Christy McVie

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
tpweather
Hurricane

Christy McVie

Post by tpweather »

Christy McVie has died and believe they mentioned she was 79. She was not a founding member like some earlier media outlets showed but she came in around 1970. What a beautiful voice and great song-writer. Even though this was not what I normally listen to they were part of my teenage years growing up and of course they hit it big with the album Rumors. RIP
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Christy McVie

Post by tron777 »

Just read that Tim. One of the early Fleetwood Mac pioneers was Peter Green. (As you know) Bob Welsh even had a big hit with Mac when he was there in 1971-1974. Good stuff even before the addition of the McVie's and the "Rumors" album.

Here is Bob's Hit, Hypnotized. Nice drum beat at the beginning to by Mick Fleetwood.

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:24 pm Just read that Tim. One of the early Fleetwood Mac pioneers was Peter Green. (As you know) Bob Welsh even had a big hit with Mac when he was there in 1971-1974. Good stuff even before the addition of the McVie's and the "Rumors" album.

Here is Bob's Hit, Hypnotized. Nice drum beat at the beginning to by Mick Fleetwood.
Les I was a big fan of Peter Green which most folks have never heard of and of course Bob Welsh who had a few hits of his own back in the 70's and was sort of a pioneer of the MTV period. Both Peter and Bob have died in the past several years.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:30 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:24 pm Just read that Tim. One of the early Fleetwood Mac pioneers was Peter Green. (As you know) Bob Welsh even had a big hit with Mac when he was there in 1971-1974. Good stuff even before the addition of the McVie's and the "Rumors" album.

Les I was a big fan of Peter Green which most folks have never heard of and of course Bob Welsh who had a few hits of his own back in the 70's and was sort of a pioneer of the MTV period. Both Peter and Bob have died in the past several years.
That's just it Tim... so many people have forgotten about Mac's early years with Green and Welsh. Some awesome music even more so then the commercial stuff that everyone knows aka the Rumors Album. Lindsey Buckingham did one thing right. He brought us Stevie Nicks! Buckingham is an asshole in my opinion and rightly got fired from the band a few years ago. Glad to see him replaced by Mike Campbell, former guitarist for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Anyway, you get my point... and I think you feel the same way that their early stuff was awesome and simply forgotten by a lot of people.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I know people who think Lindsey Buckingham wrote this in the late 70s. Wrong. Peter Green in 1969!

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

You can really hear Christy's voice in this tune:

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

RIP Christy McVie :cry:

Prayers and thoughts with her family, Fleetwood Mac and the music world.

I love rock from the '60s, '70s and '80s. :thumbupright:

Today's modern era rock and roll at least to me re lyrics e.g. is "muffled" so to say and hard to understand.