minutes. This line coming in seems intense. Hope everyone's OK!
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

Ok. It wasn't very impressive here.
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and nice living in the tropical rain forest lol. Today should be the last day of this short term heat and though we never got into the intense heat we got the dew points near 80 at times. Looks like the next 2 weeks we get back in the pattern we have had much of the summer and that is temps near to slightly below normal and some chances of rainfall. My lawn is so high and will mow Monday when it gets nice around here.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Looking over things this morning and the front has just passed Indy and moving southeast. This is a tad faster than it showed yesterday which imo is a good thing. Rain chances later today are less the further north you head and even locally we may have the front go through before it fires up some showers and thundershowers. Central and Southern Kentucky have the best shot of rain later today. Once the winds turn around to the northwest expect dew points to drop below 70 but it could be until Monday for us to really lower those dew points below 65. Next week rather typical for the first week of August with temps near or just slightly below normal with a chance of rain later in the week. Next weekend could end up being really nice but we know systems can hang up further north this time of year. All in all the short term heat wave is gone.
snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

Power is back after being off since 4:30am. Morning walk showed many big branches down, one that went through the roof of a house. Rain was .7".
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

snowbo wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:06 pm Power is back after being off since 4:30am. Morning walk showed many big branches down, one that went through the roof of a house. Rain was .7".
Hi Bo,

Prayerfully that resident is okay.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My gauge picked up .48" from Fri night / predawn Sat. :)

Our phone rang a couple times with some wx alerts via Weathercall which is associated with WRAL5 in Raleigh, NC where we had lived before moving back to Ohio in July 2013. Its neat that mets prerecorded watches / warnings from all the way from there alert us to Darke Co ones, too. :)

:offtopic: What a beaut of a day it was Sat! :thumbupleft: Even though sad in part, my folks, sister, niece, and I joined with other extended family members at a celebration of life service for an uncle who had passed in March at the age of 79. After the service, the church in Ansonia, OH where my aunt, uncle, and their 3 daughters had attended for years, hosted a breakfast brunch of doughnuts, fresh fruit, coffee and OJ. Afterward all the family went to my aunt's house on the edge of Greenville for more fellowship and a catered lunch. :) It was like a family reunion with kin from places like Mt Airy, NC, VA Beach, O'Fallon, MO near St Louis, Rochester Hills, MI and as far as Vichy, France not far from the Switzerland border. :) My uncle who was called Home, he and my aunt's youngest daughter, her husband, and their daughter reside in France. They've resided in the UK, Switzerland, and now twice in France. :)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:17 pm My gauge picked up .48" from Fri night / predawn Sat. :)

Our phone rang a couple times with some wx alerts via Weathercall which is associated with WRAL5 in Raleigh, NC where we had lived before moving back to Ohio in July 2013. Its neat that mets prerecorded watches / warnings from all the way from there alert us to Darke Co ones, too. :)

:offtopic: What a beaut of a day it was Sat! :thumbupleft: Even though sad in part, my folks, sister, niece, and I joined with other extended family members at a celebration of life service for an uncle who had passed in March at the age of 79. After the service, the church in Ansonia, OH where my aunt, uncle, and their 3 daughters had attended for years, hosted a breakfast brunch of doughnuts, fresh fruit, coffee and OJ. Afterward all the family went to my aunt's house on the edge of Greenville for more fellowship and a catered lunch. :) It was like a family reunion with kin from places like VA Beach, O'Fallon, MO near St Louis, Rochester Hills, MI and as far as Vichy, France not far from the Switzerland border. :) My uncle who was called Home, he and my aunt's youngest daughter, her husband, and their daughter reside in France. They've resided in the UK, Switzerland, and now twice in France. :)
RIP to your uncle Eric.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Afternoon and a much nicer day as dew points continue to slowly drop. Not a quick drop but at noon CVG had a dew of 64. Hopefully overnight into Monday and Tuesday we can see the dew points drop into the 50's and will be so nice after the last several days. I see no extended heat over the next two weeks and we may not even see a temp of 90. Never say never as temps do warm ahead of a front but it would a one day affair at best. Some chances of rain as well with the first chance late this week. Mowed my grass and it was high for late July but in wonderful condition.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:21 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:17 pm My gauge picked up .48" from Fri night / predawn Sat. :)

:offtopic: What a beaut of a day it was Sat! :thumbupleft: Even though sad in part, my folks, sister, niece, and I joined with other extended family members at a celebration of life service for an uncle who had passed in March at the age of 79. After the service, the church in Ansonia, OH where my aunt, uncle, and their 3 daughters had attended for years, hosted a breakfast brunch of doughnuts, fresh fruit, coffee and OJ. Afterward all the family went to my aunt's house on the edge of Greenville for more fellowship and a catered lunch. :) It was like a family reunion with kin from places like VA Beach, O'Fallon, MO near St Louis, Rochester Hills, MI and as far as Vichy, France not far from the Switzerland border. :) My uncle who was called Home, he and my aunt's youngest daughter, her husband, and their daughter reside in France. They've resided in the UK, Switzerland, and now twice in France. :)
RIP to your uncle Eric.
Thank you, Tim. My Uncle Doug had suffered with brain bleed episodes since about late 2021 or so and had his first episode of that while at the wheel of his semi rig as he had been a trucker for several years and was pulling into a truck stop. His health further declined this past January and in February he had a CT-scan or MRI that revealed a brain tumor. :( He went to be with the Lord while in hospice in early March.

My family and I have a lot of great memories of him through the years and he was a wonderful husband to my aunt whose first husband had abandoned her and father to my 3 girl cousins, 2 of whom he adopted and a 3rd that he and my aunt conceived. :grouphug:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

HAPPY 38TH BIRTHDAY TO MFITZ730 MIKE!! :balloons: :birthday: :birthdaymulticolor: :cake: :unclesam: :)

Enjoy your special day, Wxbuddy! 8-)
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:47 pm HAPPY 38TH BIRTHDAY TO MFITZ730 MIKE!! :balloons: :birthday: :birthdaymulticolor: :cake: :unclesam: :)

Enjoy your special day, Wxbuddy! 8-)
Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful day
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Happy Birthday Mike!!!! Hope you have had a wonderful day! On our way home from Michigan. In Dayton now. We had a ball. Swam, fished rode a side by side, attended a free concert, and drank cold beer.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning. The first week of August looks very typical though a little less humid than normal. Temps in the 80's all week and by the end of the week the humidity will creep up but nothing like last week. Models are not sure when the next chance of rain will happen. Trying to throw a mcs towards us but moisture with that looks to be further south. Will watch that over the next few days and then maybe a stronger cold front this weekend could bring the chances for rain but we are getting into the time of year where many cold fronts will lack moisture but with the recent rains over much of the mid-west this helps with moisture chances. Next week models trying to figure out if we get a deeper trough in the east which would bring us really nice weather or do we have more of a flatten trough which keeps temps near normal. Either way not seeing any extended heat over the next 2 weeks and maybe just maybe 1 or 2 days near 90 but nothing like last week where we had 90 and dew points in the upper 70's.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning folks! I am going with our next chance for rain on Thurs. Low chance POPS for sure from this distance as Tim already mentioned due to model uncertainty. For now, this is good weather for me to play catch up on outside. :lol: Got to mow, garden, etc etc. Normal summer time stuff around here. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Hey Les and not a bad week to work in the yard. Overnight we had northwest to north winds which kept temps up a few degrees. That should switch to the northeast today and tonight and bring in even lower dew points. Tuesday and even Wednesday look great and towards the end of the week somewhat muggier but for the first week of August I will be happy
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:06 am Hey Les and not a bad week to work in the yard. Overnight we had northwest to north winds which kept temps up a few degrees. That should switch to the northeast today and tonight and bring in even lower dew points. Tuesday and even Wednesday look great and towards the end of the week somewhat muggier but for the first week of August I will be happy
Already seeing light NE winds at CVG. Dew is at 65 currently. Lower dews are very close by so we should see the dew point drop as you said as time goes on today.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Let's all wish The KING of The Domes, MIKE.... a very happy birthday!! Mike, hope you have a great day today and hopefully a domeless future! :lol: :birthdaymulticolor: :balloons: :cake: :birthday:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

8" of rain at CVG for the month of July. I know I never got that much only being 3 miles south of the Airport. I probably only got 5 or 6" for the month. Anyway, officially that ranks as 6th wettest on record.

https://www.weather.gov/iln/climate_top10_cvg#
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:06 am Let's all wish The KING of The Domes, MIKE.... a very happy birthday!! Mike, hope you have a great day today and hopefully a domeless future! :lol: :birthdaymulticolor: :balloons: :cake: :birthday:
Happy Birthday Mike. Hope you have a wonderful day
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:35 am 8" of rain at CVG for the month of July. I know I never got that much only being 3 miles south of the Airport. I probably only got 5 or 6" for the month. Anyway, officially that ranks as 6th wettest on record.

https://www.weather.gov/iln/climate_top10_cvg#
I ended up with around 8 inches as well. Lawn looks wonderful and with the lower humidity arriving that can only help.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

HAPPY 51ST BIRTHDAY MIKE!! :balloons: :birthday: :birthdaymulticolor: :cake: :)

Enjoy your special day, Wxbuddy! 8-) I appreciate your analysis and other input, bro! :)

Two Mike bdays back to back! 8-)